closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ETA 2824-2 vs Sellita SW200-1

ETA 2824-2 vs Sellita SW200-1

Just wondering if these two really are comparable? And for anyone who owns an SW200 watch, what is the best sort of start price you can find to get into a timepiece with this movement?

Also is time keeping really more impressive in real life. For those with NH35a based watches what sort of time variations are you getting compared to an ETA2824 or NH35a watch?

Master
    I have had a few of each, but having a reasonable size collection I rarely notice time keeping to the second.
    All I can say is I've never had an issue with either.

Grand Master
    I don't think there'll be any difference between an ETA 2824 and Sellita 200, they're virtually identical. Much depends on the health of the movement and how well it's been adjusted and regulated. I can usually improve positional variation on these by playing with the Etachron adjustor, sometimes they're adjusted correctly but often they aren`t. Definitely not a job to attempt if you don`t know what you're doing, it's what I do after servicing them to get the best performance.

As for the NH35, it's OK but not in the same league as the others. If regulated properly and set in beat properly (often they're out) they're OK but they're always sensitive to wear pattern by the owner in my experience, precision varies significantly if they're not kept in a high state of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by RS24 View Post
    Just wondering if these two really are comparable? And for anyone who owns an SW200 watch, what is the best sort of start price you can find to get into a timepiece with this movement?

Also is time keeping really more impressive in real life. For those with NH35a based watches what sort of time variations are you getting compared to an ETA2824 or NH35a watch?
    My CW C65 Trident Vintage MkII has this Sellita movement and I’ve had no problems with it at all. Timekeeping is excellent (+9s over 7 days when worn) from what I’ve seen so far.

Oh, and CW had a January sale where some watches with this movement were like £300. Amazing value in my opinion.
    Last edited by PawG; 21st January 2020 at 15:18.

Master
    It's highly unlikely you will be able to tell the difference between the two as they are virtually identical in both function, dimensions and performance.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    My CW C65 Trident Vintage MkII has this Sellita movement and I’ve had no problems with it at all. Timekeeping is excellent (+9s over 7 days when worn) from what I’ve seen so far.

Oh, and CW had a January sale where some watches with this movement were like £300. Amazing value in my opinion.
    I bought a CW C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 in the January sale. This is powered by the Sellita SW200 if I am not mistaken. Had it for 5 days now and time keeping is excellent at about +4 s per day. I think the two movements mentioned are very similar.

Wow £300 for an SW200-1 watch... amazing!??? Is sale still on?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnosul View Post
    I bought a CW C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600 in the January sale. This is powered by the Sellita SW200 if I am not mistaken. Had it for 5 days now and time keeping is excellent at about +4 s per day. I think the two movements mentioned are very similar.
    Nice watch!
    Yes, I was well surprised as it's far better than what it says on the box. I don't know if it's just lucky or do they actually regulate it at CW.

There's only leftovers now, so nothing that great in the ''half price'' sale. But there's a couple in the ''nearly new'' - https://www.christopherward.co.uk/ev...e2/nearly-new3

Journeyman
    Closer to £400, but still.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Nice watch!
    Yes, I was well surprised as it's far better than what it says on the box. I don't know if it's just lucky or do they actually regulate it at CW.
    It is a very nice watch. It seems very well put together and as mentioned, it has been very accurate thus far. The value proposition on watches like this is hard to argue with, especially so when bought in a half price sale!

This looks like a bargain. This is the MkI Trident but same Sellita movement as the MkII.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christoph...gAAOSwuOZeJFtr
    Also there’s a few nice clearance ones on the CW website.