closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Assistance please with TAG battery change

Assistance please with TAG battery change

I’ve had this TAG for over 15 years and it gets worn to the gym and when I’m hiking.

Battery has gone. TAG want to service it for £££, and it doesn’t warrant it. One of the “Watch repair booths” in the Arndale want £75 and I never like the look of those places

Anyone on here capable/willing to assist. I’m willing to pay a reasonable fee/postage etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Hi

Try Genesis Watches - he is also a member on here. Has done my wife’s TAG a couple of times and great service. It’ll also come back with new seals, clean etc.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Hi

Try Genesis Watches - he is also a member on here. Has done my wife’s TAG a couple of times and great service. It’ll also come back with new seals, clean etc.

Cheers
    Thanks but I recall him not doing quartz / TaG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Assistance please with TAG battery change

Don’t you fancy having a go yourself? I’ve just done a Tag Chronograph with the most basic tool kit. It’s really easy. I even reset all the hands back to zero after a quick google. Battery cost me around £1.50 off Amazon, silicone grease about £3.00. Honestly it’s so easy.

This one I did...

Please feel free to ask any questions
    Last edited by oiljam; 26th January 2020 at 11:16.

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Don’’’t you fancy having a go yourself? I’ve just done a Tag Chronograph with the most basic tool kit. It’s really easy. I even reset all the hands back to zero after a quick google. Battery cost me around £1.50 off Amazon, silicone grease about £3.00. Honestly it’s so easy.

This one I did...

Please feel free to ask any questions
    Haha. You don’t know me.
    My efforts at DIY - visit B&Q, get wrong kit so go back to B&Q, botch job, swear, make it worse .... ring a man who knows what he’s doing.

So now we just ring the man who knows !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Thanks but I recall him not doing quartz / TaG

Not true. My wife’s watch is a TAG and quartz. Movement servicing may be different but battery change and seal is no problem for him if you don’t want to do it yourself.

If you're happy to post the watch then there are a number of independents on here who could help.

Duncan (the watch bloke) will sort it with new seals, battery and pressure test for not very much.

Master
    How about walkerwek1958? Not sure if he’s taking work in at the minute but I recommend him. Might be worth a PM

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Hi

Cheers
    Did my TAG, super service.

As an aside, you've done tremendously well to get 15 years out of a watch battery

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    How about walkerwek1958? Not sure if he’s taking work in at the minute but I recommend him. Might be worth a PM
    I`ll help with this one, should be a quickie unless it needs servicing, which is quite possible after 15years.

Officially I`m taking no jobs on for the next several months owing to other commitments/activities (house move-related). I`m also having minor knee surgery next week, hopefully it won't set me back too much, and if it's successful I`ll start running again.

£5 at The Old Watch Shop in Southport, but you'll have to make an appointment.

I know, blatant profiteering.

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post
    £5 at The Old Watch Shop in Southport, but you'll have to make an appointment.

I know, blatant profiteering.

;-)
    Kind offer and dangerous as that could entice me to look at your stock !!! Paul Walker has kindly offered to assist