closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Accosted - a little tale.

Craftsman

Accosted - a little tale.

Just browsing the IWC collection through the window outside Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre and one of the “salesmen” promptly marched outside to greet me an enquire as to whether I would like to “come inside and try anything on ?”
    Taken aback as to his resourcefulness I couldn’t resist and pointed to the almost non existent Rolex display opposite and said sure can you open your safe for me to try a Rolex Stainless Steel ?
    This seemed to dispirit the poor fellow who turned on his heals muttering Oooooooh no and he returned to the sanctuary of his desk
    Jeez

Cool story bro.

Master
    I bet he thought "oh no he knows the secrets"

but in a way its nice of the fellow to come out and speak to a potential punter.

The amount of times I've been browsing and I see the sales folks inside just glaring at me to shoo me away.

accost
    /əˈkɒst/

verb
    past tense: accosted; past participle: accosted
    approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.
    "reporters accosted him in the street"

I think you have a different definition of accosted.

Damned when they ignore folk, damned when they try to earn their money, the stupid salesman should have known you were after a stainless steel Rolex as you browsed the IWC display. Good to see you cut him down to size though, he'll soon realise he has found his station in life.

Cool story though, one for the grandkids.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 1st February 2020 at 00:14.

I worked in retail for many years and it's a tough game. Especially when you have to deal with sanctimonious a***hole customers.

I've had this a few times, at two different watch shops, I assumed they did it a fair bit.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    accost
    /əˈkɒst/

verb
    past tense: accosted; past participle: accosted
    approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.
    "reporters accosted him in the street"

I think you have a different definition of accosted.

Damned when they ignore folk, damned when they try to earn their money, the stupid salesman should have known you were after a stainless steel Rolex as you browsed the IWC display. Good to see you cut him down to size though, he'll soon realise he has found his station in life.

Cool story though, one for the grandkids.
    He did march outside so could well have been acting boldly.

boldly
    /?b??ldli/

adverb
    in a confident and courageous way; showing a willingness to take risks.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I worked in retail for many years and it's a tough game. Especially when you have to deal with sanctimonious a***hole customers.
    Indeed. I would say the salesman was blinded by the wit shown. Amazing story.

On the same page we have someone else been treat like %%%# by a snooty AD.

The truth is there is &@“?& on both sides of the wire.

Craftsman
    I have always found the staff at that Goldsmiths very professional. Quite often one will pop out for a chat if I am browsing the window display. I have been asked, unprompted, “.... we have other Rolex models available, is there anything you would like in particular?” I haven’t purchased anything from them. Would definitely do so though.

Craftsman
    I bought my Black Bay GMT when browsing for a Christmas present for my wife, and was accosted outside by a salesman. I never got that Christmas present in the end...

Master
    If I ran a shop and my employees didn't do this I'd be an unhappy owner. Gotta be proactive.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Got to say this happens on a regular basis where I live when staring through AD windows.Found it a little bit pushy and don't like them trying to get me into the shop - if I wanted to go in and talk/see a watch I would.I don't need to be asked.Best thing to do is be polite and engage in the small talk.You never know when you will go in and leaving a negative impression will bite you - these folks have a long memory!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app

You da man!