closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Non-league football

Grand Master

Non-league football

I’m not a big fan of football, but for a change I decided to attend a non- league football match with a couple of friends.

The local Wakefield area side, Ossett United, play in the Northern Premier league (North West) and had a home game against Widnes, we’d planned a boys day out so this fitted the bill.

I was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable the whole match experience turned out to be, good honest football played in the right spirit with plenty of commitment but none of the petulance and gamesmanship that spoils top level football. A crowd of 433 created a lively good- humoured atmosphere in the small ground, the clubhouse/bar provided welcome respite from the cold, a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.

Ossett won 4-2 in a keenly contested encounter, which pleased me, but the result didn’t matter that much.

For anyone who’s fallen out of love with football I recommend a trip to watch your local non- league team, you just might get the enthusiasm back. Throw in a few beers with your mates and its a good day out, We paid £9 admission and it was worth every penny.

Master
    Being a Yeovil fan non league is where we are at present, and over the years I've visited lots of non league grounds always an enjoyable experience (excluding some of the results).

Another enjoyable experience for us as a family has been the women's football and the quality keeps improving we even went to watch a game at the word cup.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I agree re: Women’s football, today we’ve had a great day out watching Manchester United Ladies bear Spurs 3-0. Adult tickets £6, kids £3. With those prices I treated the kids to a pie!

(We could do with the ladies playing the scouse right now....)

I've seen plenty of non - league football as my eldest used to play for Whyteleafe FC in the Isthmian League and I used to watch him.

Now I'm watching the Grandchildren!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052