TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 2068

Thread: Formula 1 2020

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    it was an A35.
    WOW!!! I bet dads all over the place locked up their daughters...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    With respect, can I suggest that you take these comments to the Bear Pit
    +1

This is Eddie's shop window.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    +1

This is Eddie's shop window.
    And he could do without unsubstantiated claims being posted.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I wasn't aware of this, can you provide links to information about it please?

Edit (at 11:53.22), in the Bear Pit if it's not acceptable in the G&D.
    James Hunt was a legend, but not just for his racing, which is perhaps while he is idolised by Kimi. Just an example of some of his antics https://www.auto123.com/en/news/sex-...es-hunt/34014/

Plus I was lived only a few miles from his house in Wimbledon, so got hear lots of gossip about his private life.

Different times, but imagine the outrage if a current F1 driver behaved like this today.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Oy, Andy! Go and post in the F1 bear pit thread. We need to know if you are banned from the pit or not.

I was banned about 9 months ago (still no idea why), but haven’t asked to be reinstated, because life’s to short.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    James Hunt was a legend, but not just for his racing, which is perhaps while he is idolised by Kimi. Just an example of some of his antics https://www.auto123.com/en/news/sex-...es-hunt/34014/

Plus I was lived only a few miles from his house in Wimbledon, so got hear lots of gossip about his private life.

Different times, but imagine the outrage if a current F1 driver behaved like this today.
    DELETED.

Edit: as Ralphy says above, unsubstantiated claims, so I'm not repeating them.
    Last edited by Foxy100; 22nd September 2020 at 10:52.
    "A man of little significance"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    DELETED
    Which is relative and even then only within a cultural context.
    And... gossip... beejeezus; it is beyond my comprehension that one would have that the base of a judgemental opion, never mind writing that on a public bit of the internet!
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 23rd September 2020 at 11:04.

DELETED.

Edit: as Ralphy says above, unsubstantiated claims, so I'm not repeating them.
    If you consider claims made by Patrick Head, Max Mosley and Lord Hesketh to be unsubstantiated then fair enough.

But are we going to apply the same rules to all the other “unsubstantiated claims” made on the forum?

Friedrich Nietzsche

Formula 1 2020

If you consider claims made by Patrick Head, Max Mosley and Lord Hesketh to be unsubstantiated then fair enough.

But are we going to apply the same rules to all the other “unsubstantiated claims” made on the forum?
    We’re the claims made by Patrick Head, Lord Hesketh and Max Mosley substantiated? Or are they somehow more valid just because they made them?

And lets not forget that Mosley left under the cloud of a sexual scandal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    ...which is established and well substantiated
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

A claim is just that: a claim.

Just because somebody claims something doesn't make it substantiated or unsubstantiated, it is proof or evidence that makes the difference.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    ...which is established and well substantiated
    And photographed to IIRC

Then published in a national newspaper. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Then published in a national newspaper. 藍
    And dragged through the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    The old, anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot. I've been respectful here, not called anyone any names, been very polite with people and explained why I think what I do when asked.

For this, I've been called all sorts of different names here, including raciest. I'm just trying to talk about F1, can we stop with the name calling and get back to talking about F1.
    I think you'll find Lewis Hamilton is raciest at the moment : winkskull:

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    A claim is just that: a claim.

Just because somebody claims something doesn't make it substantiated or unsubstantiated, it is proof or evidence that makes the difference.

R
    Even when some of the “claims” are made by his own son? Interesting.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Of course, anyone can claim anything about anybody, does it make it true?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Yes.

Interestingly.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    We’re the claims made by Patrick Head, Lord Hesketh and Max Mosley substantiated? Or are they somehow more valid just because they made them?

Eye witness accounts from people who where actually there and knew Hunt personally, so they certainly have more creditability than any of us.

As for Mosley, I imagine he has many stories he could tell, but which are unlikely to see the light of day until his death. Son of Oswald, Barrister, Racing Driver, F1 Team owner (March), helped Launch NCAP, FIA President, Husband (Still), Father, Labour Party donor and S&M aficionado. As for the Sex scandal. The News of World were sued by Mosley for invasion of privacy and they lost to the tune of £60k. He didn’t actually do anything illegal.

He who is without sin......

Friedrich Nietzsche

Who said anything about Mosley doing anything illegal?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Who said any of us had 'creditability' - or even credibility - compared to anyone else?

R

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Who said anything about Mosley doing anything illegal?
    No one, however the use of the word “Scandal“, can sometimes be interpreted as illegal, which this wasn’t.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Really? I think you are really clutching at your straw man there Andy.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Who said any of us had 'creditability' - or even credibility - compared to anyone else?

R
    Yawn, but I will play.

Credibility is simply the quality of being trusted and believed, however I accept that it’s an individual‘s opinion based upon their own personal factors. So for example you may have credibility, in say the field of underwater photography - trusted and believed, however it’ unlikely you would have the same amount of credibility, if the topic was for example, brain surgery.

Now given the topic is F1, then personally I prefer to “trust and believe” those who were/are actually involved on a day to day basis over those who were not, especially if it’s supported by Eye witness quotes, books and media articles. If you the other hand prefer “trust and believe” those that weren’t, or require swore testimony, supported by photographic or forensic evidence to make something real, then fine, good for you.

Anyway we digress. In other news I read that Jean Todt, is going to be replaced by another ex-Ferrari man. Yeah! But please note this was “claimed” by the BBC, so shouldn’t be taken as gospel until it’s verified by the FIA and the individual involved.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Really? I think you are really clutching at your straw man there Andy.
    I’m not clutching at anything. I was simply responding to “And lets not forget that Mosley left under the cloud of a sexual scandal”, but pointing out that he did nothing illegal.

Friedrich Nietzsche

I’m not clutching at anything. I was simply responding to “And lets not forget that Mosley left under the cloud of a sexual scandal”, but pointing out that he did nothing illegal.
    You're the only one who equates scandal with illegal.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Anyway we digress.
    YOÚ derailed the thread Andy by putting your heresay´founded´ small minded judgement about Mr. Hunt on a public part of the internet.
    Just admit you were wrong in doing so and thén we can move on.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    DELETED.

Hat´s off. I will edit your quote too.

Still, in this perspective it is imo important to point out the problem of moral values attached to words.
    ´Promiscuous´ is already on the sliding scale.
    For one many think it a moraly bad thing, a negative term.
    Secondly the definition is problematic: ´having sex with a lot of different partners´. See the issue? What is ´a lot´ and a lot itself is attaching judgemental value.
    My point is that ANYWHICH between conscenting adults is beyond judgement.
    Well, AND it has nothing to do with the quality of driving....

Master
    Wow what a borefest this thread has become, petty squabbles over Hamilton's stats and now some arguing over the 70's behaviour of James Hunt.

Can we bring this thread back to discussing the weekend's racing please and the rest of you head off to the Bear Pit to be as pedantic as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Wow what a borefest this thread has become, petty squabbles over Hamilton's stats and now some arguing over the 70's behaviour of James Hunt.

Can we bring this thread back to discussing the weekend's racing please and the rest of you head off to the Bear Pit to be as pedantic as you like.
    We have.

R

Am I really, or are you simply making unsubstantiated claim, without any evidence to support it. In which case tut tut.

To quote the great creepy “Just because somebody claims something doesn't make it substantiated or unsubstantiated, it is proof or evidence that makes the difference”.

So unless you can offer proof/evidence, I respectfully suggest you stop your petty personal attacks and stick to the topic in hand.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Am I really, or are you simply making unsubstantiated claim, without any evidence to support it. In which case tut tut.

To quote the great creepy “Just because somebody claims something doesn't make it substantiated or unsubstantiated, it is proof or evidence that makes the difference”.

So unless you can offer proof/evidence, I respectfully suggest you stop your petty personal attacks and stick to the topic in hand.
    No one, however the use of the word “Scandal“, can sometimes be interpreted as illegal, which this wasn’t.
    You can interpret any word any way you like, but no one had suggested anything illegal in MM's actions (unlike you about JH) before you brought the two words in the same sentence, thus establishing a direct correlation.

I'll leave you to drown in the double irony of "personal attacks" ('the great creepy') and 'stick to the topic in hand' while I indeed go back to a thread where we can discuss and learn about the current Formula one season.

You can interpret any word any way you like, but no one had suggested anything illegal in MM's actions (unlike you about JH) before you brought the two words in the same sentence, thus establishing a direct correlation.

I'll leave you to drown in the double irony of "personal attacks" ('the great creepy') and 'stick to the topic in hand' while I indeed go back to a thread where we can discuss and learn about the current Formula one season.

Hang about, you claimed
    But rather than provide the proof/evidence to support YOUR “the only one” statement, you have now tried to create a link to something I wrote in a previous post in which I clearly identified that illegal and scandal did not necessarily correlate.

On the topic of JH, can you actually point out anything that suggested JH had acted illegally. I said he was a someone who used his profile to exploit women, but that isn’t illegal in itself and to my knowledge was never accused of any wrong doing in that respect other than his wife gaining a divorce on grounds of adultery He was however fined for assaulting a marshal and arrested for array, but these charges were dropped.

Friedrich Nietzsche

To quote the great creepy... I respectfully suggest you stop your petty personal attacks...
    Priceless.

R

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Domenicali as Liberty F1 boss is not going to see the mid field on equal foot with Ferrari any time soon....

Master
    The way things are going Ferrari may have to improve to compete with the mid field?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    The way things are going Ferrari may have to improve to compete with the mid field?
    Ouch

Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Which makes the money thing only móre surreal.

Very exciting qualifying today, especially the drama in Q2, with Ferrari seeing another car written off (the scrap bin in Modena must be busting with bits and pieces), the session being red flagged and LH nearly getting knocked out As a result The fact that LH could “park” this in his mind and then beat his team mate in Q3 by 0.7 sec, perhaps explains why he is heading for another WDC.

Excellent show again by Russel to get out of Q1, and MV for splitting the Mercedes. DR looked good as did SP. Not sure what Tracing point must be thinking when their two 2021 drivers faired so badly, although in fairness to LS, his problems were car related.

With LH having to start on the Softs (as a result of the Vettel incident) and MV/VB on the mediums, it should make it an interesting race. If LH can get into the first corner leading, I imagine he will build a lead simply because MV and VB will be falling over each other. An early safety car could be a bonus for LH, which would make a pleasant change, assuming it doesn’t close the pit entry.

Friedrich Nietzsche

2 x 5 second penalties for Lewis for practice start violations.

Daniel Ricciardo on being told of a 5s time penatly..."my bad, I'll make it up."

What a difference...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Daniel Ricciardo on being told of a 5s time penatly..."my bad, I'll make it up."

What a difference...
    ^^^ this^^^

Craftsman
    Congrats to Mercedes again today, a little bump in the road for the asterisk champsion, but he'll be given the win soon enough.

Not much more to say about this race.

Banned
    Blog Entries

What a difference...
    Quite

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    2 x 5 second penalties for Lewis for practice start violations.

This is LH 4th penalty this year. Speeding under yellows during qualification (3 grid places) - pointed out by RBR and applied after qualifying had ended. The Albon incident, with him blamed for Albons off. (5 seconds). The Pit entry incident (which has been done to death), which cost him a win (10 second stop/go).

And now this. No other driver (no matter how bad they are) have got anything like these penalties this year. In fact in 2020 LH has currently one point less than he got in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 combined. He now has 12.

By contrast, Vettel for example, had 24 points between 2015-19, but so far hasn’t got any this season. MV had 23 points during the same period and hasn’t received any this year either.

It is was it is, however it is starting to get a bit of a whiff about it, especially when it seems CLC can punt other drivers into the wall and it be deemed a racing incident.

As for the Race, good job by VB, MV, DR SP and LH (especially managing to get a podium in difficult circumstances). The turn 2 penalties were fair, especially given its was made very very clear to the drivers during practice, Qualifying and prior to the race.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Congrats to Mercedes again today, a little bump in the road for the asterisk champsion, but he'll be given the win soon enough.

Friedrich Nietzsche

For those interested. From the Race Directors Event Notes.

19 Practice starts19.1 Practice starts may only be carried out on the right-hand side after the pit exit lights and, for the
    avoidance of doubt, this includes any time the pit exit is open for the race.
    Drivers must leave adequate room on their left for another driver to pass.
    19.2 For reasons of safety and sporting equity, cars may not stop in the fast lane at any time the pit exit is open without a justifiable reason (a practice start is not considered a justifiable reason).

Friedrich Nietzsche

What a difference...
    The difference is the penalty cost Ricciardo a minor placing position not the win. Daniel was certainly a lot less gracious when his pit crew cost him the win at Monaco a few years back, he was moaning about them for weeks afterwards.

Show me a driver who doesn't complain when a penalty costs him the win and I'll show you a loser.

Says the asterisk poster.

*troll