closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Updates Constellation Gents’ Collection With New Fifth-Generation Styles

Omega Updates Constellation Gents’ Collection With New Fifth-Generation Styles

There are 26 new models, all sharing the same elegant case geometry. Most models are sized at a contemporary 39mm, while a few 36mm versions are also available. While different models interpret the look in stainless steel, 18k yellow gold, Omega’s own 18k Sedna rose gold, and two-tone combinations, the basic style remains the same. Major changes from the previous generation include a new polished bevel along the length of the case for added light play, along with additional polished bevels along the edges of the four signature “claws” at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock. These claws have also been extensively reshaped, slimmed down to flow more smoothly down the side of the main case. The signature Constellation bezel with its etched Roman numerals has also been slimmed down and narrowed for a more streamlined profile, while the numerals themselves are redesigned in a cleaner font. All models are now also equipped with a display caseback.

All models in the Constellation Gent’s Collection have now been upgraded to METAS-certified Master Chronometer status, as well, courtesy of the in-house caliber 8800 automatic movement. Featuring Omega’s unique co-axial escapement system, the caliber 8800 offers over 15,000 gauss of magnetic resistance in addition to 55 hours of power reserve. Both the movement plates and rotor are decorated with Omega’s twisting Côtes de Genève.
    https://www.ablogtowatch.com/omega-u...ration-styles/

Dial looks very similar to the Tresor blue steel watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    This one looks good to me but I don't see me wearing\using over my DJ41.

That's really nice, very tasteful update. Way to modernise an old classic.

I really like this one too....

Omega did a great job with these.

Too dressy for me personally but I think that they have updated the design well.

26 new models - why don't you cover all bases guys 😂

Grand Master
    I like it, I’ve been a fan of the design for years and I own an older one, I bought it as a fixer upper then decided I liked it too much to sell. The design is distinctive and individual, the only reason they’re not more popular us the obsession many watch buyers have with sports watches. These offer something different, radically different, to me they sit well in a diverse collection.

Only issue I have is the size, at 39mm it’ll wear big, and I suspect the 36mm will have too thick an aspect ratio. My old one is around 36mm but very slim (cal 1120), and the lack of bulk helps the way it wears. The modern Omega movements are too thick and bulky, but this suits many buyers who expect some heft for their money when buying.

I guess the price will be high, and anyone who decides to sell will lose a chunk of money, that’ll put some folks off.

The style us a nightmare to refinish, and these watches don’t take kindly to whacks and dings, definitely not one for the ‘ action man’ type.