closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Virus Epidemic

Hybrid View

New Virus Epidemic

You may have heard of the new Chinese Coronavirus (an evolved SARS virus) which has spread and caused mass fatalities. It has recently spread to Thailand. We know this because my wife's grandmother in Chiang Mai has just been diagnosed with it (and is sadly unlikely to pull through) and we have literally returned from there a few days ago and spent time with her so will get checked out asap at the doctor. Scary stuff

Journeyman
    Not nice news to receive, I'm sure you will be fine but safer to get checked out.

Very sorry to hear about your wife's grandmother - indeed the flu this season seems particularly strong strain.

However mass fatalities amongst the weak and elderly (and those with compromised immune systems) is common with any flu outbreak

the WHo Statement about this 'chinese coronavirus' https://www.who.int/csr/don/12-janua...irus-china/en/ mentions one fatality so far

Hope no nasty flu takes hold in the UK this year. My mother is 75 now so these things can be the end if particularly vicious

Craftsman
    I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's grandmother, I hope she defies expectations.
    Last edited by SuperVM; 15th January 2020 at 20:34.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    You may have heard of the new Chinese Coronavirus (an evolved SARS virus) which has spread and caused mass fatalities. It has recently spread to Thailand. We know this because my wife's grandmother in Chiang Mai has just been diagnosed with it (and is sadly unlikely to pull through) and we have literally returned from there a few days ago and spent time with her so will get checked out asap at the doctor. Scary stuff
    Hi Ryan
    Try and stay safe!
    Sorry to hear about your family
    Regards
    Tim

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Been reading up on this, pretty scary stuff. Reason I was reading about it is my daughter just came back from Chang Mai a few weeks back so wanted to know as much as possible.

Craftsman
    This is an interesting map, albeit Singapore.

https://sgwuhan.xose.net/