closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor warranty advice

Tudor warranty advice

Can someone clear up something for me please.

What warranty would a Tudor Pelagos bought on 23rd December 2019 come with?

I know one bought after 01/01/20 would get 5 year warranty. One bought between 01/07/18 and 17/12/19 would get 18month extension meaning a 3.5 year warranty. Its the watch bought at Christmas time 2019 which I can't find the rules for.

Thanks in advance

You get 2 years plus the extra 18 months.

Tudor warranty advice

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    You get 2 years plus the extra 18 months.
    Thanks for that - that's what I was thinking too, having looked at the press releases.

But it was the missing week over Christmas which was confusing me - especially as on the warranty card, the jeweller wrote '5 years.' I'm just not sure how much that will 'hold up' should I need to use the warranty down the line

Last edited by Falcata; 26th January 2020 at 12:34.

I would thank Beaverbrooks for extending your warranty and get them to confirm it in writing

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I would thank Beaverbrooks for extending your warranty and get them to confirm it in writing
    I've just had an email back from Beaverbrooks confirming the 5 year warranty, effective from 23/12/19. Sorted ..

Thanks for your suggestion - I'll keep the email saved should I need it.

From my understanding you just got the extended 18m on the 2yrs. I did notice my warranty card was sent completed with my name or date of ourchase. In my inexperience of buying new (my 1st watch from WoS) only had their name printed. I do remember speaking to the store once I realised & they said it’s nothing to worry about and I can fill it in. Should I go back & have them update or am I worrying about nothing? Was purchased in July.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    From my understanding you just got the extended 18m on the 2yrs. I did notice my warranty card was sent completed with my name or date of ourchase. In my inexperience of buying new (my 1st watch from WoS) only had their name printed. I do remember speaking to the store once I realised & they said it’s nothing to worry about and I can fill it in. Should I go back & have them update or am I worrying about nothing? Was purchased in July.

As you can see above - I got the 5 years warranty, on the warranty card and also backed up this afternoon by Beaverbrooks email. Good result I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcata View Post
    As you can see above - I got the 5 years warranty, on the warranty card and also backed up this afternoon by Beaverbrooks email. Good result I think.
    Thanks yes, sorry forgot to say result!

Not at work today so doing this from ageing memory!
    We received an email from Tudor around 17th December announcing change to 5 years as of then. This is through all Tudor ad’s and not Beaverbrooks being nice!
    This slightly fuzzier but I think the 18 month extension is on watches purchased between 1st July 2019 and 17th December.
    Either way the 5 year warranty brings Tudor in line with Rolex and will be another incentive to buy one of these fantastic watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Not at work today so doing this from ageing memory!
    We received an email from Tudor around 17th December announcing change to 5 years as of then. This is through all Tudor ad’s and not Beaverbrooks being nice!
    This slightly fuzzier but I think the 18 month extension is on watches purchased between 1st July 2019 and 17th December.
    Either way the 5 year warranty brings Tudor in line with Rolex and will be another incentive to buy one of these fantastic watches.
    Thanks for clarification

I bought a Black Bay on the 23/12/19 and was told 5 years warranty had been in force for a couple of days. Which was nice, as is the extra for other recent purchases.

All very good and almost unnervingly pleasant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    I bought a Black Bay on the 23/12/19 and was told 5 years warranty had been in force for a couple of days. Which was nice, as is the extra for other recent purchases.

All very good and almost unnervingly pleasant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes Nick - a nice Christmas present, the warranty :)

Master
    Quote from the website link above :-

TUDOR watches purchased from 1st July 2018 to 17th December 2019 will receive an 18-month guarantee extension from 2 years to 3 ½ years.

And TUDOR watches purchased before 1st July 2018 will retain the 2 year guarantee.