closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any resident watchmakers with a Tag Heuer UK account?

Master

Any resident watchmakers with a Tag Heuer UK account?

Seeing learningtofly's successful post. I'm also after some parts - but from Tag Heuer. Can anyone help order it for me?

Thanks in advance

Grand Master
    TAG will supply parts more freely than others, but it's to bona fide trade repairers only, and it's on the strict understanding that the parts are used for their own repair jobs band not to supply third parties.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    TAG will supply parts more freely than others, but it's to bona fide trade repairers only, and it's on the strict understanding that the parts are used for their own repair jobs band not to supply third parties.
    Yup - what I'm trying to do is order some chronograph hands and get them painted black. Tag themselves can take the watch in and install the white hands (they don't have black ones in their catalogue), but then I'll have to remove it, paint it, and install it back on again. They understand it would be better for me to find a authorised Tag watch repairer and try to get them ordered in without fitting.

Can you help?

You'd have to remove the old set and fit the new set no matter where you bought the hands from. If TAG fits a new white set for you the only difference would be you'd have to wait for the paint to dry on them before refitting. You say Tag will fit a new set for you so it seems you already have a solution to your problem!

Master
    Yup - I think most likely I will just keep the original hands. Silver hands on a white sub-dial is not the most legible but will see how it works. I can always paint them myself (fitting hands on a watch dial should be doable for me), and if I ever move the watch on - just get it serviced and returned to original state at Tag Heuer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    You'd have to remove the old set and fit the new set no matter where you bought the hands from. If TAG fits a new white set for you the only difference would be you'd have to wait for the paint to dry on them before refitting. You say Tag will fit a new set for you so it seems you already have a solution to your problem!
    Difference is new set are going to have to be fitted twice. Always scope for damage there.

Grand Master
    Brave man who would paint a hand whilst fitted to the watch. Unless you have experience of working on this scale its a recipe for disaster. I’ve been known to touch up white paint when its flaked as thegands are refitted, it can happen with old hands, but its not fun.

I have a lovely Zenith El Primero chronograph with a silver/ white dial, a super watch but I struggle to see the hands, I just accept it because the watch is so damned nice. No way would I start modifying the hands to make it more legible, frankly I think the OPs idea isn’t a good one. I’ve got the option if swapping the dial and handset for an alternative black design that’s easy to read but at £400 for the parts I won't bother.

Master
    No I won't be painting the hands while still attached to the dial. That indeed would be a recipe for disaster!

I have the tools to remove hands, but not sure if it's easy to remove the chrono hands. Anyways, I have a history here of modding expensive watches so if it all goes awry, it's not the end of the world and something Tag can rectify anyhow with a service.