closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Right priced?

  1. #1

    Right priced?

    Hello guys,
    Thinking a lot about this....limited edition of 388 ,year 2018
    No papers....
    The link : https://m.olx.ro/oferta/panerai-radi...s-IDcOfQY.html

    Please advice

    Thank you
    Marius

  2. #2
    Anyone?Any thoughs?
    Please help !
    It just stole my heart...but I am a bit surprised about this being a full set without papers.....

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    2,944
    Have they said why there are no papers with the watch?
    Nothing against the seller who I do not know, but I wouldn't rush into this before you've got it properly checked out to ensure you are 100% happy before proceeding. Hindsight is always a wonderful thing and that's a lot of money. Would they be prepared to have the watch authenticated?
    Alternatively are there any others for sale with papers etc from other reputable sources.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Have they said why there are no papers with the watch?
    Nothing against the seller who I do not know, but I wouldn't rush into this before you've got it properly checked out to ensure you are 100% happy before proceeding. Hindsight is always a wonderful thing and that's a lot of money. Would they be prepared to have the watch authenticated?
    Alternatively are there any others for sale with papers etc from other reputable sources.
    The seller said that he will accept any tests and/or authentification.
    Sadly....no other for sale ....only two on chrono24 and 30-40% more expensive
    I will ask why the papers are not around

  5. #5
    Craftsman Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    990

    Right priced?

    That seems like a very good price for one of those. Iíd try and do some homework on the seller because that feels almost to good to be true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andyp1973; 15th January 2020 at 21:31.

  6. #6
    Craftsman Andyp1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    990

    Right priced?

    Deleted

  7. #7
    Apprentice alexdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Firenze, Italy
    Posts
    6
    A contemporary watch without the complete kit, for me, remains where it is. I advise not to buy it. Dominate the monkey on the shoulder and wait for a safer purchase.

  8. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    204
    The price is suspiciously too good to be true...

    Even without B&P (it still has the B) I donít think the price should dip this low...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    The price is suspiciously too good to be true...

    Even without B&P (it still has the B) I don’t think the price should dip this low...
    Exactly my thought!
    Let suppose that I meet the seller and have the watch authentificated as original by a private watchmaker.
    Is there any method to check if the watch didn't fall from the back of a lorry....sort of saying?
    I mean ....an email to Panerai or .....any other organization that might keep trace of ....missing watches?
    Sorry for asking but it's a big value and I cannot risk such things

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    278
    I have never tried but I believe you can register with the Art Loss Register and pay a fee 5-10pounds to search the serial number.

    If itís a theft or insurance job it might be listed there but itís not guaranteed as proof it wasnít stolen in the past.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    I have never tried but I believe you can register with the Art Loss Register and pay a fee 5-10pounds to search the serial number.

    If itís a theft or insurance job it might be listed there but itís not guaranteed as proof it wasnít stolen in the past.
    Good to know
    That is only for UK?

  12. #12
    WTF guys?
    I am meeting the seller on Thursday....I am afraid as f..k.
    Why are these guys still at large?

    http://www.susanreviews.com/category/panerai/page/2/

    https://www.ukreplica.co.uk/product/pan ... blue-dial/

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    WTF guys?
    I am meeting the seller on Thursday....I am afraid as f..k.
    Why are these guys still at large?

    http://www.susanreviews.com/category/panerai/page/2/

    https://www.ukreplica.co.uk/product/pan ... blue-dial/
    The thing is when buying watches if your uncomfortable in anyway you need to buy from a shop rather than buy from private guy.
    Panerai fakes are really good so if had doubts would rather keep my money

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bokbok; 20th January 2020 at 13:10.

  14. #14
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    191
    The full set means a great deal to me when buying used.I tend to think a little more money for a full set is worth it.But always check out the seller.

  15. #15
    Journeyman Jo Hande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Belgium-Greece
    Posts
    57
    For this price and no papers .... suspicious ...
    My advice: if no real authentication/origin from Romenia, don't do it.

  16. #16
    Master DeepThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    WTF guys?
    I am meeting the seller on Thursday....I am afraid as f..k.
    Why are these guys still at large?

    http://www.susanreviews.com/category/panerai/page/2/

    https://www.ukreplica.co.uk/product/pan ... blue-dial/
    Holy shit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    7,794
    If you are uncomfortable then donít do it. At the end of the day itís only a watch.

  18. #18
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    10,240
    I would also say don't do it. It sounds too risky for a private transaction. It would be a different matter if it was one of the big grey dealers in a bricks and mortar establishment that you could go back to in the event of any issues. Chances are when you have parted with your money the seller will suddenly become impossible to get hold of.

    Also, who is authenticating the watch. Could you imagine trotting into a well known high street AD with a second hand watch and you show it to a sales person in a suit and ask them if it's genuine - good luck with that.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 20th January 2020 at 16:39.

  19. #19
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,954
    Blog Entries
    2
    Offer 6150 euro on the condition they have it serviced by Panerai first.

    Sit back, pour a drink, have a cigar, watch for the cloud of dust as the seller disappears.
    Or, if they agree, there's your verification and you're still paying a decent price for the watch.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Offer 6150 euro on the condition they have it serviced by Panerai first.

    Sit back, pour a drink, have a cigar, watch for the cloud of dust as the seller disappears.
    Or, if they agree, there's your verification and you're still paying a decent price for the watch.
    This is a f.....ing great idea....this is what I will do.
    Thank you kind Sir

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    This is a f.....ing great idea....this is what I will do.
    Thank you kind Sir
    Guess what?
    I just had a small chat with the seller and he totally agreed with the proposal of having a full service at the local Panerai dealer.
    Moreover, the AD told me that that will only accept for service an original Panerai so....case ...almost closed
    We'll see on Thursday ...
    I'll keep you postat.
    But...as always....another dilema was born
    Not being sure about this one I war loosing around for another Panerai and I find this in Monaco....and the dealer have me a real good deal.....
    What should I do.......?Please advise ...please :)
    Link to the alternative....much safer,cheaper and B&P.... https://www.chrono24.ro/panerai/radi...7860&showAll=1
    Last edited by marius; 21st January 2020 at 19:20.

  22. #22
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,954
    Blog Entries
    2
    The blue panerai is much nicer.
    If its serviced, its good to go for a couple of years and its a great watch at still a decent price, plus you have proof its genuine with the service documents pam will issue if you wish to sell it on.

    are you going to wear the ch24 pam or put the box and papers for it on your wrist? ;-)

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    The blue panerai is much nicer.
    If its serviced, its good to go for a couple of years and its a great watch at still a decent price, plus you have proof its genuine with the service documents pam will issue if you wish to sell it on.

    are you going to wear the ch24 pam or put the box and papers for it on your wrist? ;-)
    Hahahha
    Sensitive advise
    Never thought that a service certificate will count as a prof of autenticity but....it makes sense
    Thanks again
    P.S.: even with gorilla wrist the box wont fit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information