closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shell cordovan straps

Journeyman

Shell cordovan straps

Hello and good afternoon all,
    Does anyone know of a good UK-supplier of shell cordovan straps? JPM being the best-looking (and original?) in my view, but happy to look at alternative brands if they are easier to source. And while i'm asking, does anyone know of good sources of 19mm grey suede straps? I'm looking for one for my Ed White.
    Many thanks indeed.
    John

Craftsman
    Cordovan - ukwatchstrap.co.uk carry fluco; but also can get from german sellers.. fluco also do the Nomos suede (about 25ukp from Germany as unbranded)

.. likely a few other Etsy / home made options if you’re after jpm edge stitched style.

al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    As suggested RIOS and Fluco make good straps and the JPM ones whilst expensive a really well made and with a lacquer type finish.

I have some from all of the above and also have two from Vintage DB that I bought on the Bay. They are made in the US, use horween cordovan and are as good as JPM for 2/3 the price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-made...zcgqywyO78Hdlw

The JPM and Vintage DB straps are soft and fit easily on 19mm lugs......I know that doesn't directly answer the question about the grey strap...

Master
    Depends whether you want flat or padded straps. Personally I think cordovan looks best as a plain, unpadded strap with as little stitching as possible, letting the leather show itself off.

The best ones are the ones from the Hodinkee shop imo. However, a user on here, vekslak, makes them from Horween Shell Cordovan (with the stamp on the reverse and everything) and they're every bit as good.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ordovan-DEALER

I know they’re from abroad but Bulang have a great selection and I’m sure JPM make their straps.

I know them personally and are very good to deal with.

Regards John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk