closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MotoGP 2020

Good racing today...sorry to see that Rossi had a mechanical on his return from Covid...looking forward to the final meeting.

Last race for today (http://www.redbull.com/int-en/live/r...lencia-1-day-2) is live now.

Great day of racing!
    It's just a matter of time...

Good day's racing indeed.

Suzukis have really come good this season. Suzuki is funnily enough the one major Japanese manufacturer that I've never owned (had Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki), although the Kevin Schwantz Lucky Strike Suzuki has a place in my mental map of what proper bike racing is all about. Good to see them thoroughly back in it!

Master
    Joan Mir what an intelligent compassionate young man..

When asked about the pressure of the championship, he replied that yes there was pressure, but it was his job. REAL pressure is trying to put food on the table when you’ve lost your job because of COVID. He shows genuine empathy and caring for others.

Master
    Andrea Iannone banned for four years.

What a waste. I was a big fan of him when he burst onto the scene as Crazy Joe, but went off him in his Maniac years when certain stories started emerging and he became happy to cruise around in 15th picking up the big bucks. Can't see him making a comeback when he'll be 35.

Ah well, at least he has his Instagram modelling career and fragrance empire to fall back on...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Joan Mir what an intelligent compassionate young man..

When asked about the pressure of the championship, he replied that yes there was pressure, but it was his job. REAL pressure is trying to put food on the table when you’ve lost your job because of COVID. He shows genuine empathy and caring for others.
    ..or trying to pay for the roof over the head he mentioned in the same sentence.

Impressive indeed.

Master
    Yes - immensely likeable. Am rooting for him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Andrea Iannone banned for four years.

What a waste. I was a big fan of him when he burst onto the scene as Crazy Joe, but went off him in his Maniac years when certain stories started emerging and he became happy to cruise around in 15th picking up the big bucks. Can't see him making a comeback when he'll be 35.

Ah well, at least he has his Instagram modelling career and fragrance empire to fall back on...
    The CAS Decision document is available online (page and pdf). What I found most interesting was the comment (at para 140) that the CAS Panel was "not particularly impressed by the finding of facts and merits analysis" of the FIM International Disciplinary Court (CDI) in their decision of the case that was the subject of the appeals from Iannone and WADA.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    What I found most interesting was the comment (at para 140) that the CAS Panel was "not particularly impressed by the finding of facts and merits analysis" of the FIM International Disciplinary Court (CDI) in their decision of the case that was the subject of the appeals from Iannone and WADA.
    That presumably means that they thought it was feeble of the FIM only to impose a two-year ban? - hence WADA's (successful) appeal that it should be four.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    That presumably means that they thought it was feeble of the FIM only to impose a two-year ban? - hence WADA's (successful) appeal that it should be four.
    That and a lack of effort and evidence from Iannone and his defence team.

Cal to replace Jorge as Yamaha's test rider.
    Few wild card rides, but that's mostly it.

Master
    And in other news, Dovi is taking a years sabbatical (racer speak for can't get a ride) and Cal has confirmed he's packed in the racing and taking up test rider duties with Yamaha.

It'll be a shame to see the grid without Dovi next year. He's inconsistent and some would argue not worthy of a full fat factory ride, but he's one of only two riders (the other being Lorenzo) who've taken the fight to M Marquez and succeeded.

As for Cal, can't blame him with the injuries he's suffered in the last few years. He gets to stay in the paddock and keep riding the best bikes in the world for a living, and if Vinales or Quattroformaggio get injured he'll be back out there banging elbows/collecting gravel again.

Master
    And in other news, Dovi is taking a years sabbatical (racer speak for can't get a ride)
    I believe Dovi was offered a ride with Aprilia.. but turned it down. (Can’t blame him)

Craftsman
    Will Suzuki do it this weekend... be amazing..and it coincides with their 100 year anniversary...
    Although, 12th and 14th on the grid won't help

Master
    I believe Dovi was offered a ride with Aprilia.. but turned it down. (Can’t blame him)
    It looks like Chas Davies might get that seat (since BT has a clause in its contract requiring a British rider in the premier class).

Would love to see Chas in Moto GP.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    It looks like Chas Davies might get that seat (since BT has a clause in its contract requiring a British rider in the premier class).
    Chaz is my current favourite rider, having met him in the car park at Oulton (he was a spectator like me that day) A total gent and so modest and unassuming..👍

But I wish he could get a better ride than the Aprilia🤔

Unlikely Chas would be given a better bike/opportunity, so it could be a great move.

Congratulations to Suzuki and Joan Mir - 20 years since their last title. Great last lap for today’s big race too :)

Good day's racing. I like Frankie Morbidelli, comes across well, and nice to see him come good in the latter half of the season when it was all about Fabio for the first half. And pleased for Suzuki.

I'd like to see Sam Lowes win Moto2. Very unfortunate to pick up an injury right at the wrong time.

Big question for next year: is Marquez Snr ever going to come back and if so, will any of these guys have anything for him?

As a long term Suzuki rider, I'm very happy for Mir & Suzuki.

Great end to the MotoGP race with Morbidelli & Miller.

Sam Lowes is an incredibly frustrating rider to follow. He's ridden really well this year on the whole - much calmer, but still makes daft mistakes. Binning it at Valencia the other weekend, when all he needed to do was bring it home will probably have cost him the Moto 2 Championship. He rode really well yesterday given the crash in practice, but will need a miracle in Portimao to stop Bastianini.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Yep, why did Lowes have to bin it out of second last weekend?!

Craftsman
    Ironically the Covids and Marquez going out made this one of the best and unpredictable seasons I think I've ever seen. Shame after watching for 20 odd years it will be my last.
    The video pass is usually cheaper (£100) if you renew year on year. As far as I can make out there is no discount for repeat subscribers and the greed has finally got to motogp. £170 for the season? As much as I love the racing in all classes that's just not on. Is it a wonder people are always looking for free ways to watch these things on dodgy boxes and sticks and the lose millions in revenue?

Master
    Agreed ^^^^ Way to expensive. I cancelled this year, and then at the penultimate race, it was €9.99. This allowed me to watch the last 2 races live and catch-up on the whole season. I’ll do the same next year..

Master
    Blog Entries
    I watched the highlights on a Tuesday it means leaving and avoiding any places that might reveal the result.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spud767 View Post
    Ironically the Covids and Marquez going out made this one of the best and unpredictable seasons I think I've ever seen. Shame after watching for 20 odd years it will be my last.
    The video pass is usually cheaper (£100) if you renew year on year. As far as I can make out there is no discount for repeat subscribers and the greed has finally got to motogp. £170 for the season? As much as I love the racing in all classes that's just not on. Is it a wonder people are always looking for free ways to watch these things on dodgy boxes and sticks and the lose millions in revenue?
    What if MM wasn't racing next year, would that change your mind? -

Marc Marquez undergoes a 3rd operation

8 hours on the table including a bone graft. I'm no doctor but that must raise some serious questions on his ability to recover in time.

Master
    8 hours on the table including a bone graft. I'm no doctor but that must raise some serious questions on his ability to recover in time.
    Indeed. Some analysis of the implications @

https://motomatters.com/news/2020/12...ry_to_fix.html

Master
    His arm after the motocross window opening accident -

Master
    Seems Chaz Davies is remaining in WSB on the Go Eleven Ducati...

So will there be a UK rider in the MOTO GP paddock? If so who?

Master
    Seems Chaz Davies is remaining in WSB on the Go Eleven Ducati...

So will there be a UK rider in the MOTO GP paddock? If so who?
    It's in the contract between BT Sport and Dorna that there's a Brit on the grid, and only seat currently unconfirmed is at Aprilia so that would suggest Bradley, but Aprilia are saying no decision will be made until after pre season testing and it's between Bradley and Savadori.

Craftsman
    What if MM wasn't racing next year, would that change your mind? -

Marc Marquez undergoes a 3rd operation

It wouldn't have done no because I couldn't justify the £180. That insures a few of my bikes to go out and ride. However good news, I contacted motogp explaining why I wanted to cancel and they came back with the 120 euro or £108 if I kept going. Bingo back in the racing.

Master
    Meanwhile, on Spanish TV...

Craftsman
    Shame about Lorenzo, probably a decent fella but his arrogance when he 1st started winning races was unbearable. Like any sport you've got to win the crowd and support, they even said it in Gladiator so it's not a new phenomenon (because clearly that was true).
    He tried to joke like Rossi and that wasn't happening, and all the "Lorenzo Land" flags cr4p portrayed him in the wrong light. Why didn't anyone say anything to him? Probably to far up his own ar5e to take notice. A great rider no doubt but atrocious PR.

Master
    I can’t agree.... I think Lorenzo’s personality came good as he got more mature. I particularly like the work he did with youngsters with learning difficulties.

Overall I think he’s a good guy👍