closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Odd email thing happening

Master

Odd email thing happening

This morning I found I had 20 emails from an American app called ‘Letgo’ it’s a site to sell personal items and the app is not available in the UK from the apps store here.
    The emails were in reply to someone giving away a Sony PlayStation.
    I changed my email password and my email account is linked to my phone number and as far as I can see no one has logged onto my account other than me.
    Now here the odd thing... my App Store app suddenly thinks it’s the American version and a game I play has this evening started displaying prices in dollars.
    What the hells going on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pack your emergency rucksack and flee to New Zealand. Don't wait for the morning, do it now. Thank me later.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Pack your emergency rucksack and flee to New Zealand. Don't wait for the morning, do it now. Thank me later.

^ ^ ^ ^

LOL

Seriously just go into account, settings, currency and change it back to GBP :-)

Or delete the app reinstall and check GBP
    Last edited by Brian; 11th January 2020 at 12:59.

Could it be someone using your email address?

I’m sick of it. I’ve got two americans that keep using my gmail address for their online shopping and website registrations. One is an older lady that I’ve even found on facebook and messaged to tell her when her kitchen items are being delivered and ask politely not to use my email.

Its annoying that not all websites verify your email before adding you to mailing lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Could it be someone using your email address?

I’m sick of it. I’ve got two americans that keep using my gmail address for their online shopping and website registrations. One is an older lady that I’ve even found on facebook and messaged to tell her when her kitchen items are being delivered and ask politely not to use my email.

Its annoying that not all websites verify your email before adding you to mailing lists.
    same here I got signed up to some random italian shopping sites and our emails are very similar - the other party mistyped
    got send a scan of a passport and all sorts....

Master
    Changed my email password and also my Apple ID password which Reset me back to UK settings.
    The emails have stopped but the bogus account is still active as I’m still getting emails directly from the app company.
    I recon the person is accessing the reply emails directly through the app and not my account (so not really a problem for me) but I’m bracing myself for an avalanche of potentially scammed and annoyed people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I wouldn’t be too worried OP. Probably just someone with the same name as you. If your email is your full name.

I love seeing what my American name sake is upto. I’ve had his boarding pass for a number of flights and I did once get tempted to claim the 550quid the Sun newspaper kept insisting they owe me for an opinion piece on the Lib Dem’s coalition government.