closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hublot

Master

Hublot

General WISdom is that hublot are no good. What’s the thoughts of Tzers?

Eta

The unico in house movement

Very well made watches. Buy 2nd hand as they depreciate like a bugger. They alienate WIS as they conjure images of rappers and footballers but ironically in the real world the darling of the WIS (Rolex) is equally polarising as it is seen as louche and cliched by some. So buy what you like.

I've had the big bang steel/ceramic 44mm, steel 44mm and the Classic Fusion Aero (45mm). All lovely watches and finishing is a notch above what you get from IWC and Breitling etc but again get these pre owned else you will take a bath on resale

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I do like some of the models such as the big bang, especially the rose gold and ceramic versions. But for some reason, i wouldn’t buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always wondered if the whole point is they're so ugly people wear them to be ironic.
    "A man of little significance"

I want to like them because they take some bold chances on design, but the 2 skeleton ones I tried on were, to my eyes, very difficult to read. One was impossible. The photo above on the unico one makes it appear easier to read than it really is.

I quite like the standard Big Bang, except for the price of it. I suppose they are priced the way they are, not for reasons of horological finesse, but because they “just are”. I’m not totally cool with that.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, Hublot sits in a bit of a "no man's land" of sport watches.

For more cachet, I'd buy Rolex.
    For elegant finishing and beautiful dials, I'd buy Grand Seiko.
    For design impact and record-breaking dimensions, I'd buy a Bvlgari Octo Finissimo.

Plus, I associate with Hublot with football (not in a good way). As written by Hodinkee: "The Big Bang has a very specific flair associated with it, along with a very specific market segment".

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/hu...al-introducing

Nevertheless, Hublot watches must be selling well as LVMH just reported strong growth from the brand! So in short, what do I know?

https://monochrome-watches.com/recor...ri-and-hublot/

I feel like Hublot was a cynically formed company and that their watches take a little too much ‘inspiration’ from certain Genta designs. This is probably why an RO maintains its value while a Hublot drops like a tv off a tower block.

A friend has one and it seems well made etc, but he is very much the stereotypical target demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice watches with bold designs and a good fusion of materials. Costly if bought new.
    That is all that matters. Rest is just noise.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got a soft spot for Hublot. Particularly the matte ceramic Aerofusion Orlinski which I'd have in a heartbeat. Also like the Unico's. They're very well made and make a refreshing change to the usual WIS motivated snoozefests.
    I do find that the clasp always sits oddly on me though which makes for uncomfortable wearing for an extended period of time.
    Best to buy at -27-30% as depreciation from RRP is instant when leaving the building.

Better to get an Invicta. Most are just as ugly but at a fraction of the cost!

Master
    They all look the same to me. Not much deiveation from one model to the next.