closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Submariner - Waiting list question

Craftsman

Rolex Submariner - Waiting list question

Hello,

My father has just passed away, he was on the waiting list for a Rolex Submariner as he wanted one for quite a while, but was going back and forth in his mind if he wanted to join the waiting list or not. In the end, he did join it (about 6 months ago) but passed away last month so never got to enjoy it.

My question is, I would like to still buy the watch, as a memory of my father. Should I tell the Rolex AD that my father has passed away and ask if I can take his place on the list? Or wait until the watch is ready?

Craftsman
    Sorry for your loss, yes you should and I don't see it being an issue. Keep us updated on the outcome.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss
    I would wait, discuss the issue with the AD when the watch arrives.

Very sorry to hear that.

Incredibly sad to hear that Rolex were unable to supply his dream watch he wanted.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would imagine the AD will oblige and hopefully the watch acts as a lovely reminder of your father every time you look at it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    That's terrible, sorry to hear of your loss. I'd be contacting the AD and explaining the circumstances, i'd wager a bet they'll bump you up the queue, and it'll be a very touching moment when you get that Sub which no doubt you will keep forever as a memory. Wish you luck, and keep us posted.

Sorry to hear about your Father.

I think you should tell the AD about what has happened and if they have any decency at all hopefully you will get the watch quite quickly.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    You should definitely contact the AD.

Craftsman
    This is a bit like an issue my mate had. Amongst other watches, he has his dad's '70s Explorer 2, which he inherited when his dad died in an accident many years ago (I think my mate was three at the time). For a while (and with good reasons I won't bore you all with here), my mate believed the watch had been stolen and decided to replace it with a modern Explorer 2 as a tribute to his dad. He explained the circumstances to an AD and they found one for him within the week, so they are definitely willing to show some compassion now and then. I'm aware the Explorer 2 doesn't have the same level of demand as the Sub, but with any luck the AD would be able to use a bit of sense and give you his position on the list.

Craftsman
    Thank you all for your kind words of condolences, it was very sudden and it's taken a while to come to terms with. He passed his love of watches too me, but only recently when he gave me a Speedmaster for my birthday.

I will speak to the AD, it's the Liverpool AD if anyone has had any experiences with them. It will be a keeper and it will remind me of my father every time I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words of condolences, it was very sudden and it's taken a while to come to terms with. He passed his love of watches too me, but only recently when he gave me a Speedmaster for my birthday.

I will speak to the AD, it's the Liverpool AD if anyone has had any experiences with them. It will be a keeper and it will remind me of my father every time I look at it.
    So sorry to hear this.
    As others have said, I’d get in touch with the AD.

Condolences.
    I think it’s a great idea to get the watch to remember him by, probably worth you going into the AD to discuss face to face too.
    Dan

Craftsman
    I dread the day my father passes away-condolences and I think it would be a fitting touch to take the delivery of the watch. I wouldn't mind being bumped down the list for someone in that way certainly,

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post

If it is DM Robinson you are dealing with then I am sure they will do their best to help you out . Good luck and my condolences for the loss of your father.

Sorry for your loss. It wi be a special thing to buy that watch and think of your father each time you look at it. I’m also sure the dealership will want to help you achieve that. In my opinion i’d speak to them to let them know.

You've been given all the right advice and you should speak to the AD.

My condolences to you. It's hard losing a family member.

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear of your loss......

Definitely try and get the watch regardless of which way that happens. I lost my dad almost three years ago and that pushed me to go and buy the Milgauss I’d been looking at for a while. You never know what’s gonna happen and this will be a perfect way to remember your dad.

All the best

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I'd let the AD know the situation, I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out. It'd be a lovely way to remember your Dad.

Sorry to hear of your loss. It’s a truly tough time losing your father.

The sub is a great watch and it will be a fantastic way to remember for father. Good luck on your journey - I hope the AD can assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per everyone else, I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dad a long time ago but think of him almost every day. His last watch, a very cheap Sekonda, is just about the only item of his that I have in my possession. Strapping it on still brings with it a degree of emotion.

I am absolutely certain the AD in question would be very keen to assist in helping you remember your dad in a way that seems very fitting indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    All the best , a lovely memento indeed .

Craftsman
    My condolences. I’ve heard stories from my AD who called up people who waited for their Daytona for years and have deceased.. I think yours will do the best to make sure you eventually get one, and it will be very meaningful.

Journeyman
    Sorry for your loss, all the best to you and the family, at such a difficult time.

I like to think everyone is decent, hence I cannot think of a better reasons for the AD to choose you to be the first person they call the next time one of these watches arrive. I'd also consider the idea of (if the family agree) getting a few little pieces of jewellery from the very same AD, something for the rest of the near family to remember your father and his passion.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'd very much hope the watch appears in due course, and it would very much have been your dad's watch. I treasure my dad's watches fondly, and one of them goes on every foreign trip I make. Make full use of it when it arrives, and do let us know.

I’m sure whichever AD you deal with will ensure you get one sooner rather than later. They are people with their own families after all.

Condolences. I hope the AD is understanding and will help you out with this.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Sorry for your loss, I can’t even begin to imagine what your emotions are doing.

I hope they come good on this, a lovely reminder for you & without wishing anything happening to you, an even more amazing gift for your son / daughter (if you have one, and not two, actually scrap that idea)

Update us once you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    So sorry to hear your news - I would definitely speak to the manager of the branch and sure they will help. At least I would really hope they would.

Sorry to hear that, I have been through it in the last few years so know how you feel.

I really hope they oblige your request, its something your Dad started and for the Son to take that over would be brilliant, hope it works out for you..

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am certain you will get the watch soon, after discussing with the AD.

Humanity always prevails.