Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
Err? On what basis have you come to that conclusion? Also you are wrong. Button beat Hamilton during their 2012 season at McLaren

However Nico was better that Bottas, who really pushed Hamilton between 2013 to 2016, but Nico only managed to actually beat him in 2016, because of Hamilton’s DNF at Malaysia (whilst LH was leading) and then by only 5 points. Nico was a great driver, but the simply fact (and you might hate this) is that Hamilton is better and more consistent over the 40 races they had together. Which perhaps Nico understood and why he quit at the end of the season, rather than trying again at an inferior team.

I have zero doubt that if Russell was to join Mercedes, a) Hamilton would be happy to work with Russell, b) they would be allowed to race, c) Hamilton would beat him(at least for a couple of seasons, simply because he has more experience of winning. If you have any evidence to suggest otherwise then please share.
Why would I hate it? I'm a huge Hamilton fan. He would damage Russell in the same way he's harmed Bottas, by being on a totally different level overall. Much like Verstappen at red bull, being his teammate is not a good environment for a young driver.

And no, I'm not wrong, you simply didn't read/understand what I posted. He's the only teammate to beat Hamilton over a season when it mattered. When button finished above him in 2011 (not 2012 as you incorrectly stated), Vettel ran away with the title, it was a one horse race. When he's been in the title race, only Rosberg has finished above him.