closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Crystal help

Apprentice

Crystal help

Morning everyone, new member checking in. After some help sourcing a new crystal for my new project. Bought myself a 1962 Smiths de luxe with the 1215 movement. Needs some TLC but is basically sound. Found online shop with a choice of three, does someone know what the code/reference would be? Would I be right in thinking I might need a crystal lifting tool too? TIA, Dave.

Hi and welcome. From experience don’t try fitting it without the right tool :).

I don’t know the code but http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com should help you find what you need - John Senior is very helpful.

Have you found your way to the Smiths forum on MWR? As a fellow Smiths novice I’ve found it invaluable.

Put a picture up when you have a moment.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Hi and welcome. From experience don’t try fitting it without the right tool :).

I don’t know the code but http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com should help you find what you need - John Senior is very helpful.

Have you found your way to the Smiths forum on MWR? As a fellow Smiths novice I’ve found it invaluable.

Put a picture up when you have a moment.
    Hi alfat. Thanks for the reply. That is the site I found last night. As you suggest, I'll get a message off to them tonight. I'll also buzz a picture on here. Ta.

Apprentice
    Evening alfat. Try as I might, I can't find the 'Picture and Album' link in my user settings to allow me to show images! I got the info from the FAQ pages so I'm sure I'm looking in the right place. I've sent John a message and look forward to moving my project along.