closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: omega po service

omega po service

Hi guys,

friend of mine has sent his po off for service. Omega / AD have emailed back advising issues with winding mechanism and the hands are pitted (reckon contamination) I couldn't see any pitting but no probs service has come out at 480 which he has agreed to no probs.

What I wondered was omega reckon they dont send the old replaced parts back now. Have things changed? I have always had the old parts sent back when I get mine serviced...? Is this now the case?

Grand Master
    People are selling the old parts on ebay, in some cases claiming they're new. In some cases they replace parts that don`t really need replacing such as hands and crowns, often crowns can be reclaimed by fitting a new O ring but that's not the Omega way.

As Omega are hell-bent on preventing anyone getting hold of parts (even second hand stuff) I can see why they're not sending stuff back as they used to do. I don`t agree with people selling parts and claiming they're new, but I don`t see a problem if they're honest and they ask modest prices.

Blog Entries
    I’ve had parts back (for my X-33) when it was serviced (crown pushers, screws, gaskets) - but that was a while back and I didn’t go via an AD - sent direct to Omega. Not had much experience recently though.

Martyn

Blog Entries
    Had the parts back when my PO was serviced but it was over a year ago. Possibly they’ve changed their policy.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Had a Speedmaster Professional serviced last Jan. Got everything back. Didn't know what to do with it so just left it in the box.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Had a Speedmaster Professional serviced last Jan. Got everything back. Didn't know what to do with it so just left it in the box.
    Send ‘em to me if you don’t want them, the parts will still be servicable. Crowns can easily be sorted by fitting an o ring, pushers simply need the seals swapping, hands are re- usable if taken off carefully. They can also be re- lume to match older tritium if required.

I have a handset for a Seamaster Pro chronograph that someone sent me a few years back, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with them!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Send ‘em to me if you don’t want them, the parts will still be servicable. Crowns can easily be sorted by fitting an o ring, pushers simply need the seals swapping, hands are re- usable if taken off carefully. They can also be re- lume to match older tritium if required.

I have a handset for a Seamaster Pro chronograph that someone sent me a few years back, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with them!
    Sold it when I got it back and gave the parts to the buyer on here.

I've tried to replace faulty hour wheel in my Seamaster GMT (2534.50) - very common issue.

1. Omega stopped supplies for independent watchmakers -> parts are available only in authorised service

2. I've asked only for one part replacement (watch serviced 2 years ago) - they offered only full service, including replacement of the broken part

3. No parts are bring back after the service

They're trying to replace hands, crown, pushers at any occasion...

Master
    It doesn’t bother me if Omega don’t return parts that they consider need replacement.

As I am not skilled in watch repair, and therefore cannot refurbish them for future use, they are of no use to me.

I might have a different view if my watch was vintage and original parts affected the value.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 28th January 2020 at 17:34.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    It doesn’t bother me if Omega don’t return parts that they consider need replacement.

As I am not skilled in watch repair, and therefore cannot refurbish them for future use, they are of no use to me.

I might have a different view if my watch was vintage and original parts affected the value.
    For some reason best known to themselves, Omega replace perfectly serviceable handsets, He valve bodies, pushers and crowns. To me this makes little sense..........but what do I know?

Same applies to some of the movement parts, it adds nothing to the quality of the finished job, owner pays top whack and gets a small pack of parts which are of no use to him.

Very occasionally a seconds hand can pull apart whilst being removed, but with care this is a very rare event. A half-decent repairer will remove and refit hands without marking them, so in the majority of cases they don’t need replacing.

ok cheers for the feedback guys be getting mine serviced soon. tbh always found the old parts bag as part of the whole service experience. oh well!.

Master
    I have just collected by PO GMT from service, its been sat at my AD for the last month, just not managed to get to the AD. I forgot that it had 4 years warranty but never mind. I have a warranty card result, but no parts, not that I am fussed really.