closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Right To Repair Act. Nebraska farmers vs John Deere...

Blog Entries

The Right To Repair Act. Nebraska farmers vs John Deere...

... with special attention from Apple, IT&T and more tech giants. Interesting video with potentially far-reaching consequenses.

Master
    Interesting.

If you go on many of the car forums, most have members who are active in the investigation and use of software to analyse and amend the computer settings of their vehicles. I am active on the VW T6 Transporter forum, and struggle to follow some of the threads due the level of technical software detail they go into. Many of them are using VWs own software legally I believe, so not quite the same as the John Deere situation.

Pete

A mate of mine went to visit one of his old college mates, who manages a relatively large agricultural estate.
    On the way into the estate, he spotted one of their large Deutz 4 wheel behemoth tractors in one of the fields, apparently with no-one there.
    He asked his mate about it, to be told that the estate had a banking problem, and one of the repayments for the tractor was delayed. It was the bank's fault, not the estate itself.
    As a result, the tractor had been remotely shut down by Deutz once the SatNav had confirmed it was not on any public road.
    It had been there 2 days, they were just waiting for notification that it had been re-activated so they could use it again.
    A six figure asset, sat there alone in full view of a public highway, because one repayment was slightly late.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    A mate of mine went to visit one of his old college mates, who manages a relatively large agricultural estate.
    On the way into the estate, he spotted one of their large Deutz 4 wheel behemoth tractors in one of the fields, apparently with no-one there.
    He asked his mate about it, to be told that the estate had a banking problem, and one of the repayments for the tractor was delayed. It was the bank's fault, not the estate itself.
    As a result, the tractor had been remotely shut down by Deutz once the SatNav had confirmed it was not on any public road.
    It had been there 2 days, they were just waiting for notification that it had been re-activated so they could use it again.
    A six figure asset, sat there alone in full view of a public highway, because one repayment was slightly late.

I wonder if leasing companies are considering this for that are not paid up, or the police, for cars that are stolen, untaxed or not MOTed. I do hope so

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I wonder if leasing companies are considering this for that are not paid up, or the police, for cars that are stolen, untaxed or not MOTed. I do hope so
    They don’t seem to need anything quite so advanced, judging by a recent visit to my neighbour by two burley gentlemen who had a key to his van, and proceeded to unlock it in order to remove the instrument cluster and ignition switch.

I can’t tell you how grateful to them for leaving the unsightly thing there to rust, rather than just towing it away...

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 MkIV