closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can’t see how to read TZ messages with an iPhone?

Can’t see how to read TZ messages with an iPhone?

Hi chaps, how on earth do you get to read a TZ message sent to you on a iPhone, I have a red dot that shows on the forum but I can’t retrieve or even find the message facility unless I am on a pc, any ideas please?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I’ve never found how to do it either, I switch to a browser to check messages if I see the red dot!

Craftsman

They should be in notifications , as per photo ........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    That’s using the full version of the site in a browser though I think? It’s using the app that messages aren’t available

Craftsman
    You can view them easily enough using Tapatalk rather than full site on browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I can see there is no way to do it in the TZ app but if you access TZ through the Tapatalk app, which TZ's app is based on, it does have the functionality. In short, just use the Tapatalk app instead of the TZ one. There are no downsides to this, in that it offers the same experience exactly as far as I can tell, but you can also access PMs.

I have no issues, are you using the mobile view setting, there is a drop down on the bottom left in full site view - select mobile style view.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    As far as I can see there is no way to do it in the TZ app but if you access TZ through the Tapatalk app, which TZ's app is based on, it does have the functionality. In short, just use the Tapatalk app instead of the TZ one. There are no downsides to this, in that it offers the same experience exactly as far as I can tell, but you can also access PMs.
    The downside to using tapatalk is all the advertising, there’s none with the TZ app.

On the mobile site (as mentioned check the settings in at the bottom of the page); tap the menu (three dots top right); messages should be the bottom left icon.

As tobywatches says, delete the TZ-UK app as it as several flaws, including the messages one.

The Tapatalk app works fine. The paid version has no ads and some enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    As tobywatches says, delete the TZ-UK app as it as several flaws, including the messages one.

The Tapatalk app works fine. The paid version has no ads and some enhancements.
    Cheers chaps, this works for me at last doing the above, thanks again for all the help.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    In the notifications, opt to receive emails. Anything that you would normally receive on the forum will be sent to you via email.