closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 2068

Thread: Formula 1 2020

Craftsman
    Congrats to Mercedes, and see, I told you that they would let the asterisk champion win again soon. Hulk did well too, being dropped in and performing well.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    I respect Lewis' huge talent - although sometimes struggle with his off track manner. However objectively the Mercedes should be winning entry race at the moment, given the other Mercedes failed to finish, then even though he won, I hardly think Lewis is driver of the day. Agree that Hulkenburg did a tremendous job given his lack of experience in that car, and the late call to drive.

Fair enough. All opinions are welcome. However I personally agree with Senna. “Being second is to be the first loser”.

Ref Hulk (a wonderful effort), we should not forget that he replaced SP at Racing Point a few races ago, so does have some experience of the car. As for experience of the track, the last Nurburgring GP was in 2013, (so we had quite a few F1 Nurburgring virgins racing), but the Hulk wasn’t one of them. He raced in 2013 and came 10th. More interestingly in 2013 RG actually came 3rd!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    Congrats to Mercedes, and see, I told you that they would let the asterisk champion win again soon. Hulk did well too, being dropped in and performing well.
    Quite correct, you did say they would “let” LH win, however once again you failed to offer any evidence to support your statement. In fact you could have said that they (whoever “they” are) prevented Williams from winning, and be equally correct.

Do if you really believe that Liberty, F1, FIA, all the other teams and drivers decided to LET LH win. If so wow!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Lovely gesture by Mike S giving Lewis one of his dad’s old helmets. Respect!

Unfortunately Bottas once again demonstrated his inability to withstand pressure. Give him 5 seconds down the road and he is as good as anyone, however like Vettel, put a really good driver on his tail (LH or MV) he is prone to errors.

No idea what going on with Albon, however a P45 is getting ever closer.
    Agree with all that
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Hamilton driver of the day? No chance...he only took the lead due to a Bottas error. And stayed there due to his car strength.

A wonderful achievement nonetheless. Equalling the great MS and a lovely gesture from his son.

This season is over. We really need an F1 shakeup else these wins and titles will become meaningless. Remember Mclaren strength when MS took many wins and titles. We need some competition before this gets stale.

On the driver of the day poll. Ric and hulk did very well. Lec didn't do too bad in an awful car too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Hamilton driver of the day? No chance...he only took the lead due to a Bottas error. And stayed there due to his car strength. .
    Isnt that the bread and butter of racing?

And I’m pretty sure he stayed there as he was faster than max who was in a quicker car

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Isnt that the bread and butter of racing?

And I’m pretty sure he stayed there as he was faster than max who was in a quicker car
    Yes, but your rival making an error does not give you driver of the day.

Starting second, taking the lead when it is given to you and then staying in the lead does not make 'driver of the day'. It was a solid drive by Hamilton yesterday and a great achievement to equal Schumacher's record but it wasn't drive of the day.

I'd go as far as saying that it should be a rarity for the race winner to get DoD unless, of course, someone drives spectacularly to win.

Yes, but your rival making an error does not give you driver of the day.
    Why do you think Bottas made the error? Was it he simply “switched off” whilst leading a GP or it was a lapse in concentration (neither being a good thing at 200mph) or was it because he just seen his 3 second lead being reduced to just over 1 second with Lewis starting to enter the DRS zone. Personally I think it was the pressure being applied simply because LS was consistently lapping quicker.

Plus don’t forget that LH still had to exploit the mistake. Which he did via a nice clean pass around the outside. No wheel banging, no flying body work, no penalties. Something than many other drivers seemed unable to do yesterday

As I have said previously, VB is a fine driver, but he is not a great racer, and that’s the difference between the greats and the also rans. Perhaps this explains why in 73 races for the Mercedes (the dominant race car since 2017) he has only won 8 races. Just eight. LH over the same period (in the same car) has racked up 36. There is a reason for this.

So yes. IMHO, LH was the driver of the day simply because he had to catch and overtake the leader (the only driver to achieve this), saw a 10 second lead get wiped out because of an unnecessary safety car, manage the restart and fend off MV and then keeping it all together to win the race which equalled MS GP wins record - which is something that doesn’t happen every week.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Simply put, because Bottas is not a great driver especially on a Sunday. If we had MV or CLC in that second Mercedes then we could judge a little better...

Of course Hamilton is one of the best drivers that there has been in F1. But he definitely wasn't driver of the day yesterday. He performed as expected in that car, driver of the day is someone who outperforms.

As I have said previously, VB is a fine driver, but he is not a great racer, and that’s the difference between the greats and the also rans. Perhaps this explains why in 73 races for the Mercedes (the dominant race car since 2017) he has only won 8 races. Just eight. LH over the same period (in the same car) has racked up 36. There is a reason for this.
    Just talk to Happyal, I’m sure he’ll tell you exactly why!

Simply put, because Bottas is not a great driver especially on a Sunday. If we had MV or CLC in that second Mercedes then we could judge a little better...

Of course Hamilton is one of the best drivers that there has been in F1. But he definitely wasn't driver of the day yesterday. He performed as expected in that car, driver of the day is someone who outperforms.

But we don’t have MV (who is very good) and CLC (but it’s still to early to judge IMHO) in a Mercedes do we, so that argument is moot. However if your definition of “driver of the day” is the guy who managed to get the best from his car, who took full advantage of the circumstances, drove well, finished the race and won, then LH is your man. If however it’s all of the above, but managed to pulled off a surprise result (rather than win), then that would have been DR (in my book).

Not that it matters.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    According to several news sites: Hulkenberg is talking to Red Bull for a seat next the Max Verstappen. That would certainly lift the Dutch part of the spectators: Hulkenberg being born a stone's throw from the German - Dutch border, makes him Dutch in most fans' eyes; he's very popular here. His Dutch is as good as Verstappen's. That's also the effect of competing in the Dutch-Belgian kart competition from the moment he was able to attend those venues.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    According to several news sites: Hulkenberg is talking to Red Bull for a seat next the Max Verstappen. That would certainly lift the Dutch part of the spectators: Hulkenberg being born a stone's throw from the German - Dutch border, makes him Dutch in most fans' eyes; he's very popular here. His Dutch is as good as Verstappen's. That's also the effect of competing in the Dutch-Belgian kart competition from the moment he was able to attend those venues.
    Would be a very un-redbull signing. Cant help but think they're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 because he nearly had to replace Albon for the Eifel gp

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Would be a very un-redbull signing. Cant help but think they're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 because he nearly had to replace Albon for the Eifel gp

Agree it doesn't seem to match Redbull's ethos and does question why have a junior team if it doesn't provide a steady stream of potential. Sky pundits were suggesting Nico / Sergio to replace Albon; let Albon / Gasly fight it out in the Torro Rosso for a season and then promote the winner (if they want the job after that!).

Agreed. Hulk is a good driver, but there is lots of talent available from within the Redbull drivers programme starting with Gassly (assuming of course he wants to race with Max again). Outside the programme (which would be a huge blow to Horner personally) is Checo, who has a better record that Nico and who might actually be happy to race with Max.

Yuki Tsuroda could be a wildcard.

Friedrich Nietzsche

What a joke to find out Haas will be employing 2 rookie drivers, Mick and Mazepin....

Surely they should out Mick at Alfa with Kimi so that he can learn more... And move Giovinnazi (why is he still in F1???) to Haas with Mazepin or anyone else.

Bizarre call from Ferrari teams, but then again... That seems to be the norm these days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations to Lewis... 92 wins and doubtless many more yet to come.

7th title also looks like it's in the bag, too.

Awesome stuff.

Baby lotion and tissues for the fanboys tonight

Craftsman
    Congrats to Mercedes for another easy victory and beating Schumacher's record. Also good job to Bottas for moving over when ordered, great team player.

This season is done, just give out the silverware and hope for some racing next season.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Baby lotion and tissues for the fanboys tonight
    Oh yeh!!

Magnificent achievement. World Champion at F3, F2, F1 (x7?), world record number of wins, world record number of Poles/Fastest Laps, world record number of Podiums, World record number of points, etc, etc.

Amazing really given it’s ALL because of the car.

But just think how good he could have been if it wasn’t for the tattoos,, earrings/nose stud, dress sense, inability to speak other languages, etc, and lack of super wealthy parents, with a motor racing background, to help open doors, smooth his way and help him win more.

Not The GOAT, but certainly one of the GOATs.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I agree, it’s a fantastic achievement, fan boy or not.

I know he tends to polarise opinions, here and elsewhere but there no denying he has a talent that few will ever emulate.

I loved seeing him and his dad embrace, it was intense and genuine.

Exactly.
    Oh yeh!!

Magnificent achievement. World Champion at F3, F2, F1 (x7?), world record number of wins, world record number of Poles/Fastest Laps, world record number of Podiums, World record number of points, etc, etc.

But just think how good he could have been if it wasn’t for the tattoos,, earrings/nose stud, dress sense, inability to speak other languages, etc, and lack of super wealthy parents, with a motor racing background, to help open doors, smooth his way and help him win more.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Huge achievement - difficult to imagine it happening so soon after Schumacher's dominance. While Lewis polarises public opinion, I sense a more relaxed, authentic Lewis in recent interviews.

Well done Lewis.

The records continue to tumble but to beat your teammate in essentially the same car by nearly 26 seconds takes some doing, especially after a crap 1st lap.

Banned
    Oh yeh!!

and he’s not even done yet, he’s got many years left in him

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Well done Lewis.

The records continue to tumble but to beat your teammate in essentially the same car by nearly 26 seconds takes some doing, especially after a crap 1st lap.
    +1. Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm hearing people suggesting that Lewis Hamilton is the greatest F1 driver of all time.

If you could put Senna, Prost, Schumacher and Hamilton at the peak of their powers in identical cars and got them to race a four-car Grand Prix on the same strategy, Lewis wouldn't only come last. He'd get lapped.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I'm hearing people suggesting that Lewis Hamilton is the greatest F1 driver of all time.

If you could put Senna, Prost, Schumacher and Hamilton at the peak of their powers in identical cars and got them to race a four-car Grand Prix on the same strategy, Lewis wouldn't only come last. He'd get lapped.
    How do you come to that conclusion?

Master

I don't have a view on whether this is true, however why make an provacative post like this? Why attempt to dilute what objectively is a huge achievement?

I've resisted posting in this thread until now but this comment is simply puerile. Hamilton's achievement is to be celebrated and for those who comment that they think he's an arse off-track my question is: how would you know? Do you know him? Have you ever met him? You can disagree with his clothing choices, piercings etc. but he can equally disagree with yours and this is simply opinion. The difference being that most criticising him have not achieved anything like what he has and remain out of the public-eye. Look at your own life and the mistakes you've made that you're damned glad aren't in the public domain.

It's a shame so many can't separate their feelings about his personality/causes from his driving/achievements.

Imagine if he looked/behaved on camera like Jenson. I'd wager 90% of the detractors would celebrate his career, regardless of the team he drove for.

It's a shame so many can't separate their feelings about his personality/causes from his driving/achievements.

Imagine if he looked/behaved on camera like Jenson. I'd wager 90% of the detractors would celebrate his career, regardless of the team he drove for.
    Exactly - Hamilton is his own man and doesn't want to conform to some 'identity' that isn't him. Congratulations to the man, absolute full admiration of him.

And of the comments of putting drivers in the "same car" - F1 has always been as much about the cars and engineering as it is about the driver. Most seem to forget that.

Another great result for Lewis.
    What a lot of his detractors don't seem to want to accept is that, regardless of his 'personality', he wouldn't have achieved what he has unless he was a superb driver and that many of the greats whose records he is breaking were driving what were, at the time, considered to be the best cars.

How do you figure that out? I mean a lap at a typical track is about takes about 80sec. The average race is about 60laps. Therefore to be lapped, LH would have to over 1.4 second a lap slower per lap.

So I am going to call BS. I simply don’t believe that 6/7 times WDC with over 90 race wins and 97 fastest laps is 1.4 slower a lap, than say Prost, who won 4 WDC, scored 51 wins and achieved 41 fastest laps.

Also what does that say about drivers like Max, CLC. They must be really slow because yesterday LH was nearly a lapped both of them.

FYI yesterday LH lapped everyone up to 4th and beat his team mate by 40 seconds. Therefore the only conclusion we can reach is that the rest of the field (including Vettel, Max, CLC, etc must be really really slow).

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I've resisted posting in this thread until now but this comment is simply puerile. Hamilton's achievement is to be celebrated and for those who comment that they think he's an arse off-track my question is: how would you know? Do you know him? Have you ever met him? You can disagree with his clothing choices, piercings etc. but he can equally disagree with yours and this is simply opinion. The difference being that most criticising him have not achieved anything like what he has and remain out of the public-eye. Look at your own life and the mistakes you've made that you're damned glad aren't in the public domain.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    I don't have a view on whether this is true, however why make an provacative post like this? Why attempt to dilute what objectively is a huge achievement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    He is trolling.
    He trolls in the BP, and he is enjoying trolling here.
    In future, don't bite.

How do you figure that out? I mean a lap at a typical track is about takes about 80sec. The average race is about 60laps. Therefore to be lapped, LH would have to over 1.4 second a lap slower per lap.

So I am going to call BS. I simply don’t believe that 6/7 times WDC with over 90 race wins and 97 fastest laps is 1.4 slower a lap, than say Prost, who won 4 WDC, scored 51 wins and achieved 41 fastest laps.

Also what does that say about drivers like Max, CLC. They must be really slow because yesterday LH was nearly a lapped both of them.

FYI yesterday LH lapped everyone up to 4th and beat his team mate by 40 seconds. Therefore the only conclusion we can reach is that the rest of the field (including Vettel, Max, CLC, etc must be really really slow).

Well said, I've never known you to post something I wholeheartedly agree with.
    But as above, don't bite.

Craftsman
    Good news, Damon Hill is now calling Lewis the asterisk Champion, he'll always be remembered for just driving a dominate car.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula...on_420248.html

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...ll/ar-BB1avSwr
    Last edited by Happyal; 29th October 2020 at 21:07.

Good news, Damon Hill is now calling Lewis the Astrik Champion, he'll always be remembered for just driving a dominate car.

Would that be his McLaren (14 wins and his first WDC) or Mercedes (providing his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th 6th and poss 7th WDC), or perhaps his F3 ASM (he only scored 15 wins out of 21 races on his way to WDC) or his F2 ART (in which he only won 5 races out of 21, but still managed a WDC).

Just in case you cannot count that 8, perhaps 9, WDC championships. And that excludes the titles he won at Karts, including the European Champion.

But yes, he will be remembered by the mentally challenged as the bloke who won in the dominate car, unlike the cars driven by Prost, Senna, Lauda, Hill, Schumy and of course Vettel. Nothing at all dominate about them

In all honestly I hope he wins another 100 races, because he needs all those cups to catch your salty tears in.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    What’s Astrik??

And what’s a dominate car??

Good news, Damon Hill is now calling Lewis the Astrik Champion, he'll always be remembered for just driving a dominate car.

Craftsman
    Even Lando now see's him as the asterisk champion, more and more people are seeing him as for what he is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54711481

Even Lando now see's him as the asterisk champion, more and more people are seeing him as for what he is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54711481
    Seeing him as what exactly? The soon to be, world champion for the 7th time?

Wow! Even a moron with an ounce of brains could come to that conclusion, but let me help you out.

There are 5 races remaining in the season, so a maximum of 125 points are available to a driver. Lewis already has a lead of 77 points. So even if he failed to finish the next 3 races, he would still have a 2 point lead (assuming Bottas finished first). If Bottas won all of the next five races. He would finish with 304 points, however if Lewis finished second he would still win because he would finish on 346, so even then could afford a couple of DNFs.

So Bottas’s best hope is that he wins all the remaining races and that LH has quite a few DNFs. Hard to imagine given that LH hasn't had a DNF this season.

In theory, MV can still win, if the Mercedes run into a major reliability issue or the drivers decide to take each other out

So in summary if LH has a 100+ point lead with 4 races to go, 75+ point lead with 3 races, 50+ point with 2 races or 25+ Lead with one race to go then. Then he will win his 7th WDC and tie with the record.

Unless of course the stewards or drivers decide to make it happen, which is very very unlikely.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    What’s Astrik??

Seeing him as what exactly? The soon to be, world champion for the 7th time?

Wow! Even a moron with an ounce of brains could come to that conclusion, but let me help you out.

There are 5 races remaining in the season, so a maximum of 125 points are available to a driver. Lewis already has a lead of 77 points. So even if he failed to finish the next 3 races, he would still have a 2 point lead (assuming Bottas finished first). If Bottas won all of the next five races. He would finish with 304 points, however if Lewis finished second he would still win because he would finish on 346, so even then could afford a couple of DNFs.

So Bottas’s best hope is that he wins all the remaining races and that LH has quite a few DNFs. Hard to imagine given that LH hasn't had a DNF this season.

In theory, MV can still win, if the Mercedes run into a major reliability issue or the drivers decide to take each other out

So in summary if LH has a 100+ point lead with 4 races to go, 75+ point lead with 3 races, 50+ point with 2 races or 25+ Lead with one race to go then. Then he will win his 7th WDC and tie with the record.

Unless of course the stewards or drivers decide to make it happen, which is very very unlikely.
    Statto, you do need to get out more.....much much more.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Statto, you do need to get out more.....much much more.
    Go for a spin to the end of his drive, maybe?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    And 😂

Thats Asterix.

But I like stats. They represent facts, which I find much more interesting than boring bigoted opinion.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Carlsberg doesn’t do irony. But if it did...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Just look at this guy...walking into Imola.

Just look at this guy...walking into Imola.
    Poor dog.