closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Last of Us Part 2 - Spoiler Free

The Last of Us Part 2 - Spoiler Free

Please keep this spoiler free. Rarely, if ever, do I publicly share my admiration for a video game, however...

Yesterday, I took my first day of annual leave this year and picked up a copy of this game. I am now 15+ hours of gameplay in and I cannot stop!

This has to be the greatest game on the PS4! And I say this having played the many other brilliant games like God of War, Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn. Sure I am yet to finish The Last of Us, but so far I cannot make one single tiny complaint.

The story, the atmosphere, the gameplay mechanics, character modelling, everything is just perfect.

If anyone on here owns a PS4 and hasn't bought this yet, get it, get it now.

It’s on my list for next purchase. Still got RDR2, Mark of the Ninja and Last of us 1 to finish first though. It got 95 on metacritic, which is pretty damn amazing. It looks absolutely fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will wait for price drops. nothing more annoying that paying RRP only to see it £15 off a few weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    will wait for price drops. nothing more annoying that paying RRP only to see it £15 off a few weeks later.
    Exactly my thoughts. Never buy a game full price these days

Craftsman
    I got the first one bundled with my PS4 when I bought it. Really did enjoy but never thought they would be able to carry off a sequel. Thanks for sharing and will grab a copy when the price drops. Look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Never buy a game full price these days

Me too. I'm going to play through the first one again before I get the sequal. By the time I'm done TLOU2 is sure to have dropped in price. Love the first game and looking forward to the second.

Is it better to play the first game first or can you launch straight into the second one?

I'm playing it. Don't tend to play games much these days but remembered enjoying the first one so picked this up. I've had a couple of issues with the camera angles where the character looks at the ground and it was difficult to rectify it. Apart from that it's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Is it better to play the first game first or can you launch straight into the second one?
    Play the first game, it's a classic. Plus you'll get to know the characters and the storyline, which continues in part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Play the first game, it's a classic. Plus you'll get to know the characters and the storyline, which continues in part 2.
    This. The first is a joy and available cheap. Get the remasteted version!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    This. The first is a joy and available cheap. Get the remasteted version!
    That’s what I’m playing. Unbelievable for a game from 2013. Even remastered!

I've had a couple of issues with the camera angles where the character looks at the ground and it was difficult to rectify it. Apart from that it's very good.
    Maybe she’s depressed because of the zombie apocalypse!

Ta, I'll look into it

I'll be honest, I was going to replay TLOU during the lockdown in readiness for the launch of 2 but I couldn't bring myself to do it due to the slight parallels with the real world and I didn't want to freak myself out. We were in unchartered (another great game franchise) waters back in late March and the full extent of the pandemic was unknown. I don't mind admitting that I was very worried about how things were going so I was doing everything I could to stay positive. I got all over Wipeout 2049 instead.

Maybe she’s depressed because of the zombie apocalypse!

There was no time for depression, was being attacked by runners at the time!

Craftsman
    It’s on my list for next purchase. Still got RDR2, Mark of the Ninja and Last of us 1 to finish first though. It got 95 on metacritic, which is pretty damn amazing. It looks absolutely fantastic!

Finish 1 ASAP,scrap the others till later and get on 2. Surely this must be the last great PS4 game ever. Frankly surprised this didn’t get written for ps5 but I guess they were too far in to change.

I think it will be released on 5, or so I heard. There is also Ghost of Tsushima to come yet, and the Avengers in September.

I won’t be getting PS5 until it has its first price drop probably, as I need a 4k tv as well. I’ve just bought Nioh and Horizon Zero Dawn in the PSN sale today too!

Craftsman
    Let us now what you think of the game, I've only heard rumours and leaks so far. I'll be inetrested to hear what you think once finished.

Craftsman
    This forum is dangerous for my wealth! First it was watch purchases and now you're tempting me to get back into gaming. It's come a long way since I used to play the text only version of Leisure Suit Larry on an early PC, then MS Flight Simulator (which got me into flying in a big way such that it's now my job), next was Tomb Raider & Myst. My first (PS2) purchase was to play WRC.

It's been a while but I see Amazon have a PS4 bundle with 3 games inc TLOS "remastered" for £254.99.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I don't quite buy into this stance. Partly because triple A games don't tend to drop in price much nowadays. Look at Sekiro, it is still £50 new. This is after it was launched in March 2019.

Additionally, the story is much a part of this game as any other feature. I don't want it spoiled by venturing online.

With over 20 hours over game play already sunk into this, your can't deny the value for money this represents.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Absolutely, the story is a major element of the game.

I'm playing it. Don't tend to play games much these days but remembered enjoying the first one so picked this up. I've had a couple of issues with the camera angles where the character looks at the ground and it was difficult to rectify it. Apart from that it's very good.
    I've not had this issue. Perhaps you're just rubbish at games!

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    Let us now what you think of the game, I've only heard rumours and leaks so far. I'll be inetrested to hear what you think once finished.
    These leaks are one of the reasons I want to play it now. I'm gutted I didn't take Monday off to finish the game. I thought 3 days was going to be long enough, the wife and dogs are feeling very neglected!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I don't quite buy into this stance. Partly because triple A games don't tend to drop in price much nowadays. Look at Sekiro, it is still £50 new. This is after it was launched in March 2019.
    I paid 39 for Sekiro on PSN in a sale, 30 for RDR2 Ultimate addition. Just picked up Nioh for 10 quid or something, reduced from 45.

If you keep an eye out and shop around, you can get all games cheaper after a few months.

Just makes no sense to me paying full price these days. I remember when you paid 40 for a brand new console game. 65 is too much IMO, for any game.

No Multiplayer

I read as well that there is no Multiplayer with TLOU 2 ! the Factions online multiplayer was excellent on PT1 and the main reason i played it
    But Naughty Dog have said they are big fans of the Factions multiplayer and will have some big news about it in the future, so could have its own spin off ??

Cheers

I paid 39 for Sekiro on PSN in a sale, 30 for RDR2 Ultimate addition. Just picked up Nioh for 10 quid or something, reduced from 45.

If you keep an eye out and shop around, you can get all games cheaper after a few months.

Just makes no sense to me paying full price these days. I remember when you paid 40 for a brand new console game. 65 is too much IMO, for any game.

I agree £65 is too much, albeit in the case of the TLOU part II I'd say the developers have earned it! Yes, games are cheaper after a few months, but they drop in price much less than use to, and rarely is a game more than £50-£55 upon release, unless you buy a special edition. I pay more if it includes the DLC season pass.

I also give consideration to the online community. Nioh and Dark Souls have such strong online elements to their game play, I like to ensure I'm playing a game at a time the online community is thriving.

Buying new/at release and completing the game soon also provides the best secondary market value.

With all things considered, I doubt we actually pay much different to one another in the end. I have noticed there is far less competition now, the only places to really buy brand new games are Game or Amazon. The supermarkets still stock the odd new title, but they're no longer a cheaper alternative.

I would love to make the switch to digital only. But I can't justify paying the same price as a physical copy, knowing I can move the disc on and recoup some of the cost.

Craftsman
    I'm 42 and have never been so excited about a game arriving on Friday since my Japanese import of Street Fighter 2 turned up for my SNES!

Managed to clock a few hours in between other things and it is beautiful. going to take a while to get through for me but I'm not a gamer so can easily avoid spoilers as long my two brothers on furlough keep their traps shut!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I've not had this issue. Perhaps you're just rubbish at games!
    You are quite possibly right there! It was whilst playing as a particular character which I won’t divulge so not to spoil it for others.

You are quite possibly right there! It was whilst playing as a particular character which I won’t divulge so not to spoil it for others.

I know the bit you mean. Quite a terrifying sequence!

Craftsman
    Going to replay the first one again before getting this. Without spoilers anyone know why it's getting a slagging off on Metacritic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Going to replay the first one again before getting this. Without spoilers anyone know why it's getting a slagging off on Metacritic ?
    Slagging off? It scored 95!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markw View Post
    Here you go, 2 articles on the current backlash.. Been warned they are not SPOILER free. They do not SPOIL the entire story, but certainly hint at some early plot points...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#44421a776185

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#fbb4a9d5c253

Considering I have been playing solid for 3+ days since release, and not yet completed it, I don't know how some users have given a fair review of the game within hours of it's release.