closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage omega service advice.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Vintage omega service advice.

I have a 70's push button de ville that needs a service/refurb, would it be best to send straight to the service centre for a quote or pop it into an AD?

mike

Why not try a indie ? Omega will be very expensive and they will probably rip the originality from it !. This maybe what you want or the watch needs , only you will know whats best. 70s push button ? Do you know the reference ? be interesting to see .

There are watchmakers on here that can probably handle that, if its a hummer or early Quartz Electric watches are recommended .

Master
    Simon Freese, Genesis, Watchguy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    An Indy isn't really an option due to the scarceness of movement and case parts ( cal 1365 movement) so thought back to omega would be best option.

I can see where your coming from being a uncommon ref but does it 100 % need new parts ? Is the watch not working, timekeeping ok , making funny noises. I know mainsprings can be purchased in all sizes from Cousins and wont be much different to what Omega will supply oe spec at least . If you specify exactly what you want and dont want I think Omega will listen, but you see posts from other forums where everything comes back with refinished dials , Service hands ect . If it was my watch I would want to keep it a nice original example even if a little patina .

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    An Indy isn't really an option due to the scarceness of movement and case parts ( cal 1365 movement) so thought back to omega would be best option.

That’s about right Mike, servicing these is a totally different ball game to sorting mechanicals out. Early quartz movements can present problems, an Omega accredited indy such as Duncan Potter ( Genesis) may be able to access the parts these sometimes need but if not it’ll have to go to Omega.