closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to buy Seiko Turtle?

Where to buy Seiko Turtle?

I have a hankering for a new black Seiko Turtle SRP777J1 (Japan model, rubber strap) after letting mine go a couple of years ago.
    Any recommendations for the best place to order one from? Thanks

Goldsmith's sell them for £379, should help with returns for any alignment issues. Depending on budget there is an SPB079 on SC for about £525. I've had the SRP777J1, SRPC49K1 and now have the SPB079. If you have the budget the SPB079 is where I'd put my money.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Goldsmith's sell them for £379, should help with returns for any alignment issues. Depending on budget there is an SPB079 on SC for about £525. I've had the SRP777J1, SRPC49K1 and now have the SPB079. If you have the budget the SPB079 is where I'd put my money.

Thanks. It’s the SRP777J1 I’m after. I think the Goldsmiths model is the K1.

There seems to be a few on Ebay around the $400 mark. You would need to factor in import duties if it is the JDM version that you are after?

Is there a reason why you want the JDM version in particular? I'm not aware of them being superior to the K versions?

Craftsman
    J or K. This topic goes round on a regular basis. Both made in the same place but for different markets so to pay more for a J is crazy.
    Are you perhaps lookinfor a version with a different second date set? Personally i like Roman numerals.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Is there a reason why you want the JDM version in particular? I'm not aware of them being superior to the K versions?
    You're right, they are not superior at all. The OP will get more for the J version if he decides to sell it on, but no more at best than he would have paid extra in the first place so no gain there either.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I was thinking of selling my Seiko Monster SRP309, so looked around at prices as it’s discontinued, someone is trying to sell one on eBay for £1800 because it’s a Japan version... just nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    I was thinking of selling my Seiko Monster SRP309, so looked around at prices as it’s discontinued, someone is trying to sell one on eBay for £1800 because it’s a Japan version... just nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely insane. While the mk2 was adored at the time I don't think time has been as kind to it as the mk1.

I agree with others, simply a single letter difference in the model number for a watch sold in Japan. I was looking at a few and they even stated the reference in Japan contained a J, but not in the US or Europe.

To pay more for a J in the model number is nuts. Now a watch that is exclusive to the Japanese market (JDM as they call it) is different.

Master
    WatchO have the K version at £302 if you use the code WIN5

https://www.watcho.co.uk/Watches/Sei...-SRP777K1.html

Don’t think you’ll find a new J version now. Even the later released SBDY015 seems to have dried up now, Seiya hasn’t had them in stock now for a few months.
    Last edited by oiljam; 20th January 2020 at 17:52.

hsamuel shops have the padi turtle on sale for £340?
    if that will suffice.