closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wilder v Fury 2

Wilder v Fury 2

Three weeks to this rematch and I’m really looking forward to it.

I think Tyson won the first fight, but with the knockdowns a draw wasn’t the worst decision I’ve ever seen (although a split decision draw always makes me wonder how all three judges can see the same fight so differently).

Arguably the most skilled boxer in the division against the widely considered hardest hitter, I’m hoping for fireworks.

As of today Betfair has a Wilder win at 11/10, a fury win at 4/5 and another draw at 22/1. I’d love to see Tyson win and then go on to fight AJ, but my head says a late Wilder KO.

What do you think?

Craftsman
    I'm looking forward to this fight. Honestly know idea how it will play out.

Fury wasn't 100% when they first fought, this time I think he will be. I know he didn't look good in his last fight against Wallin but he seems to be one of those fighters who performs to his opposition. We will get the best fully focused version of Fury when he fights Wilder.

However on the over hand having already fought Fury, Wilder will know exactly whats he up against so may be able to time his shots better. 36 mins is a long time to avoid Wilder's right hand!

Really excited about this one. Heart says Fury but head says Wilder KO this time.

Wilder will get him this time, he carries KO power for all 12 rounds.

People think they have him beat and them BAM your on the deck seeing stars.

This should be a Fight for the Ages (but probably won't be!). Both fighters are huge guys in their late prime, and now realize just what the other fighter brings to the ring. Each will have worked on his first fight weaknesses and developed strategies for exploiting his opponent's weak areas and his own strengths.

A few things that could prevent this from being a great fight are:
    • An injury (known or unknown) to either fighter.
    • An 'Act of God' like a serious head butt, low blow, ACL tear, etc.
    • Both fighters playing too much defense.
    • This being the Heavyweight division, a 'lucky' early knockout happens.
    • Cuts stop the fight when that fighter is making a valid comeback.

I honestly think the fight is a tossup.

I reckon Fury's previous cut will open up and the fight will be stopped.

I’ll vote for Tyson. Much more skilled and can still hit hard enough. He might not have the ultimate finishing power of Wilder, but that’s not always needed. Hopefully it will be a good fight and provide some entertainment.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    This had crossed my mind too. Let's hope that this doesn't happen and it is well enough healed.

I have been looking forward to this fight for months. Really hope Tyson can win (again).

Sounds like there is already an agreement for a third fight (but perhaps only if Tyson wins).

Perhaps the only question for Tyson to answer, can he yet again get up when he is hit by Wilder, which many see as inevitable!

Craftsman
    That is a concern of mine. Ive had a cut in the same place and whilst healed the tissue remained delicate for months after. However, it would have to get seriously bad to stop a fight of this magnitidue. IMO he should have been stopped against Wallin due to how bad it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    ....However on the over hand having already fought Fury, Wilder will know exactly whats he up against so may be able to time his shots better. 36 mins is a long time to avoid Wilder's right hand!

I’ve read similar comments elsewhere, but I’m not so sure.

Wilder was comprehensively outboxed by Luis Ortiz in their rematch, seemingly unable to adapt. Until of course the massive KO!!

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    I’ve read similar comments elsewhere, but I’m not so sure.

Wilder was comprehensively outboxed by Luis Ortiz in their rematch, seemingly unable to adapt. Until of course the massive KO!!
    That is the thing though, he always looks naff until you see the other guy with an oxygen mask on and Doctors all around them looking worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I’ll vote for Tyson. Much more skilled and can still hit hard enough. He might not have the ultimate finishing power of Wilder, but that’s not always needed. Hopefully it will be a good fight and provide some entertainment.
    I agree , Fury is the better boxer , he just needs to stay away from Wilders right hand .

Master
    Its a really hard one to call. I think it will be a repeat of last time in that Fury will be up on points but wilder will get a knockdown.... just depends if Fury can get back up again. I think he will and Fury will take it.

I'm going for Wilder. Fury is the self confessed best boxer out there but hasn't been exactly knocking out world-class opposition. Still goes on about the lineal champion, OK did well against Wlad but that's about it.

Craftsman
    Thought this fight breakdown was a good watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sodG...8#action=share

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paneraiseeker View Post
    I'm going for Wilder. Fury is the self confessed best boxer out there but hasn't been exactly knocking out world-class opposition. Still goes on about the lineal champion, OK did well against Wlad but that's about it.
    Wilder has literally never had a fight. Ortiz is the best on hus resume by far yet he is miles over the hill. His next best win is Dominic Breazale !

Fury, beat Wlad and also battered Chisora over their two fights.

Fury raises his game to the opposition, i think he will win comfortably.

Wilder is the biggest puncher in boxing - he literally only needs one shot and he's also waiting patiently for that opportunity. The last fight against Ortiz was a classic example. If he cannot find it, he has zero hope of winning. It was a farce that the last fight was scored a draw, but I expect Fury to control the fight to ensure Wilder barely scores round.

Master
    I've been following Fury on Instagram; doesn't seem to be taking this as seriously as I thought he would. I'm going with Wilder by round 6

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Wilder has literally never had a fight. Ortiz is the best on hus resume by far yet he is miles over the hill. His next best win is Dominic Breazale !

Fury, beat Wlad and also battered Chisora over their two fights.

Fury raises his game to the opposition, i think he will win comfortably.

Fury beat an over the hill Wlad, as I said did well. Chisora at the time was just a scrapper of a fighter, hardly world class, mind you better fighter now he has David Haye in is corner.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paneraiseeker View Post
    Fury beat an over the hill Wlad, as I said did well. Chisora at the time was just a scrapper of a fighter, hardly world class, mind you better fighter now he has David Haye in is corner.
    Over the hill ? Thats nonsense, he was fighting every 6 months at the time and come back and went life and death with Joshua two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Over the hill ? Thats nonsense, he was fighting every 6 months at the time and come back and went life and death with Joshua two years later.
    He had been over the hill for a few years. Only came alive when he fought AJ. looked a complete different fighter. A lot more agile than he had been for years as he knew it was retirement win, lose or draw.

That late Wilder 'knockdown' of Fury was actually a knockout. Fury totally lost consciousness, though very briefly, before jumping back up. I don't know what the boxing rules say about a situation like that: if a fighter is knocked unconscious, is it automatically ruled a 'knockout,' or is he still allowed a ten-count?

Do any of you know the answer authoritatively?

Regarding the upcoming fight...if I was Wilder coming off that first fight and now realizing I will never out-point Fury, I will not even try, but focus all my attention on boxing defense and setting up Tyson for "the big one." I would be looking for knockdowns EARLY.

This is a good point. The two cuts he got against Wallin (sp?) were nasty and it’s only been three months.

Having said that I don’t see Wilder having much success with his jab, although I suppose it only takes one shot. If Deontay connects with one of his bombs I think a cut will be the least of Tyson’s worries.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    That late Wilder 'knockdown' of Fury was actually a knockout. Fury totally lost consciousness, though very briefly, before jumping back up. I don't know what the boxing rules say about a situation like that: if a fighter is knocked unconscious, is it automatically ruled a 'knockout,' or is he still allowed a ten-count?

Do any of you know the answer authoritatively?

If you’re knocked down but can get up in the count then it’s not a KO. Regardless of whether you were knocked unconscious.

Of course the ref has the discretion to end the fight for a TKO if he thinks you’re not fit to continue.

Grand Master
    I'm thinking Fury for this one, last time out he was a bit rusty, but from the last one it gave Fury confidence and it more than likely gave Wilder some worry, yes Wilder is more than capable of putting Fury down if he hits him like he's done every other fighter, but Fury is a clever fighter with reach and height advantage (one of the few who does over Wilder!) who has the skills to change his style and stance to suit the fight, Wilder is a one trick pony, it's a very good trick, but there's fighters he needs to avoid, i think Fury is one of those, AJ would be an easier fight for Wilder.

*Do any of you know the answer authoritatively?
    *Yes. The rule is that if a fighter looks like losing in the first of a possible three extremely lucrative fights, then he may be given any assistance deemed necessary to ensure a draw, and therefore a second and hopefully third extremely lucrative contest.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Regarding the upcoming fight...if I was Wilder coming off that first fight and now realizing I will never out-point Fury, I will not even try, but focus all my attention on boxing defense and setting up Tyson for "the big one." I would be looking for knockdowns EARLY.
    That's essentially what he did in the second Ortiz fight. Reduced his punch output and lost every round whilst just waiting for the opening to throw his big right.

I just hope the fight lives up to the hype.

That's essentially what he did in the second Ortiz fight. Reduced his punch output and lost every round whilst just waiting for the opening to throw his big right. .....
    I honestly don’t think that was a deliberate tactic. He was just second best until he finally found the KO.

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    If you’re knocked down but can get up in the count then it’s not a KO. Regardless of whether you were knocked unconscious.

Of course the ref has the discretion to end the fight for a TKO if he thinks you’re not fit to continue.
    The ref couldn't have noticed lol, if they see the fighter is unconscious they immediately wave it off and call for medical assistance. That is what I thought happens anyway.

I'm going with Wilder because Fury has said several times he is going toe to toe with Wilder in the middle of the ring due to a recurring dream of Knocking out Wilder in the 2nd.

I think he will and then get KO'd in the process.

Fury is great, but i feel he has been distracted by other things like the WWE and his messiah complex which he seems to be developing. Wilder is taking the fight more seriously imo.
    Last edited by studly; 5th February 2020 at 05:52.

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post
    I'm going with Wilder because Fury has said several times he is going toe to toe with Wilder in the middle of the ring due to a recurring dream of Knocking out Wilder in the 2nd.

I think he will and then get KO'd in the process.

Fury is great, but i feel he has been distracted by other things like the WWE and his messiah complex which he seems to be developing. Wilder is taking the fight more seriously imo.
    Oftentimes these fighters (boxing and MMA) talk about one strategy just to throw their opponent off. Fury could be employing this tactic.

Master
    Oftentimes these fighters (boxing and MMA) talk about one strategy just to throw their opponent off. Fury could be employing this tactic.
    Completely agree. Really cannot see Fury going toe to toe with Wilder. He will carry out his usual boxing strategy. Having said that, he does have new trainers - so that is something else to throw into the mix!

Thought this fight breakdown was a good watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sodG...8#action=share
    I thought that was very interesting.
    Wilder has the perennial threat of the heavyweight division, a knockout from nowhere, and he has it more than anyone else. But there is no doubting that Fury is a much more technically able boxer.
    I hope it is good, but fear it won't be.
    And I really don't think anyone should believe a single syllable of what comes out of the camps before the fight - it is all mind games of one sort or another.