closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best 'sport' style watches - rubber strap e.t.c

Apprentice

Best 'sport' style watches - rubber strap e.t.c

Have an eye on the Patek Aquanaut (as cliche as that is), but clearly getting it at retail/2nd hand requires some skill

Any similar style alternatives worth considering? happy to hear

Really like the Rose Gold Yachtmaster on Oysterflex, and the new white gold 42mm version. The latter isn't readily available thought.

At the cheaper end of the spectrum Seamasters and Planet Oceans look good on rubber.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Really like the Rose Gold Yachtmaster on Oysterflex, and the new white gold 42mm version. The latter isn't readily available thought.

At the cheaper end of the spectrum Seamasters and Planet Oceans look good on rubber.
    just had a look at the yachtmaster - I like this - https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-...6659-0002.html - but without the unecssary white gold bumping up the price tag to 20k e.g. patek territory. Also if they did it smaller size.....

Quote Originally Posted by dng992 View Post
    just had a look at the yachtmaster - I like this - https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-...6659-0002.html - but without the unecssary white gold bumping up the price tag to 20k e.g. patek territory. Also if they did it smaller size.....
    Swap the white gold for stainless steel and reduce the size and you've got a Submariner, but a Rubber B strap and it'll look virtually the same.

Craftsman
    Or, be radical and go for an exclusive manufacturer.

HMC regards the Pioneer Centre Second as their "sports" watch. 43mm stainless steel, screw-down crown, 120m WR, rubber strap.

Still unmistakably a Moser.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Only on here could a 6grand Planet Ocean be considered the cheap end. Totally get your point though. The new METAS POs look good.

Around a similar price point I like some of the Ulysse Nardin on rubber.

VC Overseas also looks good on rubber

Blog Entries

I can vouch for the VC Overseas 4500. I had to decide on a ‘one watch’ to take on an extended vacation and decided to take my VC 4500 with me. It has bracelet, blue leather and blue rubber straps included and easy (no tools) change method - just need a finger nail.

Have a search under my username and you will find a review.

It’s been on my wrist for 15d now and not gained or lost a second.

120m wrt
    Screw down crown
    Steel case
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 21st January 2020 at 21:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

I can vouch for the VC Overseas 4500. I had to decide on a ‘one watch’ to take on an extended vacation and decided to take my VC 4500 with me. It has bracelet, blue leather and blue rubber straps included and easy (no tools) change method - just need a finger nail.

Have a search under my username and you will find a review.

It’s been on my wrist for 15d now and not gained or lost a second.

120m wrt
    Screw down crown
    Steel case
    This would be my choice if budget allowed, I think these will become more desirable and resale prices improve as the equivalent AP and Patek shortage continues.

TBH the Aquanaut isn't all that, I've had 2. Although it is IMHO nicer than the 5711.

I'd say in that category you've got things like BP 50 Fathoms 45mm, Breguet Marine, AP ROO Diver all nice watches and comparable with each other quality wise (maybe the 50 Fathoms is a teeny bit nicer due to the sapphire bezel but it is all subjective).

A bit lower down the price bracket and Omega Aqua Terras come on nice rubber options. The latest model Seamaster is a FANTASTIC watch for the money and has a whole range of options for different budgets. I guess even Rolex with the Gold or White Gold Yachtmaster although I guess they don't qualify as sports watches in the truest sense (Precious Metal).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, support what others have said about the new Seamaster- works great on a rubber strap. I have one as my holiday watch when I don’t want to risk a more expensive watch.