closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage watch shopping in Geneva

Master
    Blog Entries

Vintage watch shopping in Geneva

I’m having a couple of days in Geneva at the end of this week. I fancy a bit of browsing of unusual vintage watches. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to go?

http://www.db1983.com/

Here would be a good start, I’m sure there’s more

There are two markets, one in the centre of Geneva and one in the Latin quarter of the city on a Sunday.

You tend to find tons of Omega and Tissot watches (I kind of get the impression they were the accurist and rotary of the day for the Swiss) you can also find some interesting OllechWajs and some unusual stuff as well if you look around.

Most of the vintage watch sellers seem to be Italian for some reason.

I presume the centre of Geneva market is PlainPalais. It's a large flea market with a few stalls that sell watches and watch related items. Saturday is the main day i believe - but also Wednesdays and first Sunday of the month.

What is the Latin quarter market?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the suggestions so far .. I would like more details on the markets to

I remember a shop called Ponti that was well stocked with some lovely new and vintage stuff
    Going back 3 or 4 years so google it maybe?
    It was pretty well near the main shopping streets just back off the quay.
    Top tip for sensibly priced lunch is to visit the top floors of some of the department stores- they all seem to have very good quality food at sensible prices but get there early- very popular with the locals!
    Lake steamer down to Evian and back is a nice 1/2 day out too...
    Last edited by GOAT; 4th February 2020 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Top tip for sensibly priced lunch is to visit the top floors of some of the department stores- they all seem to have very good quality food at sensible prices but get there early- very popular with the locals!
    Manor FTW

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Plainpalais Saturday market is brilliant. I go there regularly. Lots of watches, watch books and parts. And you can haggle. Just up the road, past Carmen Hotel, is Migros supermarket with a great and relatively inexpensive restaurant. Lausanne also has a lively Saturday morning market.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Vintage watch shopping in Geneva

Have a look at Iconeek and see if you can get them to knock the price of this Stratoliner down to about CHF1,200 for me!

https://www.iconeek.com/fortisstrato...#wa-anchor-top

(only kidding, have a nice time)
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 4th February 2020 at 17:40.