closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any clay pigeon shooters on the forum?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    And this is where the main problem lies, as everyone knows GP’s are underpaid right?
    I am not sure that is where the main problem lies at all...

I have been a doctor for 5 years and spent 6 years at university. My salary is around £37,000 per year. Very healthy, I am under no illusions. But don't believe what the media says about GP pay though. The issue is with all the extra work I have to do and I don't get paid for. If you worked out my hourly rate I do I think I am underpaid, yes. But the issue basically is, I am time poor, not money poor. If you want me to give up even more of my time, I want to be very well paid for it. A lot of doctors and sometimes our regulatory bodies feel we should be embarrassed about being paid well, I don't agree. I don't owe the applicant of a firearms license anything in this instance. It is strictly professional and not part of my capacity as a "carer".

Doctors get paid well because of risk basically. The decisions you make and the more risk you take on, the better the pay because that is what people don't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    I am not sure that is where the main problem lies at all...

I have been a doctor for 5 years and spent 6 years at university. My salary is around £37,000 per year. Very healthy, I am under no illusions. But don't believe what the media says about GP pay though. The issue is with all the extra work I have to do and I don't get paid for. If you worked out my hourly rate I do I think I am underpaid, yes. But the issue basically is, I am time poor, not money poor. If you want me to give up even more of my time, I want to be very well paid for it. A lot of doctors and sometimes our regulatory bodies feel we should be embarrassed about being paid well, I don't agree. I don't owe the applicant of a firearms license anything in this instance. It is strictly professional and not part of my capacity as a "carer".

Doctors get paid well because of risk basically. The decisions you make and the more risk you take on, the better the pay because that is what people don't want to do.
    And that concludes today’s off topic shenanigans.

As you were

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    And that concludes today’s off topic shenanigans.

As you were
    Fair enough chief.