closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Nivada/ Croton, Chronomaster Aviator Sea-Diver’s on the forum?

Master
    Blog Entries

Any Nivada/ Croton, Chronomaster Aviator Sea-Diver’s on the forum?

A watch loved amongst the vintage community. I guess during the early sixties Nivada tried to cover all bases in one watch instead of going down the ROLEX route.
    Inside these wonderful wee watches they came with a number of different movements but I think the most sought are Valjoux variants with big arrow hour hand.

M

I've had one. Sold it too early looking at the prices that went up a lot since.

Nice watches, but correctly domed plexi and bezels are made of unobtanium.

I don't know which movement was in mine.
    Last edited by Bernard; 28th January 2020 at 04:44.

Great watches and I would love to get one soon!
    From my small amount of research I have seen the ones to buy are the earlier model ,dials marked chronograph . I think these also had the broad arrow hour hand and valjoux movement.
    I did see a rare one at the Dec watch fair in Uxbridge. It had a date complication with window at 12 ! I think these were the last ones manufactured before the watch was phased out

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    Great watches and I would love to get one soon!
    From my small amount of research I have seen the ones to buy are the earlier model ,dials marked chronograph . I think these also had the broad arrow hour hand and valjoux movement.
    I did see a rare one at the Dec watch fair in Uxbridge. It had a date complication with window at 12 ! I think these were the last ones manufactured before the watch was phased out
    I thought that the first series had the Venus 210 movement. Would these earliest models have Radium dials or Tritium?

I think there was a mix of movements from the few early ones I have seen .
    It may have been what ever Nivada had in stock at the time , so if they had no valjoux but had Chronograph dials these would have been assembled with Venus movements .
    There is a good book ,which I have nt read which may tell us more , but I think there was no definitive or proof as Nivada have no records/ extract . So this is only my guess from what I have seen for sale , forum posts ECT.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great watches and seem to have a lot of interest in vintage collector circles, enjoy.

http://www.invenitetfecit.com/modele...master_en.html

And some further information from the Omega forum. Hope this is ok with forum rules? If not please delete.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/vint...r.64867/page-2

Cheers,
    M