closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pepsi or Batman which is more popular.

Craftsman

Pepsi or Batman which is more popular.

I prefer the Pepsi but in real life , I think the blue / red isn’t as distinct as the blue black.

Only ever seen one Pepsi being worn whilst I’ve noticed a few Batman being worn.

What’s the thoughts of any owners ?

Craftsman
    The premiums on each of these should be a good indication.... but Pepsi I think.

Have a BLNR on oyster. Would rather have a BLRO on oyster. Maybe the BLNR is in better supplier so that's why you see them more?

Pepsi I would have thought. I used to have the Pan Am which is a pepsi with white dial

For my personal taste, the Pepsi. However, I’d take either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I prefer the Pepsi. I really only like the BLNR in bright light, in darker settings the entire bezel as well as the GMT hand appear black.

It depends what you mean by popular. The BLNR has been around for a long time now and has been a big seller for Rolex, The (successful) Estate Agents Rolex of choice and a flippers delight with 1,080 currently being recycled on Chrono 24!

Every grey seems very well stocked with them and prices have softened, indeed the BLNR has led the way downwards in the recent SS Rolex Prof gentle price correction.

The BLRO is currently the more in demand piece if grey market premiums are to be used as a guide. Production of the BLRO seems lower and this has been explained by the fact that the bezel colours are harder to produce and there is a high degree of wastage.

I have recently purchased the BLNR however I would prefer the Pepsi. Its a good job I have one coming :)

Craftsman
    I would love to own one of these watches but for me, the batman would be my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    The BLNR has been around for a long time now and has been a big seller for Rolex, The (successful) Estate Agents Rolex of choice and a flippers delight with 1,080 currently being recycled on Chrono 24!
    Ha, an estate agent I'm viewing houses with has a BLNR on jubilee. Said he sold his BLNR on oyster when he got it.

I’ve had both for a while now. Not sure I will keep them both in the longer term and if one was to go, it would be the BLNR...

I used to own a black GMT2C. I’ve got to say, they do nothing for me now and its one watch I have no desire to reacquire. The square/blocky case shape and bulk just doesn’t appeal any more. I love GMT watches, so I’ve currently got a 216570 Explorer 2..the thinner and less blocky case is slightly more elegant in my opinion.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I used to own a black GMT2C. I’ve got to say, they do nothing for me now and its one watch I have no desire to reacquire. The square/blocky case shape and bulk just doesn’t appeal any more. I love GMT watches, so I’ve currently got a 216570 Explorer 2..the thinner and less blocky case is slightly more elegant in my opinion.
    Massive gmt fan here too! Agreed cases are not as comfy as the pre ceramic ones in my opinion, although I do like this Pepsi on jubilee, think Pepsi gets the nod here but blnr on oyster,

Master
    Pepsi for me too if I had to choose. It's iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Massive gmt fan here too! Agreed cases are not as comfy as the pre ceramic ones in my opinion, although I do like this Pepsi on jubilee, think Pepsi gets the nod here but blnr on oyster,

I agree...think the jubilee looks good. I think it’s the aesthetics of the lugs that look like square shoulders I don’t like.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, the popular answer will be the one with the biggest inbuilt profit!

So no change here then, because I'm waiting for a Pepsi as well.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    Whilst if offered I’d buy a Pepsi (not that I’m on a list wanting one) I have no plans to ever sell my BLNR on oyster. All down to the fact that I personally love blue and black together. Same reason that my James C is not for sale, despite the fact I could use it as a sledge hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
    Whilst if offered I’d buy a Pepsi (not that I’m on a list wanting one) I have no plans to ever sell my BLNR on oyster. All down to the fact that I personally love blue and black together. Same reason that my James C is not for sale, despite the fact I could use it as a sledge hammer.
    My JC DSSD is also staying even if I am fortunate enough to finally get the BLRO this year. I wore it all day yesterday and it was perfectly comfortable.

A little bird at my AD mentioned that one of the two current DSSD offerings may be withdrawn at Baselworld. I suppose it would make sense as they don't really need to be offering two versions of what is a fairly marmite piece.

Much prefer the 126710BLRO Pepsi and have the option to have it on the jubilee OR Oyster. The Jubilee suits it better for me. Due to the classic disease of WIS it may be on SC very soon.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've a BLNR on an oyster and a BLRO on the jubilee.
    Both lovely but I find myself wearing the BLNR 90% of the time.

Also tried the Pepsi on the Oyster. Looked great.

Most popular would imply numbers sold which would be the 116710LN followed by the 116710BLNR.

Most sought after due to hype and lack of availability alongside being the newest and it’s iconic colours is obviously the 126710BLRO.

Personally, I love the 16710LN and have little interest in the others (especially a pink/purple combo). I am not a fan of the multicoloured ceramic bezels or the jubilee. The all black bezel and Oyster bracelet is much more refined and just less busy to my eye. If they released a Coke on an oyster bracelet I might change my opinion and a new all black on Oyster would have me posting my subdate on sales corner. I have also come to appreciate the all black bezel TT that has been discontinued. Cannot really understand why Rolex think customers should only have the GMT function if they are prepared to suffer a multi coloured bezel.
    Last edited by petespendthrift; 14th January 2020 at 12:40.

Pepsi, Hulk, Batman where are these names come from? Americanization?

Journeyman
    Love the 116710LN, The Pepsi looks a bit dull to me, would change my mind if they could get the colours a bit brighter, not seen a batman yet

Craftsman
    Watchfinder recently did a video on the BLRO, specifically about the colouring process of the ceramic bezel on the 126710 and how dull the red looks compared to the aluminium bezel on the 16710.

So for me, I still prefer the style of the Pepsi, but it would have to have the bold colours of the 16710.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 MkIV

Craftsman
    Pepsi just about edges it for me, especially on the jubilee..

I personally prefer the Pepsi to the Batman. I think a Pepsi has to be a decent shade of Red. The Tudor Pepsi was much too dark for my tastes. I saw one in a shop window and it looked so dark that it looked more like a Coke than a Pepsi.

Journeyman
    Pepsi on jubilee for me, and the premiums indicate the same.

I really want one, however I have been waiting since launch with no joy, and I can't justify £13k plus....

Blog Entries
    Just to throw a curve ball in to the GMT equation. What do people see the CHNR fitting into this set?

Martyn

Well I own a CHNR picked up in June this year and I really enjoy it, such a warm and rich colour palette, but I feel it is a more dressy option for evening wear and I prefer SS for the rest of the time, just my opinion of course

Craftsman
    I think the BLRO is the more popular watch and a few of my friends have their names down for one, but none for the BLNR. I can never make up my mind which I prefer, but I already have a BB GMT, so it would probably be the BLNR. I think both are lovely though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Well I own a CHNR picked up in June this year and I really enjoy it, such a warm and rich colour palette, but I feel it is a more dressy option for evening wear and I prefer SS for the rest of the time, just my opinion of course

The only one I haven't seen in the flesh, it is certainly an interesting option.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Just to throw a curve ball in to the GMT equation. What do people see the CHNR fitting into this set?

Martyn
    Not particularly keen on that model for the reason I’m not a person who suits brown according to my wife , but however the rose gold model is a thing of beauty at the risk of contradicting myself.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Martyn
    I love these.

How does the waiting list compare to the steel versions?

It was 2 - 3 months earlier this year via DMR.

RRP has risen to £11,800 now, went up £1k in the recent round of increases! That might reduce demand but you never know with Veblen goods.

Ah yes thank you. I’ll have to get saving!

Craftsman
    BLNR for me, granted I do have one aswell. I’d rather have the CNHR over a BLRO aswell..

Craftsman
    I prefer the Pepsi ( biased as I have one)

Pepsi prices holding stronger prefer it looks better batman looks same as old one just on jubilee

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk