closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaguar I-Pace vs Tesla Model S LR

Blog Entries

Jaguar I-Pace vs Tesla Model S LR

Chaps,

Well, I think mind is made up and for the first time given the new BIK for EV's from April its back in a company car for me.

Tesla Model 3 Performance was a real option but it is just too small for me, so the Model S moved to the top of the pile until last week when I actually spent some time around the I-Pace, wow. Now trying to sort some time for a test drive but I am sure this will be the route I will go.

I can see the real plus for the Tesla if I were to spend a great deal of time on the road but in reality my days rarely see me doing more then 150 miles with airport runs and trips to see oldest being 200 wish one way.

So, anyone out there currently living with an I-Pace or Model S who can offer experiences and thoughts would be appreciated.

Ta
    Pitch

Interesting thread

I have an iPace on order and work have since made available the Model 3 Performance.

There seem to be pros and cons to both.

Tesla seems to compare to Apple for me. There is products out there that do individual things better (i.e. the quality of the seats and design of the Jaguar) but overall the convenience of the Tesla (with the improved tech and supercharger network) just seems to edge it!

Its interesting that you found the Model 3 small! I have seen both cars but never really paid much attention to the interior space of the Model 3 as it was never an option initially (our work first offered iPace, Golf, Mii, and Ioniq for April Delivery).

Out of interest how does the cost for the 3 cars compare for you?

Blog Entries
    The Tesla charging network is a massive plus at present but the number of model 3’s appearing on the roads daily will just clog em up I think. I also think the M3 will become the new Sierra/Mondeo/3 Series.

Pretty sure I will lease through my business, the M3 is cheapest then I-Pace followed by the MS which is considerably more.

Which model have you opted for?? I am thinking white HSE, black pack, panam roof and 22’s.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    The Tesla charging network is a massive plus at present but the number of model 3’s appearing on the roads daily will just clog em up I think. I also think the M3 will become the new Sierra/Mondeo/3 Series.

Pretty sure I will lease through my business, the M3 is cheapest then I-Pace followed by the MS which is considerably more.

Which model have you opted for?? I am thinking white HSE, black pack, panam roof and 22’s.

Pitch
    Unfortunately we didn't have a choice, it was just the iPace S available (in Yulong White), I think a Model 3 Performance will probably be better specced than a base model iPace!

The iPace and Model 3 are both around the same price for us anyway and I prefer the hatchback boot in the iPace for versatility.

Tesla are rolling out the 250Kw Chargers though! Also the standard autonomy features are much more advanced.

Blog Entries
    The whole Tesla 'thing' is refreshing in a staid motoring world which has not really changed in decades.

Looking forward to the test drive in the Jag and I will follow this up with one in the Model S, but that is going to have to be in a different league to justify the increase in cost.

Did the I-Pace feel swift when you drove it.....

Master
    Went out in a new IPace recently in Amsterdam of all places. It is very quick. Maybe not as quick as the S. But I was seriously impressed. Comfortable seats. Quality fittings. Spacious, even in the back. Some sort of self steering feature that tries to keep you in lane. I am sure the Teslas have better autonomous features but I wouldn't want more autonomy than this personally.

I then jumped into a taxi Model X. Just felt a bit too sci fi to me. Cramped in the back(I was behind the driver), front screens didn't do it for me either.

The I Pace felt like a proper car. Quality car. Haven't considered the whole electric thing until I tried the IPace. Good luck with your test.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    My recommendation (as a Model 3 driver but I’m in Netherlands)

Stick with Tesla.

The tech is far superior, software constantly updating (example - got 5% more power), additional super charger network, service (mobile service to you via the app) if you have any issues, multimedia (Spotify, tunein radio, web, YouTube (handy when your charging)

Some guys in work plumped for the Audi E-Tron lately. It’s smart. Quality is certainly better on the interior - but it’s just lacking.

I think someone also mentioned, like an iPhone....... certainly android works and has some great features. But apple iphone just works, great.

Good luck with your choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moelycrio View Post

Stick with Tesla.

The tech is far superior, software constantly updating (example - got 5% more power), additional super charger network, service (mobile service to you via the app) if you have any issues, multimedia (Spotify, tunein radio, web, YouTube (handy when your charging)

Some guys in work plumped for the Audi E-Tron lately. It’s smart. Quality is certainly better on the interior - but it’s just lacking.

I think someone also mentioned, like an iPhone....... certainly android works and has some great features. But apple iphone just works, great.

Good luck with your choice!

It looks as if Teslas are everywhere here in Holland. That has to do with the mild taxation of electric cars and Tesla has made good use of all the tax loopholes etc. The 3 is really cheap. Tax-wise etc it is comparable with a Polo. The iPace got a bad reputation here for (initially after the introduction) not delivering the mileage that was promised on paper. I don't know how that's nowadays, but it's worth checking the iPace vs the S on that!

We have had an Ipace for three months, excellent car does everything we expect of it, it just works, silent and very comfortable, it does have a tendency to porpoise on bumpy roads but that is probably the weight of the batteries.

We used Grange Jaguar in Brentwood, they were useless.

Craftsman
    in the same boat with bik but I'm waiting for the taycan before i make up my mind the taycan is in the dealers early feb

Quote Originally Posted by moelycrio View Post

Interesting why do you think the E-Tron is lacking? I would recommend driving one. I looked at all of the above and as I don’t do many journeys over 200 miles I chose it. Got a very good deal on lease. The charging is nearly always done at home. But the out of home options are a bit trickier but getting better.

So if you do longer trips I would go Tesla, as the super charger next work is great.

However build and quality the Audi is much better. Although not as quick is still fast. I preferred the higher driving position. It’s also been reliable 8,000 fault free miles. The quality of the interior and the MMI is the best around and as I use sat Nav and other things a lot it was an important aspect for me.

I have two friends with iPaces and both really like them, but the build is not the same quality as the Audi. However they are very pleasant places to be and I think personal preference. However both have niggly issues, one has a squeak and it would drive me mad.

The Tesla’s are amazing with the technology, its great with the self driving and have better battery technology, more miles from the same density. I personally am not so keen on the interior and the driving position. Also I found the seats much less supportive than the Audi’s. Model s was also a lot more on a lease.

Master
    I’ve got an e-tron arriving before the end of the month, again the BIK changes makes it a no brainier running one of these as a company car vs a privately owned or leased ICE car.
    The Teslas aren’t available on our scheme for whatever reason, so the choice was between the ipace and e-tron. For me the e-tron was just so much more practical and I preferred the driving position, visibility out the rear and the build quality. I know it’s not going to be as fast as an I-pace but I’m fine with that. Most of the time I have the family in the car and they don’t like being thrown around too much!
    The 2020 model year e-tron has some useful updates including an extra 15 miles or so of range which brings it pretty close to that of the I-pace now.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Interesting why do you think the E-Tron is lacking? I would recommend driving one. I looked at all of the above and as I don’t do many journeys over 200 miles I chose it. Got a very good deal on lease. The charging is nearly always done at home. But the out of home options are a bit trickier but getting better.

So if you do longer trips I would go Tesla, as the super charger next work is great.

However build and quality the Audi is much better. Although not as quick is still fast. I preferred the higher driving position. It’s also been reliable 8,000 fault free miles. The quality of the interior and the MMI is the best around and as I use sat Nav and other things a lot it was an important aspect for me.

I have two friends with iPaces and both really like them, but the build is not the same quality as the Audi. However they are very pleasant places to be and I think personal preference. However both have niggly issues, one has a squeak and it would drive me mad.

The Tesla’s are amazing with the technology, its great with the self driving and have better battery technology, more miles from the same density. I personally am not so keen on the interior and the driving position. Also I found the seats much less supportive than the Audi’s. Model s was also a lot more on a lease.
    Ah sorry - I meant they are thinking it’s lacking. They have struggled with service help from Audi, charging not working at a lot of locations with communication issues (procedure is backwards of taping card first - then plugging in apparently), the infotainment not as expansive as Tesla.

But then again - it’s new, the charging protocols are perhaps not aligned between fastened/ionity on the fast charging. I have been for a spin myself - it’s nice, but I will stick to the Model 3. It just works and software will only get better with time.

I don’t imagine the Germans will do much with the software on the Audi’s - software is the Germans Achilles heel.

:-)

I read several comparison test of Etron and Ipace, the all concluded the the Jag I a far better car all round.

Master
    I don’t think any of the reviews I read have said the ipace is far better all round, only that on balance the better handling and performance outweigh the superior comfort, build quality and practicality of the etron.
    You really need to test them for yourself though and make your own assessment based on your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Interesting that you found the M3 too small - i test drove both the Tesla & the iPace &, to be honest, I thought the Tesla was more roomy - or at least gave that impression!

I have now ordered the M3 Performance so hope it was the right decision....S & X just too expensive.

Good luck!

Cheers

Paul

Blog Entries
    TBF Paul I have not driven them both just had a good peer. The hatch also suits me better.

Had some amazing BCH quotes which fit the budget with 22”s, air suspension, panoramic roof and black pack included so feel an order is very close now.

Many thanks chaps appreciate all the comments and feedback

Pitch

An interesting video about running an iPace and electric cars in general.

Cheers,
    Gary

I posted this on the other thread, I found it interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH7V2tU3iFc

Blog Entries
    Couple of great vids, ta for sharing.

As said, Tesla all the way for big travelers totally get it, but I can count on one hand how many times I will touch 200 miles in one day and charging at home and work will be my general practice.

Living with an EV is going to be different and everyone associated says plan and plan, which Harry didn’t really do.

There are exceptions to the rule but I am generally seeing those who switch to EV say they will not consider ICE cars again. I am really looking forward to the experience but of course time will tell.

Cheers chaps

Pitch

Master
    The inked vids were very useful. I thing the Tesla M3 may be my next car.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    TBF Paul I have not driven them both just had a good peer. The hatch also suits me better.

Had some amazing BCH quotes which fit the budget with 22”s, air suspension, panoramic roof and black pack included so feel an order is very close now.

Many thanks chaps appreciate all the comments and feedback

Pitch

What were the I-Pace BCH quotes mate?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    What were the I-Pace BCH quotes mate?
    Hi Mate.

£590 ex VAT 9+35, 12,000 pa, solid white with pano roof, 22’s, air suspension and black pack.

Pitch