closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: News to me- no dial swaps allowed on stainless steel (116520) Daytona anymore

News to me- no dial swaps allowed on stainless steel (116520) Daytona anymore

As per title, my 2008 black dial stainless steel Daytona is due a service and as I have no hope of getting a newer ceramic Daytona any time soon i thought I’d enquire with Rolex kings hill as to how much a white dial would be on top of the service. No such luck. “Company policy” has been to stop dial changes on all stainless steel Daytona’s, not just the newer ceramic versions”.. A shame as I was quite looking forward to a new take on the watch!

Maybe designed to stop people making money. Usually white dials fetch more, so if they have noticed a trend of people bringing in Black dials to swop they might have got wise and put a stop to it.

Grand Master
    Rolex need to remind themselves who actually owns the watches. Provided the option was offered from new there’s no reason whythe owner shouldn’t swap. Another example of the arrogant Swiss......don’t you just love ‘em.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Maybe designed to stop people making money. Usually white dials fetch more, so if they have noticed a trend of people bringing in Black dials to swop they might have got wise and put a stop to it.
    I understand that with the Zenith and the newer Ceramic Daytona white dials as, they look much better than their black counter parts but the white 116520’s with silver sub dial rings are not so nice. Black for me all the way with a 116520 Daytona.

M

Master
    If true its only a UK thing, I can still order white/black dials for daytona, no problems. Only the ceramic that's locked, but you can get that swapped if you send your watch to Geneva, but you have to give up your old dial.

Master
    France, no such issues they will swap anything except for the ceramic daytona.