closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA : Tudor BB GMT

Master

PSA : Tudor BB GMT

Just a heads up if anyone's after one of these at RRP, 2 available at Moodys in Nantwich, 1 each on bracelet and leather as of 11am this morning.

Yep, these are now available at lots/most places:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...bay-GMT/page29

Funnily enough I was chatting to my contact at Goldsmiths TC last night and the lists for the GMT and 58 are growing again, 20 deep for each.

Balls are they.

Steel one is now £3,040... blimey that rrp escalated quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    still cheap for an manufacture calibre GMT from the house of “R”

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Steel one is now £3,040... blimey that rrp escalated quickly!

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Seen 3 of these for sale in the same shop last weekend 1 bracelet 2 on nato

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    still cheap for an manufacture calibre GMT from the house of “R”
    I agree. I also think it will keep climbing over the next couple of years. £4K watch imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I agree. I also think it will keep climbing over the next couple of years. £4K watch imho.
    Yup, plenty of room to increase the price befoe it starts to crowd anyone else with a true GMT.
    But this is a proper watch in the market, with examples you can actually now see in shops, and buy and everything. Imagine.

Journeyman
    Going to sell mine on bracelet it’s a nice enough watch for the buck but haven’t really bonded with it, hoping it’ll be a good time post price increase
    Last edited by Waxman; 21st January 2020 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Maybe when it isn't such a slab and when they shorten the GMT hand slightly so it doesn't go outside the dial. GMT hand would also be better as an arrow. Oh, and ditch the stupid rivets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Maybe when it isn't such a slab and when they shorten the GMT hand slightly so it doesn't go outside the dial. GMT hand would also be better as an arrow. Oh, and ditch the stupid rivets.
    Yeah, I noticed that when I had a look this morning, seems an odd design decision the GMT hand and agree, it’s a chunk, which has removed potential purchase from my decision making process.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that when I had a look this morning, seems an odd design decision the GMT hand and agree, it’s a chunk, which has removed potential purchase from my decision making process.

Wanted to love it. Had my name down at 3 ADs immediately. Tried it on and rejected it. In real life it wasn't for me. Looks great on Instagram though!

Master
    Isn't the GMT hand suppose to point to the bezel hence designed to extend past the minute track? The hour, minute, and second hands also extend to the markers/minute track so I think it's better designed than the Rolex equivalent from a purely functional point of view.

Agreed on the rivets though. Not really needed, but doesn't bother me enough as hardly noticeable.

Craftsman
    The nice thing about the GMT hand is that it is never obscured by the minute hand.

It looks bloody fantastic, real vintage vibe which I wasn’t expecting or looking for, but i now adore it for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Yup, plenty of room to increase the price befoe it starts to crowd anyone else with a true GMT.
    Just to note that swatch now have a true GMT in its sub-€1000 brands so in a couple of years that specific feature itself will not add to value.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Which watch is that Alan?

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Just to note that swatch now have a true GMT in its sub-€1000 brands so in a couple of years that specific feature itself will not add to value.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Journeyman
    The increases in RRP on these is phenomenal. My brother got one last summer for mid £2K, now it seems to have gone well over £3k.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by daraghmack View Post
    The increases in RRP on these is phenomenal. My brother got one last summer for mid £2K, now it seems to have gone well over £3k.

The entire Black Bay range has been increased, though it looks like the GMT has at least had a second price increase to take it to £3040.

I doubt that any reduction off RRP was obtained, they have been a waiting list item until very recently, and RRP started at £2790 for the one with the bracelet. I got one of the first here at that price, and having got one, it is nice to see Tudor protecting my investment.......

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Which watch is that Alan?
    There are a few already - tissot, mido and certina - I am sure that a hamilton one will pop up shortly.

The movement is the ETA C07.661 (sometimes powermatic 80, calibre 80).

One implementation:

https://www.midowatches.com/uk/swiss...m0384293605100

Craftsman

Where Rolex GMT have failed to control second hand prices, the Tudor GMT has managed to. No one really buys a Tudor GMT to flip now (I would think) but they remain rare enough to be desirable... Obviously with premiums a lot higher than Tudor and a larger demand, the same problem is harder for Rolex to solve.

Wanted to love it. Had my name down at 3 ADs immediately. Tried it on and rejected it. In real life it wasn't for me. Looks great on Instagram though!
    It’s exactly the same for me
    Loved the look of it and made sure I was first on the ‘list’ at an AD the day it was announced.
    It arrived I though ‘meh’ so passed on it
    A few months later I thought I would try it again, went on a ‘list’ it arrived six months later, still though meh!
    So passed on it again
    It’s just not for me in the metal.
    It does look good in pictures though

Craftsman
    Similar experience for me, spotted one in the window at the local AD and went to try it on. Sat too tall on the wrist for my taste, have been spoilt with the profile of the BB58 which I think is perfect size wise.

If Tudor were to produce a GMT the same size as the 58 that for me would tick a lot of boxes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    If Tudor were to produce a GMT the same size as the 58 that for me would tick a lot of boxes.
    Yup have to agree with that one. It's only a matter of time for me given how much expenses goes into manufacturing a new case/movement.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Yup have to agree with that one. It's only a matter of time for me given how much expenses goes into manufacturing a new case/movement.
    Yes please, would sell like hot cakes!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Yes please, would sell like hot cakes!
    But would that mean they would discontinue the current GMT therefore Making it a very short production and a collectors item....?

I doubt that any reduction off RRP was obtained, they have been a waiting list item until very recently, and RRP started at £2790 for the one with the bracelet. I got one of the first here at that price, and having got one, it is nice to see Tudor protecting my investment.......
    I waited 3 months for mine but got 10% off (cost me £2547 after the increase to £2830). So discounts were available.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I waited 3 months for mine but got 10% off (cost me £2547 after the increase to £2830). So discounts were available.
    Well done, seems an odd thing to do, when the AD can hold firm and say he will offer it to the next on the list.

Journeyman
    Agreed that’s a good effort to get anything off

Craftsman
    Well done, seems an odd thing to do, when the AD can hold firm and say he will offer it to the next on the list.
    Could have been part of a package sale.

In fairness, they did offer me this, while I was waiting on the proviso I bought the BB58 I was looking for, and on their list from them also (of which they also gave 10% off) instead of buying from Hugh Rice (I'd phoned to cancel my order).

Worked out well in the end, as I say, 10% off both although I did wait a lot longer for the 58 than I hoped.

Craftsman
    In fairness, they did offer me this, while I was waiting on the proviso I bought the BB58 I was looking for, and on their list from them also (of which they also gave 10% off) instead of buying from Hugh Rice (I'd phoned to cancel my order).

Worked out well in the end, as I say, 10% off both although I did wait a lot longer for the 58 than I hoped.

Apologies if you've already mentioned it in this thread, but which do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Apologies if you've already mentioned it in this thread, but which do you prefer?
    Genuine honest opinion - I couldn't really pick. I love them both for different reasons.

If I HAD to choose, then the 58 is such a comfortable watch that you forget you have on sometimes. I thought I'd dislike the size (too small) but it is a lovely thing, it really is. I've always preferred bigger, heavier/presence feeling watches so the GMT bulk doesn't phase me at all, but I do love the size of the 58, and it just looks lovely. One of the best out there for the price point in my view.

But genuinely, they're both great watches (saying that, I've worn neither for the last two months lol).
    Last edited by senwar; 23rd January 2020 at 17:35.

Maybe when it isn't such a slab
    Is the case the same as the rest of the (regular) BB range?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I've had two black bays and sold two black bays. Both black BB41 in house movements. It's definitely too big imo but some will overlook it. Weirdly the BB58 is too small for me. Will buy one again if they reduce the thickness and drop the rivets.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Yes, they are all a bit slab sided. They definitely feel bulkier than a SMP for example. But I still
    think they look great.

Slab sided but attractive. Although different beholders may disagree with my view of its beauty

I don’t (yet) have the GMT in my collection but I find each of the 4 BB’s that I do own very different. They all wear very well though and form the bulk of my regular rotation. The 58 is probably my current favourite watch and has been since I was lucky enough to get my hands on one last summer. Whether the GMT could usurp it will need to wait until funds allow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Genuine honest opinion - I couldn't really pick. I love them both for different reasons.

If I HAD to choose, then the 58 is such a comfortable watch that you forget you have on sometimes. I thought I'd dislike the size (too small) but it is a lovely thing, it really is. I've always preferred bigger, heavier/presence feeling watches so the GMT bulk doesn't phase me at all, but I do love the size of the 58, and it just looks lovely. One of the best out there for the price point in my view.

But genuinely, they're both great watches (saying that, I've worn neither for the last two months lol).
    Thanks, that's really interesting. I have a GMT and a Harrods. I admit, I've yet to wear my Harrods, but the GMT has been in regular rotation for over a year now. It is a bulky watch, but is currently my favourite watch despite owning other less flawed watches.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Thanks, that's really interesting. I have a GMT and a Harrods. I admit, I've yet to wear my Harrods, but the GMT has been in regular rotation for over a year now. It is a bulky watch, but is currently my favourite watch despite owning other less flawed watches.
    I also had a Harrods - wore it once and then popped away. As nice as it is/was I just never saw me wearing it over the GMT or 58 so let it go. I definitely preferred the GMT over the Harrods if was choosing between the two. Lovely watch and colour but oddly felt bigger than the GMT as well

Craftsman
    I also had a Harrods - wore it once and then popped away. As nice as it is/was I just never saw me wearing it over the GMT or 58 so let it go. I definitely preferred the GMT over the Harrods if was choosing between the two. Lovely watch and colour but oddly felt bigger than the GMT as well
    Yeah, I prefer the GMT to the Harrods and just don't know that I need two Black Bays (I consider the GMT and a 58 a different proposition though). I just haven't felt the urge to wear it, which probably isn't a good sign as I've had it two months now.
    I really like watches with some colour though, so I really want to like it.

Journeyman
    I was surprised by how bulky and "slab sided" they are in reality also, it's not obvious at all from pictures.

After Tudor’s dismal showing at Baselworld last year, a BB58 GMT is a racing certainty this year. And then the BB GMT party will be well and truly over.

Personally, I never look at my watch from the side, and am used to wearing chronographs of equal thickness to the BB, so I do not really see the slab-sidedness, other than in pictures taken to show those sides.
    The case is slightly different to the normal BB, as there is a scalloped section to the rear that reduces the thickenss of the side itself.

This watchgecko photo illustrates the difference (BB GMT underneath)

They should add that scalloping to the rest of the 41 range, it balances the thick side profile better.

I think a 58 sized blue bezel (and hopefully blue dial) BB will be next on the release list for Tudor. The current GMT is still very in demand so why give it an in house rival at this stage?

Journeyman
    I do find it a bit on the chunky side and routinely bosh it on walls etc. Luckily no damage yet!!

I just had a call from an AD offering me a GMT on bracelet if anyone is looking for one.

It will be held until the end of today in the N London AD.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    They should add that scalloping to the rest of the 41 range, it balances the thick side profile better.

I think a 58 sized blue bezel (and hopefully blue dial) BB will be next on the release list for Tudor. The current GMT is still very in demand so why give it an in house rival at this stage?
    I'd love to see some other 58 variants too. Beyond your point about competition, there's also the movement size vs the 58 case. No idea if that's an issue or not.