closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA about iPad Handoff (some of you will thank me for this)

PSA about iPad Handoff (some of you will thank me for this)

Most evenings I sit with my wife, tv on and both of us looking at our iPads, me on TZ her on god knows what. Well it seems that somehow (I think it’s the update) both iPads have synced and what ever I’m looking at is now visible on her iPad! So no more talking about her on forums or window shopping expensive watches.

I haven’t a clue how this happened but to stop it you to go into settings, select general, then Airplay & Handoff and turn it off.

We do share an iTunes account so it could be that but, if you don’t want your wife seeing what you’re seeing 😉 I’d get into setting fast.

Justin44

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    Most evenings I sit with my wife, tv on and both of us looking at our iPads, me on TZ her on god knows what. Well it seems that somehow (I think it’s the update) both iPads have synced and what ever I’m looking at is now visible on her iPad! So no more talking about her on forums or window shopping expensive watches.

I haven’t a clue how this happened but to stop it you to go into settings, select general, then Airplay & Handoff and turn it off.

We do share an iTunes account so it could be that but, if you don’t want your wife seeing what you’re seeing  I’d get into setting fast.

Justin44
    It's that - this will not happen otherwise. Itunes accounts are not designed for sharing.

At least you weren’t watching Xenia Crushova on YouTube.

You need to setup an iCloud account for your wife and create an iCloud Family Sharing linking your account to your wife’s new account. Once you’ve done that you can share your app store purchases with your wife whilst having separate iPads. You can also sign into the app store using your account on your wife’s iPad whilst be signed into different main iCloud accounts.

You can also share paid storage with Family Sharing. I pay for 2TB of iCloud storage to store my photos. I can share this between my wife and 2 kids so their Apple devices can back up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    You need to setup an iCloud account for your wife and create an iCloud Family Sharing linking your account to your wife’s new account. Once you’ve done that you can share your app store purchases with your wife whilst having separate iPads. You can also sign into the app store using your account on your wife’s iPad whilst be signed into different main iCloud accounts.

You can also share paid storage with Family Sharing. I pay for 2TB of iCloud storage to store my photos. I can share this between my wife and 2 kids so their Apple devices can back up properly.
    Life used to be so simple.......

Thanks you, I’ll look into above.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Done,thanks for the heads up.

On a similar note, tech can be your enemy if you aren't careful.

Our son found out about Santa via Alexa last year.

How?

Because he asked Alexa to show him some things he was thinking of putting on his Christmas list, and she showed him stuff that we had bought the previous year and put in his stocking from Father Christmas...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Sharing icloud accounts is a recipe for disaster. I had a colleague who’s text chats automatically appeared on his wife’s ipad because they were sharing icloud accounts.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Sharing icloud accounts is a recipe for disaster. I had a colleague who’s text chats automatically appeared on his wife’s ipad because they were sharing icloud accounts.
    Yes, I had a colleague who had the same issue...it nearly ended in divorce!

Not that I have anything like that to hide, but I stay away from Apple products due to these sync unknowns!