closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Superb Moto 3 race and great to see Rossi on the podium.

Suzi looking good too.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

More on Iannone...

ICYMI (I had)...WADA will seek a 4 year ban for Iannone:

The World Anti-Doping Agency will attempt to have MotoGP rider Andrea Iannone’s drugs ban extended out to the maximum four years, it has been reported.

The Italian is currently serving an 18-months suspension from competition after testing positive for the banned steroid drostanolone during the Malaysian MotoGP event in November 2019.

It is a ban that would keep him out of action until July 2021, Aprilia MotoGP rider Iannone has protested his innocence, claiming he ingested the substance unknowingly through contaminated meat served at the hotel he was staying in...

I'm not sure what to make of this move by WADA and I note that the article says "it has been reported" and so it may amount to nothing.

Master
    MM has had another op to replace the plate in his arm.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...eration/336779

Might be wise for him to forget about this shorter and condensed season and focus on a proper recovery and a dominant 2021, but we all know he's not wired like that...
    Last edited by Dynam0humm; 4th August 2020 at 02:21.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    MM has had another op to replace the plate in his arm.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...eration/336779

Might be wise for him to forget about this shorter and condensed season and focus on a proper recovery and a dominant 2021, but we all know he's not wired like that...
    In this case imo Honda management should unplug that wire till after Styria. Yes that will scupper his championship chances but it will save his racing career. It is not like he is the sole Honda rider and if he is the only one with a chance on this Honda, then it is a good thing they will be forced to sort the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    In this case imo Honda management should unplug that wire till after Styria. Yes that will scupper his championship chances but it will save his racing career. It is not like he is the sole Honda rider and if he is the only one with a chance on this Honda, then it is a good thing they will be forced to sort the bike.
    Agreed
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

The Honda is hardly a bad bike. The nonsense that MM is the only rider capable of riding it is just that. Apart from a bad final year (2018) Dani finished no lower than 4th on it in the 10 previous years, with the exception of another bad injury year in 2016. Lorenzo would likely have got to grips with it eventually if he wasn’t smashed up badly before the racing season began.

All the bikes could be improved. That’s what continuous development is for.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The appeals were due to be heard soon, but now the hearing is set for 15 October...link:

...The Italian rider is therefore seeking to have the ban struck out, while WADA wants it extended to four years, and it is the latter which has been granted its request to have the appeal hearing delayed until October 15, reports Sky Sports Italy.

That timeline places Aprilia, which continues to back Iannone, in an awkward situation given the state of the rider market....

Crazy day of racing. Very pleased for Dovi. Rossi and co were very lucky not to be badly/fatally injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Crazy day of racing. Very pleased for Dovi. Rossi and co were very lucky not to be badly/fatally injured.
    +1

Very fortunate not to have more significant injuries in both M2 and MGP.

And they get to do it all again next weekend...

Edit Apparently Red Bull bring a CAT scanner to the track for the use of Clinica Mobile...and Franco Morbidelli got to try it out but is OK (link) with only minor injuries.
    Last edited by PickleB; 16th August 2020 at 16:15.

Master
    I’m waiting for Pol to blame everybody on the track for his accident🤪🤪

Master
    That was about 1/10th of a second from being a very dark day for motorcycle racing. Rossi's face in the garage afterwards said it all.

This is the onboard!

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

That was the second red flag of the day. Here's the first...www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBL37-iKVE.

That was the second red flag of the day. Here's the first...www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBL37-iKVE.
    Exciting?

Or unsafe?

I'd say unsafe, one of the italtrans bikes went down, another rider was unsighted and hit at speed, lucky all round, could have been much worse.

The Rossi one reminds me of a BSB crash a few years ago at Caldwell where the bike hit a curb and narrowly missed another rider on the way down

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Exciting?

Or unsafe?
    Certainly not exciting...that bit at least. Fortunately the cameras stayed away from the aftermath apart from those walking away. Then there was a long shot showing the medical crew in attendance...by which time the commentator had relayed that all involved were conscious. Only after that were other angles of the incident shown.

"Unsafe?" All motorcycle racing is 'unsafe' by certain standards. Motor racing carries a degree of risk. The fact that the air-bag suits managed to protect several riders today shows, IMO, that the risks are being managed as far a possible. In days gone by the results would probably have been far worse.

Why do you ask?

I think Rossi’s look of concern was more likely thinking about Morbidelli until they had the official news. But seeing a bike or two fly by in front of you would take your breath away

Why do you ask?
    Just a thought - no real issues per-se. The TT loses some every year, but some laud the differences between Moto GP and F1 in terms of 'excitement' and racing.

Circuit racing of any form should be the safest way to race but this just reminds that 'sh@t happens'.

The TT is still the pinnacle of motorcycle racing for me.

Craftsman
    That was about 1/10th of a second from being a very dark day for motorcycle racing. Rossi's face in the garage afterwards said it all.

OMG that is terrifying. Glad everyone was OK but that was really close.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    OMG that is terrifying. Glad everyone was OK but that was really close.
    Hodgeson quoted when the two touched they were nudging 200 mph !!

Amazing that nobody was badly hurt. Those Airbag suits must be worth their weight in gold.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Amazing that nobody was badly hurt. Those Airbag suits must be worth their weight in gold.
    The suits and a large dose of luck played their parts:

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I missed the Moto3 race on Sunday (got the timing wrong) and only just found and watched it online.

What a race...really close (contact) and constantly changing at the front, without any undue incidents. Track limits warnings and various penalties handed out, some after the finish. I'm looking forward to next weekend already.

Master
    Parp!

A good piece by Mat Oxley about the incident and the current state of the racing in general - Link

Parp!

...image...

A good piece by Mat Oxley about the incident and the current state of the racing in general - Link
    Mat Oxley says "Viñales actually ducked...", he certainly reacted but as that photo shows I think he sat up a bit and raised both arms protectively over his head (some home). Although he seems to be trying to keep his head down too. Looking for that photo led me to the article it comes from: Boris on the Red Bull Ring MotoGP. The journalism may be a bit more flamboyant than some other articles, but I found it worth a read.

Master
    Blog Entries

Nightmare,I wouldn’t blame Valentino if he decided enough is enough.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    ...video...

Nightmare,I wouldn’t blame Valentino if he decided enough is enough.
    Have a listen...Did Rossi question his future after the Austrian GP crash?

Meanwhile there is an Update from the FIM MotoGP Stewards...with their decision about the Franco Morbidelli / Johann Zarco incident to be published tomorrow Fri 21 Aug.

Link:

After the incident during the Austrian GP MotoGP™ race involving Johann Zarco (Esponsorama Racing) and Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) that brought out the Red Flag, the FIM MotoGP™ Stewards Panel held hearings on Thursday the 20th of August with both riders involved.

After evaluation it was determined that there was evidence of irresponsible riding from Johann Zarco, which has resulted in a penalty. The Frenchman will start his next MotoGP™ race from pitlane.

Plus he is still recovering from his operation and didn't ride in FP1.

Well that outcome was not un-expected.

Hopefully all the riders will stop the more dangerous overtaking moves (Marquez being the absolute worst I’ve seen in recent times), but still try and maintain a level of aggression and excitement.

It’s a strange year, but I’m still loving watching the action as much as ever :)
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 21st August 2020 at 19:11.

Link:

After the incident during the Austrian GP MotoGP™ race involving Johann Zarco (Esponsorama Racing) and Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) that brought out the Red Flag, the FIM MotoGP™ Stewards Panel held hearings on Thursday the 20th of August with both riders involved.

After evaluation it was determined that there was evidence of irresponsible riding from Johann Zarco, which has resulted in a penalty. The Frenchman will start his next MotoGP™ race from pitlane.

Plus he is still recovering from his operation and didn't ride in FP1.
    "Irresponsible" Zarco given pitlane start penalty:

...Zarco fractured the scaphoid of his right hand in last weekend’s crash and had surgery on Wednesday. He will sit out Friday, but plans to return to the circuit on Saturday.

A new barrier has been installed at Turn Three in an attempt to prevent a repeat of last weekend’s near-miss. Morbidelli and Zarco’s bikes slid off the track just after the Turn Two kink, but their momentum took them up the hill and back onto the circuit at the right-hand Turn Three, narrowly missing other riders.

If Zarco is unable to race this weekend, his penalty will apply at the following Grand Prix at Misano.

Update Zarco has just (Friday afternoon) been declared fit to race.
    Last edited by PickleB; 21st August 2020 at 16:14.

He may as well attempt to start the race then. As even if he is in too much pain to finish, he wound be penalised on a future race where he could compete. Of course he may well be healed enough to do well, and I hope that’s the case.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Marc Marquez will not reappear in the next two races, probably more he himself declared in an interview with spanish tv.

Marc Marquez will not reappear in the next two races, probably more he himself declared in an interview with spanish tv.
    I'd be very suprised to see him back within the next two months.
    Rumour has it he's banjaxed a nerve.
    Will require serious rehab if so.
    Be interesting to see how he copes on his return.
    Fantastic rider, I hope things go well for him.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I'd be very suprised to see him back within the next two months.
    Rumour has it he's banjaxed a nerve.
    Will require serious rehab if so.
    Be interesting to see how he copes on his return.
    Fantastic rider, I hope things go well for him.
    The reflexion by Serge Gibernau is that apart from the rehabilitation, this is the first time that MM has to deal with a réal setback. That it remains to be seen how he will cope.

Meanwhile the season is a cracker like we have not seen often before.
    KTM is simply jaw dropping; being at the front with thréé riders and what is happening with Yamaha too in the inverse way.

Looking forward to the Italian races.

Master
    The reflexion by Serge Gibernau is that apart from the rehabilitation, this is the first time that MM has to deal with a réal setback. That it remains to be seen how he will cope.

Meanwhile the season is a cracker like we have not seen often before.
    KTM is simply jaw dropping; being at the front with thréé riders and what is happening with Yamaha too in the inverse way.

Looking forward to the Italian races.
    Probably the most refreshing year of MotoGP for a while. Whilst I acknowledge MM is a truly gifted rider , his absence has made the rest of the field fizz with competition. I share with you the enjoyment of seeing KTM’s up at the front. The Suzuki also looks competitive

Steve

Master
    Blog Entries
    I watched the highlights last night.

brake failure,then jumping off the bike and it bursting into flames.

what a nightmare, I wonder if I would have had the nerve or even time to think about jumping,its making me sweat just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I watched the highlights last night.

brake failure,then jumping off the bike and it bursting into flames.

what a nightmare, I wonder if I would have had the nerve or even time to think about jumping,its making me sweat just thinking about it.
    Remembering Spa-Francorchamps:

...“I remember it vividly – the main thing was the daunting speed of the place,” says Parrish, who was riding a year-old ex-Sheene factory RG500. “I remember riding through that long right-hander through the village of Burneville, thinking, ‘Fuck me, if it goes wrong here… this is just lunacy’. That corner was like an enormous Gerrards [at Mallory] – well over 100mph [160kph], but with no run-off whatsoever. Then there was that nasty fourth-gear kink on the Masta straight. That was one of those hold-your-frigging-breath-and-get-through-it corners. I suppose the good thing was there wasn’t a lot of corners to remember because most of the lap was just pinned.”...

Cracking races in Misano today.

Really enjoyed today’s races!

Journeyman
    i was disappointed Vale didnt make the podium. same track next race! 2 home races on the trot for him. have another nibble son.

Forgive me if everyone knows this already but I've only just found that Quest are showing a combination of WSBk and BSB live on dplay today and tomorrow.

Forgive me if everyone knows this already but I've only just found that Quest are showing a combination of WSBk and BSB live on dplay today and tomorrow.
    Thanks, I didn’t know and am now watching WSB race one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Thanks, I didn’t know and am now watching WSB race one.
    Followed by World SuperSport with names like Andrea Locatelli, Philipp Öttl, Isaac Viñales and Can Öncü. Very entertaining...until the cloudburst in Barcelona. More to come tomorrow...

Followed by World SuperSport with names like Andrea Locatelli, Philipp Öttl, Isaac Viñales and Can Öncü. Very entertaining...until the cloudburst in Barcelona. More to come tomorrow...
    That was some downpour!

Master
    Lol at Dovi's leathers -

Cold, wet race in Le Mans...could be interesting.

Update And so it proved to be...black flags and all.
    Last edited by PickleB; 11th October 2020 at 12:58. Reason: correct spelling

Master

Thumbs up The Doctor has Covid

The Doctor confirmed the news via social media, saying: “Unfortunately, this morning I woke up and I was not feeling good. My bones were score and I had a slight fever, so I immediately called the doctor who tested me twice. The ‘quick PCR test’ result was negative, just like the test I underwent on Tuesday. But the second one, of which the result was sent to me at 16:00 this afternoon, was unfortunately positive.

“I am so disappointed that I will have to miss the race at Aragon. I’d like to be optimistic and confident, but I expect the second round in Aragon to be a ‘no go’ for me as well… I am sad and angry because I did my best to respect the protocol and although the test I had on Tuesday was negative, I self-isolated since my arrival from le Mans. Anyways, this is the way it is, and I can’t do anything to change the situation. I will now follow the medical advice, and I just hope I will be feeling well soon.”

Good Moto3 race today. Moto2...another one bites the dust? On to MotoGP...

Update A very interesting start and first 20 laps. Now...what part will tyre life play?
    Last edited by PickleB; 18th October 2020 at 14:17.

Moto2 and MotoGP championships both crazy-close this season! Good to see Marquez Jnr apparently starting to get to grips with the Honda and a Brit in overall contention in the intermediate class.