closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLNR - 116710 or 126710?

BLNR - 116710 or 126710?

Seems like grey prices are softening, so perhaps the time for picking up one of these is nearing.... prices are quite similar actually, so it just comes down to preference...

Would you get the 126710 BLNR over the older one as it has the newer movement? - or would the jubilee push you to rather get the discontinued one?

I usually like having the latest models, so not that into vintage or pre-ceramic, so I am worried that if I get the older one now I will regret it in the future...

Opinions?

The jubilee is a selling point for me - I bloody love them. Newer movement makes it win/win.

Jubilee for me.

Master
    Having had both I can tell you the jubilee is tremendous and hands down the best the 116710 was way too bling for my taste

Journeyman
    Not sure our opinions matter, it's all about what you like. I very much dislike the jubilee (maybe I would say that having the older, legacy version) bracket, cannot get batman out of my head when I see one, it just looks wrong to me. But as I say, what does that matter if you like it, why care what others like me might think. Best rule of thumb is, if someone told you that, you simply could not have one of the versions, missing out on which one of those versions would upset you the most? Good luck with your decision and enjoy whichever one you go for

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Having had both I can tell you the jubilee is tremendous and hands down the best the 116710 was way too bling for my taste
    Interesting- I thought they were similarly blingy... so are you saying the jubilee makes it less blingy than the 116710 on oyster?

Prices are doing more than softening.

It might be advisable to sit on the sidelines a while longer and see where things go, there is a glut of these all over the place, grey and private right now. Two greys I am in regular conversation with have just knocked 1k off their pieces. They keep calling me too!

My preference visually and on the wrist is the Jubilee but long term the value may be in a mint 116710.

I am considering a 126710 BLNR but prices aren't soft enough yet on the grey market

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteenekamp View Post
    Interesting- I thought they were similarly blingy... so are you saying the jubilee makes it less blingy than the 116710 on oyster?
    Yes, you are correct they are both very blingy it’s just that the oyster really shouts about it and the fact you only have to look at the PCL and it will scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
    Not sure our opinions matter, it's all about what you like. I very much dislike the jubilee (maybe I would say that having the older, legacy version) bracket, cannot get batman out of my head when I see one, it just looks wrong to me. But as I say, what does that matter if you like it, why care what others like me might think. Best rule of thumb is, if someone told you that, you simply could not have one of the versions, missing out on which one of those versions would upset you the most? Good luck with your decision and enjoy whichever one you go for
    True....I do think the modern jubilee is quite a bit nicer than the old ones though.... and perhaps we have just been conditioned to think of a BLNR on oyster - and in a few years that will likely change as well?

Craftsman
    Yes, you are correct they are both very blingy it’s just that the oyster really shouts about it and the fact you only have to look at the PCL and it will scratch
    I always see this comment about pcl's and tbh. I havent found it to be the case. Admittedly the clasp can take a beating but the bracelet is really not that bad at all. OP, if you like the latest of the latest then get that or you simply wont be happy.

Master
    I have tried the jubilee one a couple of times and have to say they look better in the flesh than in pictures.
    Someone mentioned to me that the case is more streamlined at the lugs in the new model but wasn't sure if this was true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I always see this comment about pcl's and tbh. I havent found it to be the case. Admittedly the clasp can take a beating but the bracelet is really not that bad at all. OP, if you like the latest of the latest then get that or you simply wont be happy.
    Yeah, you are right - Deep down I’m favouring the 126710...

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I have tried the jubilee one a couple of times and have to say they look better in the flesh than in pictures.
    Someone mentioned to me that the case is more streamlined at the lugs in the new model but wasn't sure if this was true or not.
    I compared both today - the new one does seem to have slightly slimmer lugs, but it’s not a massive difference tbh

Master

BLNR - 116710 or 126710?

Batman over the batgirl for me, the jubilee belongs with the pepsi.

And I don’t think we will see a steel GMT on oyster for a long time.

Last edited by ac11111; 31st January 2020 at 20:33.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've not got a direct comparison but do own the BLNR on an oyster and a BLRO on the Jubilee.

Very different to wear but the oyster is streets ahead as an every day, casual watch.

Like Dave, I own the BLRO on jubilee and the BLNR on oyster. I find the oyster much more robust for active / daily wear, and imho the BLNR just looks wrong on the jubilee -as so obvious from the photos above. But, only you know what you like.

I have the 116710 BLNR and it's fabulous but I would swap it for the 126710 BLNR if it was my only GMTc. I am planning to add a Pepsi so a BLNR on oyster makes a better companion piece imo.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Batman over the batgirl for me, the jubilee belongs with the pepsi.

And I don’t think we will see a steel GMT on oyster for a long time.

Have to agree here batman on oyster , but Pepsi suits the jubilee better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I will have the DaytonaC in white, the SubC LV and then the BLNR - I am thinking the jubilee may be good as my others are all oyster - so it differentiates it a bit -and this would be my only GMT after I sold my Explorer 2 last week...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Have to agree here batman on oyster , but Pepsi suits the jubilee better imo

As mentioned already, that Jubilee just screams wrong! .......Well to me anyway.

The clasp on mu BLNR is scratched but, really don't mind too much. Its a lifetime keeper

Having had both (currently jubilee model), I think the jubilee model is much more bling than the Oyster.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Having had both (currently jubilee model), I think the jubilee model is much more bling than the Oyster.
    Yes certainly is. The way the light bounces off a jubilee is far more bling than the oyster.

To the original question, I prefer on Oyster without PCL!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback everyone - As you all pointed out, it’s all about personal preference and it’s best to get the one one really wants - So, I have decided to pull the trigger on the 126710BLNR!

It should arrive on Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The jubilee is a selling point for me - I bloody love them. Newer movement makes it win/win.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    To the original question, I prefer on Oyster without PCL!
    Did you brush the bracelet or is that a sub bracelet?

Congratulation, a great choice. You will be v happy I'm sure, the jubilee is a great match.
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone - As you all pointed out, it’s all about personal preference and it’s best to get the one one really wants - So, I have decided to pull the trigger on the 126710BLNR!

Master
    I think the best of all combos is 126710 and buy the oyster bracelet (better yet get the oyster + glidelock) and you have the best of all worlds. Probably £1.5k on top to get this bracelet from an AD with parts account.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Can't answer for the other chap obviously but I wear mine on the 93150 bracelet off my Sub LV as I prefer the brushed look to the pcl's whick I dislike. End links are a perfect fit.

I'm considering selling the sub, so I've been trying to work out what other Rolex oyster bracelets might fit the BLNR as I'll need to find one if the sub goes.

If anybody knows I'd be grateful for the info :)

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Can't answer for the other chap obviously but I wear mine on the 93150 bracelet off my Sub LV as I prefer the brushed look to the pcl's whick I dislike. End links are a perfect fit.

I'm considering selling the sub, so I've been trying to work out what other Rolex oyster bracelets might fit the BLNR as I'll need to find one if the sub goes.

I've put my sub bracelet on a few times. Fits perfectly just have to swap the spring bars. It's very annoying changing bracelets each time but I just don't want to go to St James with my sub on a nato to pay £1.5k for a spare.

Master

For bracelets with SELs I think the 97200 with glidelock is the best fit. I've read the 77200 (from the Exp 1) doesn't quite fit the GMT/Sub.

Master
    Never been a fan of the jubilee bracelet. The oyster to me is iconic, and would win hands down (would be nice to have the new movement though....!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    For bracelets with SELs I think the 97200 with glidelock is the best fit. I've read the 77200 (from the Exp 1) doesn't quite fit the GMT/Sub.
    Thanks, appreciated. Was kind of hoping a bracelet from one of the other non-sport Oyster models might fit, as it might have been cheaper to source??.

And I mis-quoted the ref from my own bracelet - it's the 93250

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That is the bracelet straight off the ceramic sub. As you say use the correct spring bars and fits fine.

As you also say an absolute pain to swap them so recently just sticking to wearing the sub. My BLNR oyster with the PCLs has been sitting unused since purchase. Think may even still have the stickers on!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master

BLNR - 116710 or 126710?

I personally think the PCLs look great, makes it different to the all brushed oyster.

Last edited by ac11111; 1st February 2020 at 16:56.

I prefer the Oyster bracelet.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Just get a subC bracelet and put it on the 126710 in you’re golden!

Journeyman

Top shopping,

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    The jubilee is the pulling factor for me.

A nice dilemma to have!!

Prices are very much softening with I believe much further to fall. Don’t get caught up in the hype...

Master
    Several times over the last few days I read about prices softening. Is this a correction on the grey market enthusiasm for premium, an increase in supply or a depression in demand?

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Several times over the last few days I read about prices softening. Is this a correction on the grey market enthusiasm for premium, an increase in supply or a depression in demand?
    Probably a mixture of both..there can be only so many idiots willing to pay double RRP these are unprecedented times.
    dealers are not prepared to be caught out in falling markets..and I speak as a collector of more the 40 years..

That does look really great.

Master
    Jubilee for me. Less shine through the central links due to the design and newer movement.

You can’t lose either way. I’d get the newer one for the movement

Prices definitely down a little in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    Prices are very much softening with I believe much further to fall. Don’t get caught up in the hype...

Update - I just received my new 126710BLNR on jubilee!

The jubilee is indeed surprisingly comfortable. Very happy with my choice!IMG_0089.JPG

Update - I just received my new 126710BLNR on jubilee!

The jubilee is indeed surprisingly comfortable. Very happy with my choice!IMG_0089.JPG
    The jubilee is a great bracelet I have been wearing one since 2002 and it never shows any age whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post

Lots of folk talking prices down- which I assume is indicative of Watchfinder slightly dropping their already extortionate prices.

Joe Bloggs walks into any Rolex AD in the UK
    and asks for a Batman- it simply ain’t happening.
    I’ve just been to several Rolex AD’s whilst in the Far East and not a single stainless sports Rolex available- subsequently prices ain’t gonna crash are they .....

No talking down just facts..
    6 months ago £15k for a BLNR now £11500 ish
    Green dial Daytona £45k Now £35k etc etc etc etc..