closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Roll

Craftsman

Watch Roll

Hey gang,

Looking for a nice watch roll that can hold 6 watches. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

I'm not wanting to break the bank, just something that is fairly well made and nice enough not to rough up the watches.

TIA all

I use a Boker knife vault. Not too good for watches with bracelets, but otherwise it works perfectly.

https://www.heinnie.com/boker-knife-vault-6

Why not have a go at making one?

They are probably one of the easier things to make in leather, and you can size it to your own specification.

Watch Roll

Take a look on Etsy, there’’s loads of choice. I’’’m in the process of giving a seller called EgorStore in Belarus a go.

(ps. Apostrophe key not working)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 16th January 2020 at 15:25.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm not very crafty so a bought in one is probably the best bet for me!

Yep, Etsy.. quite a few makers on there now.

Probably a silly question, but a genuine one nonetheless. Even though the watches are in their own compartments and physically cannot touch, is there any risk of them clattering together as it were. I've always preferred the relative safety of a watch box with a cushion to strap the watch to. Are these exclusively used for travel etc or do people store their watches at home in them.

I have had a couple of watch rolls that came as part of a limited edition set, but I would never use them. Just interesting to hear a different point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Probably a silly question, but a genuine one nonetheless. Even though the watches are in their own compartments and physically cannot touch, is there any risk of them clattering together as it were. I've always preferred the relative safety of a watch box with a cushion to strap the watch to. Are these exclusively used for travel etc or do people store their watches at home in them.

I have had a couple of watch rolls that came as part of a limited edition set, but I would never use them. Just interesting to hear a different point of view.
    I store my "better" watches at home in them.

If you put the watches in the compartments, and then tie up the roll using the lacing, they don't clatter at all. Of course it's not the same level of protection as a watch box, but I've never noticed any damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    I store my "better" watches at home in them.

If you put the watches in the compartments, and then tie up the roll using the lacing, they don't clatter at all. Of course it's not the same level of protection as a watch box, but I've never noticed any damage at all.
    Many thanks 👍

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Hey gang,

Looking for a nice watch roll that can hold 6 watches. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

I'm not wanting to break the bank, just something that is fairly well made and nice enough not to rough up the watches.

TIA all
    Do some man-maths, ie buy 2 more watches then buy 2 x 4 watch rolls from Haveston. You know it makes sense.

https://www.haveston.com/travel-stow...51-M12TWR.html
    F.T.F.A.

I have a roll from kukiworks (eBay). Works fine and doesn’t break the bank.

Favourable reviews at the time I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Do some man-maths, ie buy 2 more watches then buy 2 x 4 watch rolls from Haveston. You know it makes sense.

https://www.haveston.com/travel-stow...51-M12TWR.html
    I like both the roll and your logic!

I have this one and it does the job and is good value at £8.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W1ZZD...395841_TE_dp_1

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    I have this one and it does the job and is good value at £8.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W1ZZD...395841_TE_dp_1
    That one looks just the ticket tbf, I take it the actual 'pouches' are lined as well?

That one looks just the ticket tbf, I take it the actual 'pouches' are lined as well?

Five slots, so buy two and you would need to buy four more watches. ;-)

F.T.F.A.

They have the same fabric internally as externally, I keep mine in ziplock wallets when using. Apologies it is only 5 slot though

Looks identical to the Watch Gecko one I bought for £30 odd!
    They will take 42mm and 1 of the pouches 45mm (Solar Tuna). Not sure if that is by accident or design.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I recomend Banks and sloane

Wys?ane z mojego BBF100-6 przy u?yciu Tapatalka

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Looks identical to the Watch Gecko one I bought for £30 odd!
    They will take 42mm and 1 of the pouches 45mm (Solar Tuna). Not sure if that is by accident or design.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    Exactly what I was thinking. £28 iirc. :-(

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk