closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to get a 2892-A2 movement checked over?

Craftsman

Where to get a 2892-A2 movement checked over?

Tactico TC2 - manual winding feeling rather rough all of a sudden ...

Plenty of places to get Omega/Rolex serviced but what of cheaper pieces like this - any suggestions / recommendations?

Thanks.

I’ve previously sent both of these companies eta powered watches with great results.

https://www.perpetual-time.com/

https://www.luxurywatchrepairers.co.uk/

Grand Master
    Me?........

taking a limited amount of work on thesedays but may be able to help on this one.

Brendan Hoey - Webwatchmaker. Top man.

Journeyman
    I highly recommend Christian and Johannes at the https://watchguy.co.uk/about/

They fixed my PRS-29 recently, superbly done incl pressure testing etc

Also they have some kind of Intranet site and as soon as they started work on my watch posted all kinds of status updates / photos etc which was a nice added benefit.

Don't handwind ETA automatics. They aren't made to do so often.
    Handwinding introduces a lot of wear. The gears just aren't made to cope with it...

Master
    Sounds like the reversing wheel is damaged. You need to be ultra careful when winding this movement as I believe the reverser is a weak point. If I need to wind my Seamaster, movement based on ETA 2892-A2, I do so very carefully and slowly.

I would send it to Paul, Walkerwek 1958, for attention now he is taking repairs again. He has a great reputation.

Grand Master
    Sorted this one out today, turned out to be a quickie.

The watch was running very well, apart from an intermittent roughness in the hand-winding. I've come across this before with ETA 2892s, turned out to be the reverser which was misbehaving, which is what I suspected.

Take the auto-winding block off and the problem goes away, that confirms the problem's with the auto-winding and there's really only the reverser that can be the culprit. I gave all parts a thorough cleaning, and lubricated the reverser with Lubeta 105 which is the recommended lubricant. After reassembly the watch is now winding super-smooth, I removed the stem and gave the crown a clean around the threads whilst the watch had the back off.

There are cases where it's sensible to carry out a partial repair, this was one of them.