closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to get a pressure test?

Master

Where to get a pressure test?

I've an omega po, 7 years old now, had it from new and worn daily, so crown is unscrewed 7 times a year for date adjustment and GMT/best, beyond that I've probably only unscrewed it half a dozen times to wind it. Note sure if that makes any difference but I'm wondering if I ought to get it pressure tested? If so, where to take it? And what's the cost roughly? I know there are plenty here that will say it's time for a service, and maybe soon....ish... But well it runs at +1.25 secs/day every day, day after day...so not keen to service our just yet.

Oh and I also have a 7 year old Steinhart Ocean one, that isn't running so accurately but it's not bad, about -15 or 20 secs ... Might get serviced sooner but again in thinking a pressure test first, same place for that?
    Thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    Do you wear it swimming or diving?
    If you want it done, then Duncan - the watch bloke - is your man.

Grand Master
    I assume you missed my recent post regarding failure of the glass seal on a 5 year old Steinhart ?

The white plastic hytrel gasket had become brittle and cracked. Steinhart were totally unhelpful, refused to supply new a replacement, so I had to modify a generic one to do the job. I can only test to 6 bar but that’s enough to confirm the replacement seal’s doing its job.......it ain’t rocket science.

Try Russell Talerman for the pressure test.

He could probably service both watches without too much fuss as well.

https://www.russelltalerman.com/

Master
    Blog Entries
    Brittle glass gaskets can be a headache, the watch might pass say 4bar or 6bar but fail as in split when diving at 8bar, a daft example but it does happen.

Master
    Dive no i don't, but watches are worn swimming, showering, washing the car and such.

If it is a test only, my local Timpsons guy is very obliging and always interested to see my latest purchase. Never charges (they get enough other business from me), and if the watch fails then it gets sent to off to one of the usual repairers from here or doesn't get dunked.

Master
    As your location state's London, try ALSAL Watches, 226 Strand.

Timpsons again
    Just check price in advance - or ask for a freebie if buying stuff from them