closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New Seiko Prospex King Turtle SRPE03,SRPEO5 & SRPE07

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That's a really good end price although part owing to their creativity. I haven't seen any alignment issues on the king turtles but I'd be too scared to order a Seiko diver from overseas due to alignment fears.
    It would still have not been a bad price if they had declared fully, very roughly around the £400 mark. Take your point regarding the alignment issue, I was lucky this time and would have accepted it at the price anyway.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I thought there would be an instant winner but this is really tough. Of course the green looks better in low light and not for me in bright natural light whereas the black is the complete opposite .

Black for me, the green looks a bit odd.

I thought there would be an instant winner but this is really tough. Of course the green looks better in low light and not for me in bright natural light whereas the black is the complete opposite .
    Tough decision!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Now I need to order a storm lighter from Amazon and learn how to get the bezel off then back on!

Craftsman
    One suggestion instead of the lighter. I’ve read that a soldering iron is a safer way to heat the cyclops with less risk to the rest of the crystal, gasket, etc

Now I need to order a storm lighter from Amazon and learn how to get the bezel off then back on!
    Sorry probably being dim, but why do you want the bezel off and on?
    New insert?

Anyway great looking watches and as you say very tough decision.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    One suggestion instead of the lighter. I’ve read that a soldering iron is a safer way to heat the cyclops with less risk to the rest of the crystal, gasket, etc
    Thank you for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Sorry probably being dim, but why do you want the bezel off and on?
    New insert?

Anyway great looking watches and as you say very tough decision.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    I read the way to remove the cyclops is to heat it but to remove the bezel so you don't accidentally damage it with the flame. The tip of a soldering iron probably negates removing the bezel though so better all round.

The twice I’ve done it (a pulsar and a seiko) it was shockingly quick and easy. Used a miniature blow torch and it took seconds

Looks great! Congrats. Think black the right choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has gained 6 seconds in two days, no idea of this is just chance or better regulation. But definitely an improvement on my non-king turtles.

Master
    Would like to try (and probably buy) one of these but as I work every day apart from Sunday I am struggling to find a retailer. Other than the Trafford or Metro centres can anyone recommend a dealer in the North who opens 7 days ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Would like to try (and probably buy) one of these but as I work every day apart from Sunday I am struggling to find a retailer. Other than the Trafford or Metro centres can anyone recommend a dealer in the North who opens 7 days ?

Goldsmith's. Order both, use the code WATCH20 for 20% off, then return the one you don't want. Next day shipping if ordered before 9pm but not sure if that's available on Sundays.

Master
    Yes, thanks for that, I have already noted your previous post and very useful heads up on the 20%.
    But I am an old fashioned type and prefer to support the traditional british shopkeeper when I can.

Master
    Rang my two local ADs last week, one had the black and blue in stock and the other could get one promptly and promised to call back. I never got a call and couldn’t get to the first by the time they closed (at half 4) on Sat. Managed to find an hour yesterday to get into town to find the shop in question closed for the day ! (Suppose I should have checked their opening hours).
    I keep hearing that things have never been as tough on the high street but I can’t help but thinking they aren’t helping themselves !
    Sat in the car and spent less than 5 minutes ordering one on my phone instead, used Wileeeey’s much appreciated heads up and Watch arrived less than 24 hours later with 20% off.
    Bracelet straight off and onto a Nato.

Master
    Attachment 18129Attachment 18130

Like the watch, noticably shinier with the ceramic and sapphire.
    Love the dial.
    Good value even before the discount and slots into my little collection nicely.
    Considering removing the cyclops, think this watch would be better without but if they are limited production and become sought after I might regret it.

Master
    Wearing mine tonight, anyone else bought one ?
    Still considering removing the cyclops but not sure how ?
    Any tips please ?

Soldering iron is meant to be a good bet and don't have to remove the bezel.

I bought along with a Sumo and returned both keeping only the Sumo. I might try the blue save the ocean one at some point instead.

Craftsman
    I've got the blue version and I love it.

I don't mind the Cyclops, but if I was going to remove it, I think I would try a hot knife.

I've seen people online use heat, but they always apply it directly to the watch. Seems much more sensible to apply it to the knife.