closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silvermans - I am impressed!

Silvermans - I am impressed!

I have bought a number of watches from Silvermans over the years. From memory, 2 x CWC RN MK1 Divers, 2 x Military pocket watches and Im really not sure how many G10's. They are though as they keep a record of such things as I found out yesterday.

Anyway, the other week I had the opportunity of an as new MK1 quartz which I was very pleased about. However this did not come to pass for various reasons. However, as I was now in an RN frame of mind I girded my loins and decided to buy a new one. Now the only one that will do for me is a polished case and I knew that sometimes these can be in short supply. Much to my relief when I logged on to the Silvermans site I saw that they had them in stock. OK, as we all know, overpriced for what the are at £500 - but hey, when has this ever been a sensible pastime?

Having ordered it on Tuesday I received a call from Silvermans yesterday afternoon. They apologised profusely and said that they has no polished case ones in stock - asking whether I would like a matte one or one with matte top and polished sides. I said that what I was really set on a polished one and would wait until the had one in stock. They asked me to wait a whilst they had a quick discussion - and then said that being as I had bought a number of watches from them over the years they regarded me as a loyal customer and asked whether I would like a polished case Mk2 at no extra cost. I of course accepted!

It arrived today

So that's a discount of £180!

I really wasn't expecting something like this and to say that I am happy with Silvermans service would be an understatement!

Ian

Well done, result.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

That's excellent service.

They did a similar thing with me. I bought a new matte quartz MK1 but after a few weeks I noticed fluff under the glass. I sent it back to be sorted under warranty and when it returned there were new marks on the case. I sent it back again but they had no matte MK1s in stock.

I was going to get a refund when they asked me to hang on, came back and offered a new matte top, polished sides MKII with the sapphire crystal. I accepted of course but it did mean losing one of the last T dials.

Anyway, it got sold not long after and I'm back to a MK1 polished version. There's just something about them…

Old T dial

Old/new MK1 polished

Craftsman
    That is a good deal great looking watch as well

Journeyman

Silvermans - I am impressed!

Great to hear good customer service. And you tell everyone about it may get them a few more sales. One on my list

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    My quartz diver is with them for a warranty repair at the moment. The watch would stop when subject to vibration.
    There was no quibble at all over the repair, though the turn around time seems quite long. I've been quoted between 6 and 12 weeks.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’m wearing my Mk 1 now. They are a fantastic watch. I always thought they were overpriced but since picking one up I understand! Perfect size, great build quality and real heritage.

Craftsman
    I change my mind pretty much daily about if I want one of these or one of Eddie's Everest/Expeditions today it's a CWC day

Silvermans customer service has improved greatly in the last few years. There was a time (when it was military contracts only) where they were nearly impossible to get hold of and didn’t really care if you went in to the shop.
    This has changed and they are one of the most customer focused and accessible watch firms out there now.
    I love them and my collection of CWCs is growing.

Can someone remind me, the quartz movements are ETA?

ETA 955.122

Glad to hear this.

You deserve a bit of good karma.

For a moment I thought Silvermans might have started doing Crocs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Glad to hear this.

You deserve a bit of good karma.

For a moment I thought Silvermans might have started doing Crocs.
    Thank you kind sir!

Now, if they did NHS circa 1980 style Crocs...………

We can but dream

Master
    I’ve been wearing the 1983 quartz navy diver for several months now, replacing my Rolex Sea Dweller. There’s something so ‘right’ about the CWC diver. And the sheer convenience of quartz is pleasing, although I feel a bit disloyal ......

Following up on the point made by Sinnlover, I also remember the old days of "cool" responses to customer enquiries and that was when standing in front of the counter.

Glad to here the service has improved and loyal customers are recognised and rewarded.