closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono24 Anyone?

Chrono24 Anyone?

Any thoughts guys or experiences with purchasing from Chrono24, either from the uk itself, or the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedTaff View Post
    Any thoughts guys or experiences with purchasing from Chrono24, either from the uk itself, or the EU?
    The search function has many examples.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No issues with the purchase I made from the EU.

Made a couple of purchases from UK and EU, both fine.

Grand Master
    Chrono 24 is responsible for driving prices upwards in my opinion. SC looks like great value by comparison!

As stated, been discussed many times. I've bought a few watches and as long as you use the escrow service it is as safe as houses.

Master
    Doesn't always work. I saw something I liked on there in Bulgaria, said I'd like to buy it, but never heard a thing from the seller. I had a feedback request from Chrono24 about how my purchase went, and by the way that 'Seller didn't respond' was at the top of the available options for why the sale didn't happen, I can only presume this isn't an uncommon experience! Still, I lost nothing, and I guess you are reasonably protected by their systems.

Chrono24 Anyone?

Bought an IWC from Latvia, on Chrono24 arrived no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Chrono 24 is responsible for driving prices upwards in my opinion. SC looks like great value by comparison!
    Sorry SC??

Grand Master
    Sorry SC??
    Sales Corner, buddy. After 250 posts you get access......subject to Eddie’s approval.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Sales Corner, buddy. After 250 posts you get access......subject to Eddie’s approval.
    Ah, thank you yes I have some time to go yet,lol.

3 excellent transactions, one new watch from a UK seller, one pre/owned from a private seller in France, one vintage from a dealer in Bulgaria.

It’s a market place, and although the ESCROW is reassuring, you still need to be diligent.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    3 excellent transactions, one new watch from a UK seller, one pre/owned from a private seller in France, one vintage from a dealer in Bulgaria.

It’s a market place, and although the ESCROW is reassuring, you still need to be diligent.

Dave

Yes I'm only looking at sellers with superb feedback, a store with a phone number and a seller that has excellent communication, and so far they've all been very good to be fair, but the best by far is, watchfinder which have been excellent but are notably more expensive. after being on the Panerai forum, I now like the PAM233, simply stunning aesthetically.

I have bought there several times, from dealers and individuals in Germany, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Spain and France.
    Never had a problem but have always searched up the seller and done my research.
    I have also got a few total bargains there, although generally I agree that the dealer prices are a little fluffed.
    I think the dealer verification system and the funds holding for individual sellers is a good idea, but generalisations are of limited value as it is only really an advertising platform, and there are always a few bad'uns on any given platform.

Dave

Master
    Bought my UN from The EU (Poland) did my due diligence and had an absolutely text book transaction.
    A trusted dealer and used escrow-service with credit card so a reasonable amount of protection.
    Payed the money and the watch arrived less than 24 hours later.

Bought 3 watches from Aus, Spain and Holland. Two dealers, one private. All flawless. I may have been lucky, but it let me get three watches I really wanted at great prices from some very decent people. Its one big downside is prices are the highest there are aside from full-price ADs.

Master
    You can try here he has an excellent reputation on other forums and I can attest to his rep as well.

https://davidsw.com/

Craftsman
    Only used it once, to get my Nomos Orion from a private seller in Austria.

Great experience, escrow worked well etc. Only problem is I was convinced that the second I confirmed the transaction and released the funds I would spot a serious issue, so I spent all morning staring at the watch out of paranoia!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Their escrow service makes it safe.
    Their habit of charging sellers 3-5% sales fee on top of an eyewatering monthly subscription makes it expensive.

If the watch you find on there is being advertised by a bricks and mortar shop, its a better idea to contact them directly, and make the drive to go inspect/pay/collect in person and negotiate a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    The search function has many examples.
    This.

Generally very good reports. It gets a thumbs up from me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

purchased via 24 for a watch from japan, excellent service from seller 7 24, next purchase will be via same and hope for sililar experience , but a lot of the experience depends on the seller!

Bought a few from there, all received in good time and no problems at all

Master
    Chrono 24 guard the privacy of the seller absolutely. They insist you must have a police investigatory document to reveal seller . Problem being in the UK fraud is investigated whereas scams often aren’t and they will refer you to trading standards for misdescription which Chrono24 don’t recognise . So basically if seller doesn’t send you the watch you’ve got a case but if sends you a franken pile of poop , you’ve got no case.
    Therefore always use the Escrow and Id suggest buy from bricks and mortar establishments who you can at least do some sort of due diligence on.
    I’d still buy and sell using them but just be aware of the above

Journeyman
    I've bought four times from brick and mortar sellers using the Escrow payment service and had Zero problems. From UK, France, Italy and Germany. The Italian purchase was for a vintage Speedy Pro which arrived running poorly despite claims of recent service. The seller paid for return shipping and serviced the watch, including photos of the process all at no extra charge. Overall, if the photos are very good, the seller is a real store, and you use the payment system then it's not really any riskier than buying a used watch from any other store. Always check the return policy!

Apprentice
    I've not bought from there before. Close to and have made offers. Common sense always helps and buying from trusted sellers with positive reviews. Some of the sellers have their own shops / websites too so worth also checking them out.
    I'd be a little wary maybe of private sellers with no feedback.

I have purchased an IWC pilot about a year ago on Chrono24, from a EU dealer. Overall experience was positive, although communication could have been better. The watch is in the same condition as appeared on photos, and no issues with shipping etc. - done via DHL.

If you don't know the dealer I suggest going with listings that offer buyer protection through an escrow account. This way your money is held with Chrono24 in case anything goes wrong.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Bought an IWC from Latvia, on Chrono24 arrived no problem.
    I had no problems purchasing. I used the escrow service which cost me. Deal went down fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Cluedoh View Post
    I had no problems purchasing. I used the escrow service which cost me. Deal went down fine.
    hi there, can I ask how much you paid the escrow, like is there a %?

Craftsman
    Bought some watches from Chrono24, sold some watches on Chrono24. Both in and out side the EU.
    Never had any issues. But when I buy I always get to know the seller first.

Master
    hi there, can I ask how much you paid the escrow, like is there a %?
    Not for buyers, only for sellers.

Journeyman
    I’ve just made a purchase from there tonight...let’s see how this goes!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by doing_time999 View Post
    I’ve just made a purchase from there tonight...let’s see how this goes!
    I'm curious about this too. I've always used it, rightly or wrongly, as a guage of second hand prices of certain watches. Would love to buy from here so far too afraid to try it. Probably should test the water with a less expensive watch I guess.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hoganj View Post
    I'm curious about this too. I've always used it, rightly or wrongly, as a guage of second hand prices of certain watches. Would love to buy from here so far too afraid to try it. Probably should test the water with a less expensive watch I guess.
    So...my transaction went well. I am now an owner of a 116610LN Rolex Submariner! It has been thoroughly checked out to make sure it is genuine...yes the case back was taken off to make sure it really was the real 3135 in there! Couldn’t be happier!

Congrats and well done on making the jump. Enjoy the new watch!

PS: post some pictures 😁

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianwong View Post
    Congrats and well done on making the jump. Enjoy the new watch!

PS: post some pictures 
    78F9B447-0219-4E23-A682-C896AE8B5A56.JPG53C15231-4D16-47FE-B344-08C3B3FB88B5.JPG

You can see more over on my new Instagram @doing_time999