closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Guinand Pilot Officer

Master

Guinand Pilot Officer

I attended Watchtime Düsseldorf in October 2019. Sinn and Guinand were the show’s highlights for me.

I had heard Guinand’s name but didn’t know about their history or the Helmut Sinn connection. I particularly liked their Pilot Officer. Great size for my wrist, brilliantly finished, beautiful display back and overall just one of the few styles of watches that I am really drawn towards. Had a nice chat with their representative and wanted to buy the watch but didn’t pull the trigger on my return due to several reasons. I kept thinking about it though and finally decided to go for it just a few days ago.

Small company and apparently they only make a limited number of watches. The buying experience was very personal and different to what I am used to. All my correspondence was with the same person that I spoke to at the exhibition in Düsseldorf. I was informed they had one piece nearly ready and in the final stages of testing so it would be quicker than normal. I then placed my order and paid for it on their website. Once ready, it was shipped from Frankfurt by UPS and I received it the following day.

I looked at the pictures many times since being introduced to the watch. Still, I was really pleased upon receiving it, to find it just as beautiful as I remembered from when I last saw it in the flesh over 3 months ago. In the last 24 hours, it has gained 2 seconds. I can live with that!

My poor photography skills don’t do it justice unfortunately but it is a beauty. To my eyes anyway.

Master

Nice aluminium box too.

Very nice watch congratulations, I have a guinand too I visited they sales plant a few yers ago very pro and friendly people great experience!

Master
    I considered some of the Guinand chronographs before I eventually settled on a Moonwatch last year. Yours was one of the models that I was tempted by. Good choice on your part.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I considered some of the Guinand chronographs before I eventually settled on a Moonwatch last year.
    I like chronographs and am a Speedaster fan. I’ve had the 60th Anniversary LE & Apollo 11 50th Anniversary LE and currently own both Speedy Tuesday 1 & 2. Never had the standard Moonwatch but it is such a classic.

Nice one. I would put it on a nice tan crocodile strap to take it an extra notch above.
    What is the case diameter?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Nice one. I would put it on a nice tan crocodile strap to take it an extra notch above.
    What is the case diameter?
    I think croc strap was the default option but I liked this one more so specified this instead when ordering. Ordered a Cordovan as well.

Diameter is 37.5mm.

Craftsman
    Do you mind if I ask pricing?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    Do you mind if I ask pricing?
    Check out the web site. Lots of information and pictures of each model with prices.

Craftsman
    Thanks, would you say they are similar or higher quality than stowa?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    Thanks, would you say they are similar or higher quality than stowa?
    I haven’t owned a Stowa but handled quite a few at the same exhibition. They were very good but I felt Guinand’s offerings were of a higher quality. Not surprising as they are more expensive too I think.

as if by magic, im wearing mine today.
    i bought mine when it was still Herr Sinn and Horst making them at what at the time were Very reasonable prices. i think the pricing went a little too far when the brand was relaunched but they are still good watches.