closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 2,051 to 2,068 of 2068

Thread: Formula 1 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I thought you might at least give us the benefit of wisdom regarding FP1 and 2, but alas not. In fact just your boring trolling, but at least true to form.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    ...and back on ignore you go. Unimpressed by your 'spin' on driving.
    Silly of me to engage I suppose.
    Will you two just get a room and either root yourselves senseless or sod off polluting this thread with your incessant bickering?

Thank you.

Super qualification by Max today. Absolute monster.

Should be an interest start tomorrow especially with Hamilton in 3rd and Bottas in 2nd. I just hope they all make it around the first lap tomorrow so we can see some serious wheel to wheel racing. Norris and Albon will add a bit of spice.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Super qualification by Max today. Absolute monster.

Should be an interest start tomorrow especially with Hamilton in 3rd and Bottas in 2nd. I just hope they all make it around the first lap tomorrow so we can see some serious wheel to wheel racing. Norris and Albon will add a bit of spice.
    Lewis and Valteri take each other out at start, Red Bull 1-2 with Norris third.............That would be perfect. Oh and George well into the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve27752 View Post
    Lewis and Valteri take each other out at start, Red Bull 1-2 with Norris third.............That would be perfect. Oh and George well into the points.
    Its a thought I suppose.

More likely Lewis overtakes Max on the first lap, Bottas has another miserable start and drops down to 5th. Norris then takes Max out by “sending it”up the inside, then Albon and Norris take each other out, before opening 2nd place up to Bottas again (who does very little, whilst complaining about something) and Stroll nicking the 3rd spot on the podium.

But just remember, if Max wins tomorrow, it’s a superb drive by a brilliant driver, but if Lewis wins from 3rd, its because “it’s the car”

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    I thought it was good news all round (apart from George ). Max on pole (well Deserved), Valterri in 2nd (he needs it; and a good race result, to boost his confidence), and Lewis in 3rd (great achievement after over a week off due to COVID imho). I think it opens up the race. I also think they are in the correct order as:
    1) Max generally has the car with the worst race pace out of the 3.
    2) Valterri has the least confidence in overtaking (but I think the Merc has more out and out race race pace).
    3) Best car overall on the grid (with Valterri), and probably best overall on overtakes, so in with a shot for the win.

So long as they are clean; we could be in for a good race.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    I thought it was good news all round (apart from George ). Max on pole (well Deserved), Valterri in 2nd (he needs it; and a good race result, to boost his confidence), and Lewis in 3rd (great achievement after over a week off due to COVID imho). I think it opens up the race. I also think they are in the correct order as:
    1) Max generally has the car with the worst race pace out of the 3.
    2) Valterri has the least confidence in overtaking (but I think the Merc has more out and out race race pace).
    3) Best car overall on the grid (with Valterri), and probably best overall on overtakes, so in with a shot for the win.

So long as they are clean; we could be in for a good race.
    It should be good. My one concern is that given this is the last race of the season, Redbull might have turned the wick up on the engine and have it in a very aggressive mode. In which case Max might do really well or simply vanish in a puff of smoke, literally.

In other news, I saw DC tell Hamilton that BRDC have announced that the Start Finish straight at Silverstone will be named the Hamilton Straight. A great gesture, which genuinely seemed to shock Hamilton.

A fitting tribute for a 7 times British WDC.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Hamilton's cleary not 100% fit.

In other completely unrelated news Max gets the first non Mercedes pole of the year.

Firstly many congratulations to Max for converting his pole.Great result for Albon (who needed it) and well done to Mclaren, who secured 3rd place in the championship. The Mercs looked as if they had already started there holidays, especially Lewis.

The real stand out performance in my eyes was Danny R. A massive stint on his first set of tyres, gaining a bit of track position and then setting fastest lap on his mediums.

Alas as a race/spectacle , it was perhaps the worse of one season, which was a shame really because I mostly thought 2020 was excellent entertainment. Others may of course have a different opinion.

Not long until Australia in March 2021.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Just a thought.

Given the points difference between Max and Bottas in the WCC at the start of the race, just 16 points, is it possible that Mercedes simply nursed the PU/MGUK, and that Lewis didn’t go after Bottas because as the result stood (even with Max winning) Bottas would still get 2nd in the WCC.

If Mercedes had raced, and something bad happened, resulting in Bottas finishing more than 17 points behind Max, then it would have prevented a Mercedes WCC one/two.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Err...WDC?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Err...WDC?
    Indeed. Just checking

Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    I just heard that MV has now (in total) 10 GP victories and Bottas 9. I always assumed that Bottas had a lot more!

Menno

Indeed. Just checking
    What? Your spelling? You should do that more often!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    What? Your spelling? You should do that more often!

Still happily playing the man then.

And a Merry Christmas to you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I just heard that MV has now (in total) 10 GP victories and Bottas 9. I always assumed that Bottas had a lot more!

Menno
    Bottas numbers aren’t great especially as his last 4 years have been spent in a Merc.

Max’s is pretty consistent 2-3 per season since joining RedBull, where as Bottas scored 4 in 2019 and zero in 2018 and only 2 in 2020. Perhaps this illustrates how inconsistent Bottas has been.

Vettel for example, joined Ferrari in 2015, but still achieved 14 wins, even though he failed to score a single win in 2016, 2020.

Friedrich Nietzsche

I am wrong . Looks as if Redbull have thrown another driver under the bus and signed Perez for 2021.

I hope that Sergio can live with the expectations (and Max), but I feel it will become another Max/Webber drama unless Sergio is fully onboard.

We shall see. One thing for certain is that Redbull Young Drivers programme is a bit meh!

Friedrich Nietzsche

Hamilton getting a knighthood in the new years honours.