closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oyster Perpetual 36 White Grape

Master

Oyster Perpetual 36 White Grape

A late present from my better half turned up in the post yesterday, I had been debating one for these for over a year and was not sure. My wife knowing I could not make up my mind.

Sourced one for me behind my back and I am really impressed and grateful she took the plunge and purchased one for me.

Main reason being I had tried the red grape in 39mm and did not like it as I thought it was to much dial and not proportioned. I next tried the 34 and found it to small, I had dismissed the 36mm as I read about the double batons. But than I kept on seeing the OP 36mm crop up on my threads. I tried on a 3 6 9 blue before Christmas and it was nice but nothing special.

Tried on a white dial whilst in Leeds buying another watch 2 weeks ago and did nothing for me. Put my name down for a white grape and thought nothing of it. Should have realised when my wife looked annoyed at me.

Currently very happy as I am a WIS so there will always be another watch I want.
    So far really chuffed and glad with the wife’s choice which ticks all my needs wears larger than a 36mm which I was surprised at. The batons I don’t even notice and love the look of the dial. As I get older I appreciate more colour variety on my watches.

Here are some quick photos.

Last edited by shoppy; 27th February 2020 at 23:14.

Master
    Looks very nice - what's your wrist size?

Lovely, 36mm is such a classic size. Wear it with pride!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely dial and a perfect size in my opinion. Enjoy!

Master
    Lovely watch and I agree, ideal size.

I don't know why anyone ever has anything bad to say about those double markers, I think they're wonderful, and was deeply tempted by them last year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks perfect and the ideal size for your wrist. Love it & wouldn't mind one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I don't know why anyone ever has anything bad to say about those double markers, I think they're wonderful, and was deeply tempted by them last year.
    +1 - the double batons look fine to me. People have been looking for a good daily 36mm (basically an explorer). This is a nice alternative. Wear in good health!

Also great is the all-but-the-bezel brushing

edit: though I suspect I've forgotten about some polished sides.... (but it is the brushed centre links and lugs that make the big difference imo)
    Last edited by Der Amf; 28th February 2020 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Also great is the all-but-the-bezel brushing
    Oh well observed, that is a nice touch!

Master
    Thank you all for the kind words; it is a lovely watch and am really liking the comfort of the watch can see it fighting with my z blue for my daily wearer.

My wrist size is 6.8” my normal wearers range from 36mm to 43.5mm.
    Last edited by shoppy; 27th February 2020 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words; it is a lovely watch and am really liking the comfort of the watch can see it fighting with my z blue for my daily wearer.
    Be interested to hear how you find the size compared to the bigger z blue - if the smaller is more comfortable over time.

Craftsman
    Lovely looking watch! I've been tempted by the white or black bit I do feel it would be better balanced out by the single batons a 3,6,9. I've tried the 39 on and it just seems to wear really large on my 6.75". I get away with 40 -42 divers due to the bezel balancing them out more.