closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just Had the Call for a 126711 CHNR

Just Had the Call for a 126711 CHNR

Only put my name down less than six months ago. But with price rise putting these pocket money shy of £12k, I’ve decided to pass and stick with my trusty SubC, as cost to change was still going to be nearly £5k.

Blog Entries
    I would love one of those! Have you 100% said no?

Two tone in this doesn't work for me - has to be the full gold version or nothing.

Master
    It is a lovely watch. I was lucky enough to get hold of one around a year ago. I eventually let it go as I wasn't too sure about the brown colour on the bezel. I loved the combination of the rose gold with the steel on a professional watch. I do sometimes miss it! You are right, at £12k it certainly needs some serious thought before pulling the trigger. Same as you, still wearing the sub!

Funnily enough I turned down a Hulk today. AD was gobsmacked but as I wouldn't keep it and couldn't flip due to issues caused to AD I passed on it. If anything it has reinforced the relationship with the AD as they have more comfort I'm not out to profiteer from them.

Timex sent me a 10% off voucher - I'm thinking of using it on this:

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Couldn't you get it for a member here who wants one, and who will throw a bottle your way for helping?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Funnily enough I turned down a Hulk today. AD was gobsmacked but as I wouldn't keep it and couldn't flip due to issues caused to AD I passed on it. If anything it has reinforced the relationship with the AD as they have more comfort I'm not out to profiteer from them.
    That’s the right thing to do and can only benefit you.

I’ve seen a few new hulks on forums in the last few days - wonder if it’s more ss being released, just a new batch of hulks, or maybe the last batch of hulks before a new version?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

Stunning!!!

Absolutely the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Couldn't you get it for a member here who wants one, and who will throw a bottle your way for helping?
    Got that AD in trouble before for helping someone get a BLNR who then caused mayhem with Rolex by asking them to verify its authenticity as they were sceptical I could get them one so fast. They then proceeded to tell Rolex they'd bought it via a proxy and that got the AD in hot water. Similar reason I can no longer do the Omega PSAs as someone couldn't believe they were getting a Moonwatch for £2.2k (when RRP was £3,520) and flagged to check that it was a proper watch with the AD head office. Or the other member here who decided he wanted out of the Omega moon phase watch that I'd got him BNIB for 38% off RRP but couldn't get a refund as watch was paid in gift cards so proceeded to reject 5 of them (the AD's entire UK stock) for trivial reasons until they gave a refund and also called the loss adjusters in to investigate and basically pulled the whole PSA scheme as a result.

Basically someone will always sh*t on their own doorstep I've found.

I'm under strict instructions that they are just for me as a result apart from the odd Deepsea or Sub ND where I have done PSAs here and they have gone to tz members.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ryan, my post was directed at the OP.

Got that AD in trouble before for helping someone get a BLNR who then caused mayhem with Rolex by asking them to verify its authenticity as they were sceptical I could get them one so fast. They then proceeded to tell Rolex they'd bought it via a proxy and that got the AD in hot water. Similar reason I can no longer do the Omega PSAs as someone couldn't believe they were getting a Moonwatch for £2.2k (when RRP was £3,520) and flagged to check that it was a proper watch with the AD head office. Or the other member here who decided he wanted out of the Omega moon phase watch that I'd got him BNIB for 38% off RRP but couldn't get a refund as watch was paid in gift cards so proceeded to reject 5 of them (the AD's entire UK stock) for trivial reasons until they gave a refund and also called the loss adjusters in to investigate and basically pulled the whole PSA scheme as a result.

I'm under strict instructions that they are just for me as a result apart from the odd Deepsea or Sub ND where I have done PSAs here and they have gone to tz members.
    I don't blame you Ryan - this is indicative of the forum growing and people with money to spend and very few miles on the place.

Some of the best deals I had on BNIB Rolex were via Rod (Rolexroz), all kosher and above board from authorised dealers. Nobody questioned anything and Rod's integrity was beyond reproach.

Gone are the days of the £2k GMT Master.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman

Colour

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Two tone in this doesn't work for me - has to be the full gold version or nothing.

Happily agree with Crazyp on this, sorry but the two tone on this watch with the brown and black just does not carry well. As CrazyP said, full gold or just not bother.

Master
    Blog Entries

That’s piss poor Ryan.

Craftsman

Floating

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That’s the right thing to do and can only benefit you.

I’ve seen a few new hulks on forums in the last few days - wonder if it’s more ss being released, just a new batch of hulks, or maybe the last batch of hulks before a new version?
    Quite a number on the secondary dealers shelves recently and none moving even with asking price drops. Could well just be that time of year with the Christmas bill arriving on doorsteps, buyers in short supply whilst sellers are plentiful.

If a new version is released with the improved movement, I am sure we will get plenty of blurb from sellers regards first generation hulks and some speculative pricing to coincide.

Craftsman
    I’ve been on the list with 4 ADs since December 2017

Master
    Fair play Ryan. Many after hulk and you could have seen those £££ signs. Let's hope they manage to get it to someone who will hold it and not flip.

I have been on list at a couple of ADs but then the games start and wanting you to buy a gold piece first!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Why? Surely the correct right thing is for the watch to be offered to the next person patiently waiting on the list?

- - - Updated - - -

Celia would back you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    Not looking likely

Most ADs these days don’t like it if you are ‘on the list’ with more than 1 AD. Rather than increasing your odds, it appears as if you want to buy multiple watches in order to flip them.

You might actually find that you are being kept at the bottom of 4 lists (if the lists even exist at all).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Most ADs these days don’t like it if you are ‘on the list’ with more than 1 AD. Rather than increasing your odds, it appears as if you want to buy multiple watches in order to flip them.

You might actually find that you are being kept at the bottom of 4 lists (if the lists even exist at all).
    Yeah I understand that, but it feels counterintuitive to cancel back down to just one!?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Not looking likely
    Not likely at all.

Sorry, it has to be said....what absolute a*$£holes.

Master

I always have a chuckle about the story you told of some member here who turned up at some Thailand AD (that you had set up a discount deal with) basically pissed and with a hooker in tow questioning the discount.
    When in Rome as they say.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Most ADs these days don’t like it if you are ‘on the list’
    Might as well finish the statement there :)

Authenticate the BLNR you got them . Wow that’s pretty bad tbh. The mass rejection of the moonwatches is even worse!

So. Who were they?
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 18th January 2020 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I always have a chuckle about the story you told of some member here who turned up at some Thailand AD (that you had set up a discount deal with) basically pissed and with a hooker in tow questioning the discount.
    When in Rome as they say.
    Ah yes in Chiang Mai. That AD is run by a family member of my wife. It was for a Cameron. Needless to say the offer is no longer extended out of our family circle lol!

Some pretty bad form there Ryan. I knew the Omega deal was pulled by you but thought it was due to flipping them.

The stones on these guys to go back to Rolex or be deceitful to get a refund on the Omega. They should have given him a gift card and told him stfu. The good Samaritan...

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Some pretty bad form there Ryan. I knew the Omega deal was pulled by you but thought it was due to flipping them.

The stones on these guys to go back to Rolex or be deceitful to get a refund on the Omega. They should have given him a gift card and told him stfu. The good Samaritan...
    The Omega was the blue dial moonehase which was a hard to get watch and was around £7k RRP at the time. The guy rejected all 5 the AD had in stock across the country for trivial reasons and that's ultimately what stopped the PSAs as their loss adjusters had to get involved as they had basically written off £35k of stock a d then they saw it was via a gift card that had been used to buy a load of Omegas and Breitlings and Head Office pulled the scheme

Craftsman
    The Omega was the blue dial moonehase which was a hard to get watch and was around £7k RRP at the time. The guy rejected all 5 the AD had in stock across the country for trivial reasons and that's ultimately what stopped the PSAs as their loss adjusters had to get involved as they had basically written off £35k of stock a d then they saw it was via a gift card that had been used to buy a load of Omegas and Breitlings and Head Office pulled the scheme

What I don't understand is why he didn't just sell it on if he was desperate to get out of the deal? Surely for the discount he was getting, he could have at least broken even. Some people are extremely strange...

I was fortunate to be the recipient of one of your offers Ryan- that’s unbelievable behaviour, can you name them please?

Master
    It really would be an enormous service to the membership to name these folks Ryan. This is highly villainous behaviour on multiple levels

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    It really would be an enormous service to the membership to name these folks Ryan. This is highly villainous behaviour on multiple levels
    Good point. Ryan, did you put up/amend H+V feedback for the idiots?

Master

Wow, what a bunch of absolute whoppers! Some people just can't help f#*king things up for people.

Would you know the model number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    Would you know the model number?

https://www.timex.co.uk/timex-x-spac...2T82800QY.html

Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Thanks..of course that’s the 1st place I should have gone to.

I always try to be as helpful as I can, and if there was a way for another member to pay for the watch direct with the AD I would happily have done it.

But, it’s of bucket load of cash, and I’m don’t think that many members would effectively transferred £12k to a stranger (a very trustworthy one at that!) on pure trust that I would then go out buy and ship the watch.

If there was a straightforward way then I couldn’t think of it, and I wasn’t given much time by the AD.

Craftsman
    The reason why many go with grey dealers.
    Especially if buyers don’t have a strong history with the an AD.

BNIB Hulk was circa £6.5-7K back in 2017.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post

Really!? I remember seeing hulks at WF for 10k in early 2018.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post

Not around here they weren’t.

Master

you can only do so much for some people; & you've done more than most, by some distance!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I don't blame you Ryan - this is indicative of the forum growing and people with money to spend and very few miles on the place.

Some of the best deals I had on BNIB Rolex were via Rod (Rolexroz), all kosher and above board from authorised dealers. Nobody questioned anything and Rod's integrity was beyond reproach.

Gone are the days of the £2k GMT Master.
    I miss the good ole days- Rolexroz was always a straight forward and decent bloke to deal with.......and cheap as chips....
    There was another bloke on TURF who once contacted me and said ‘ I’ve got 4 stickered up Submariners - wanna cheap deal for the lot?’

Feels like a long time ago compared to the current situation .....after several phone calls an AD just agreed to put me on the waiting list for a certain model.

Craftsman
    Just put by name down for one of these at the WOS in Bank. Was quoted around about 8 months to a year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Just put by name down for one of these at the WOS in Bank. Was quoted around about 8 months to a year

There's a full rose gold one in the window there today for just over £30k

Craftsman
    Full Rose one is way out of my price range. I suppose that's most likely the reason it is there and not getting snapped up