closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC Aquatimer IW356806

Craftsman

IWC Aquatimer IW356806

anyone on here own one? reviews and wrist shots would be most welcome.

Craftsman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've had a white dialled one and still own the yellow / black version.
    I love it. Nice and casual. I were it almost exclusively on rubber these days, found the bracelet a little heavy.
    I have had it almost 10 years now and still enjoy wearing it. I much prefer it to the newer ones.
    The only downside is the strap system meaning you're limited to IWC (which are bottom looseningly expensive).

Craftsman
    cheers, I know I need to find one to try on, but does it wear big? I wear an IWB Pilot Chrono, which fits me very nicely, so I am assuming the Aquatimer will be similar in size?

I used to have the yellow/black version. I liked it especially on the bracelet. Only real downside to it was the complete lack of microadjustment. Still, with half-links I was able to size it to a decent length. The watch itself wears small for 44mm IMO. The stubby lugs drop down and for me the fit was great, top three of any watch I’ve ever tried. It’s the only watch I regret selling.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    cheers, I know I need to find one to try on, but does it wear big? I wear an IWB Pilot Chrono, which fits me very nicely, so I am assuming the Aquatimer will be similar in size?
    If you can get yourself to Hillingdon, you can try on mine?
    If got the rubber and bracelet too so it'll give you a choice.

Craftsman
    cheers, but I think I will be asking Watchfinder to get one to the Royal Exchange for me to try on.

Craftsman
    Here is a pic of mine on my 7 inch wrist. Have also added a pic of my Seamaster for comparison. Despite the larger size of the IWC it doesn’t wear that much larger than the Omega. I’ve had mine less than a year and it is my main weekend watch. Incredibly comfortable on the rubber strap and doesn’t feel top heavy. I’m too far away for you to try mine but think you will like this model once you try it on.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    Here is a pic of mine on my 7 inch wrist. Have also added a pic of my Seamaster for comparison. Despite the larger size of the IWC it doesn’t wear that much larger than the Omega. I’ve had mine less than a year and it is my main weekend watch. Incredibly comfortable on the rubber strap and doesn’t feel top heavy. I’m too far away for you to try mine but think you will like this model once you try it on.

Nice. Thanks for the pics.
    The choice has widened a little. The black and yellow one looks very nice, but my favourite one is the all Blue one. Can’t find any on the used market though.

Craftsman

IWC Aquatimer IW356806

I’ve also noticed that on the white dial versions, some models have steel around the buttons, but others are black, I much prefer the black.