closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Was there ever a more usless divers watch bezel than found on the SMP?

Threaded View

Was there ever a more usless divers watch bezel than found on the SMP?

I'm bored - working from home here and frustrated beyond belief today (the joys of being surrounded by idiots... but that's another story).

As I work.... I have my 2010 SMP co-axial in front of me on a cloth. Some therapeutic bracelet cleaning has gone on by way of distraction. I've taken the bracelet off to clean all those crevices round the case - routine DNA removal if you like!

One thing that's always struck me is just how utterly USELESS the bezel is on this watch. Its actually a very complex piece if you look at the detail - beautiful in fact - but for its purpose? a 300m diver? I'm a desk diver thank goodness. If I relied on THIS underwater, I'd be in trouble. Cant grip it under any circumstances:

I've turned the bezel so little this past 9 years that in fairness, I think its stiffer than it should be. The watch doesnt get worn much and is probably due a service which will sort this, but this is a posers diver IMO.

Still love it and will never let it go as it was my 40th birthday present from my wife and son - but it really is useless!
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 10th January 2020 at 15:05.