Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 2068

Thread: Formula 1 2020

Craftsman
    One of the better races this season

Was that racing? Crawling round on sub standard tyres

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    i must be psychic :D

But isn't it so much better when they are racing for a win, much more exciting.
    How, just how do you arrive at that conclusion when BOTH drivers were told in the last few laps that they were free to race, but make sure they give each other room. Lewis was on much fresher tyres than Valtteri and he IS the better driver, so yes he overtook, but at no time at all was Valtteri told to let him pass.
    For god sake let it go.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Was that racing? Crawling round on sub standard tyres
    I wouldn’t of said so, seems like a slow and steady decline of f1 to me

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I wouldn’t of said so, seems like a slow and steady decline of f1 to me
    So F1 tyres didn't wear in the "good old days"? Some people will never be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Eh? What do you think the national anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is?
    Had they said the United Kingdom of Great Britain and NI, then no problem. Had they said the United Kingdom, then not problem, Had they said the British anthem, then no problem, although the Scots and Welsh might have had something to say Alas they didn’t. They twice talked about “Great Britain“, which I believe is the name to describe the big island, which comprises most of England, Wales and Scotland and which forms part of British Isles which includes the islands known as Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of White, etc.

It’s a small point but it annoys me, because it demonstrates ignorance of our own country and I expect better from the BBC, but least they didn’t call it the English National Anthem

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Had they said the United Kingdom of Great Britain and NI, then no problem. Had they said the United Kingdom, then not problem, Had they said the British anthem, then no problem, although the Scots and Welsh might have had something to say Alas they didn’t. They twice talked about “Great Britain“, which I believe is the name to describe the big island, which comprises most of England, Wales and Scotland and which forms part of British Isles which includes the islands known as Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of White, etc.

It’s a small point but it annoys me, because it demonstrates ignorance of our own country and I expect better from the BBC, but least they didn’t call it the English National Anthem
    But, it is the English national Anthem........When ever we have a sporting event, rugby for instance. Scotland, Wales etc all play there own bit of music. What do us poor English fans get? The boring and dreary National Anthem!

You must be furious hearing the national anthem when Great Britain win an Olympic gold. I know I am.

Good race, and a great drive by MV. However very disappointed with Bottas, who once again seem very capable of driving, but not racing. He had a great opportunity to go after MS after the final pit stops and didn’t/couldn’t. LH demonstrates how quick the Mercedes was on fresh rubber when he set the fastest lap time, then passed CLC and the Bottas.

Good drive by CLC and Albon who recovered well. Norris once again beat CS (what were Ferrari thinking) and a good performance from both Racing Point cars, but I am sure NH will feel every corner tomorrow.

As an aside, why didn’t Vettel get a penalty for rejoining the track in an unsafe manner following his spin. It didn’t make any difference but people want to see consistency.
    Last edited by Andyg; 9th August 2020 at 16:24.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Steve27752 View Post
    But, it is the English national Anthem........When ever we have a sporting event, rugby for instance. Scotland, Wales etc all play there own bit of music. What do us poor English fans get? The boring and dreary National Anthem!
    Excellent point. However it’s the National anthem for the United Kingdom of Great Britain. I do not believe England has its own National Anthem (unlike the other nations within the UK), so we (The English) have to make do with the National Anthem for the UK.

Friedrich Nietzsche

i must be psychic :D

But isn't it so much better when they are racing for a win, much more exciting.
    You must be something, but it isn’t psychic.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Good race, and a great drive by MV. However very disappointed with Bottas, who once again seem very capable of driving, but not racing. He had a great opportunity to go after MS after the final pit stops and didn’t/couldn’t. LH demonstrates how quick the Mercedes was on fresh rubber when he set the fastest lap time, then passed CLC and the Bottas.
    So clearly Andy you watched the race but didn’t WATCH the race. The Mercs couldn’t look after their tyres as well as the Red Bull. Even after Valtteri and Lewis had fresh hard tyres on they were only matching Max who had much MUCH older hard tyres on. He passed LeClerc and Bottas as he was on much fresher rubber.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Excellent point. However it’s the National anthem for the United Kingdom of Great Britain. I do not believe England has its own National Anthem (unlike the other nations within the UK), so we (The English) have to make do with the National Anthem for the UK.
    It is the official national anthem for Great Britain & Northern Ireland which includes the constituent countries of Wales & Scotland, both of which also have ‘unofficial national anthems’.

England,of course,is part of Great Britain and thus God Save Our Queen is also England’s official national anthem.

Quite.

I thought the hymn Jerusalem was the unofficial anthem of England when a country specific anthem was needed?

But then, as my ma used to say, you know what 'thought' did? Followed a muck cart and thought it was a wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    So F1 tyres didn't wear in the "good old days"? Some people will never be happy!
    I can remember the good old days when sometimes 3-4 Tyre stops were necessary. At least these days when the tire explodes it doesn’t seem throw the car into the Armco.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    How, just how do you arrive at that conclusion when BOTH drivers were told in the last few laps that they were free to race, but make sure they give each other room. Lewis was on much fresher tyres than Valtteri and he IS the better driver, so yes he overtook, but at no time at all was Valtteri told to let him pass.
    For god sake let it go.
    "Free to race" Hahaha, that's a good one, Jeez even when the facts are right in front of you, your love of 1 driver just blinds you.
    Last edited by Happyal; 9th August 2020 at 17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I thought the hymn Jerusalem was the unofficial anthem of England when a country specific anthem was needed?

But then, as my ma used to say, you know what 'thought' did? Followed a muck cart and thought it was a wedding!
    The English seem to have two unofficial anthems. Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory, but I don’t think Jerusalem is considered politically correct these days. Swing low, sweet Chariot is the unofficial Anthem at England Rugby, but that’s not politically correct either 

I believe that MPs started looking at a English Anthem in 2016, so we still have another 20 odd years before they make a decision.
    Last edited by Andyg; 9th August 2020 at 17:21.

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Free to race" Hahaha, that's a good one, Jeez even when the facts are right in front of you, your love of 1 drivers just blinds you.

What about the hate that blinds you?

Haters gonna hate.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    "Free to race" Hahaha, that's a good one, Jeez even when the facts are right in front of you, your love of 1 driver just blinds you.

Master
    I think Lewis is a twat actually. A fantastic driver but a complete cockwomble as a person. The team that I follow is also not Mercedes but Mclaren. But I don’t have the hatred for a team that you seem to have.
    Lewis failed to get passed Bottas into the opening corner as you predicted would happen and then both drivers engineers told them toward the end of the race that they were free to race. But hey, they are full of crap and you know best eh.
    You are a troll, simple as that. You are not a fan of F1 and certainly no fan of any team that dominates due to technical brilliance. I’d love nothing more than to see Mclaren climb back to the top, but I’m not about to moan and whinge every time Mercedes decimate their opponents either.

Master
    Didn't like that late Hulkenberg pit stop!

Craftsman
    I think Lewis is a twat actually. A fantastic driver but a complete cockwomble as a person. The team that I follow is also not Mercedes but Mclaren. But I don’t have the hatred for a team that you seem to have.
    Lewis failed to get passed Bottas into the opening corner as you predicted would happen and then both drivers engineers told them toward the end of the race that they were free to race. But hey, they are full of crap and you know best eh.
    You are a troll, simple as that. You are not a fan of F1 and certainly no fan of any team that dominates due to technical brilliance. I’d love nothing more than to see Mclaren climb back to the top, but I’m not about to moan and whinge every time Mercedes decimate their opponents either.
    I couldn't care less what the drivers are like out of the cars, they are F1 drivers, they are all selfish idots. It comes with the territory in my opinion and in some ways makes them better drivers.

I never said Bottas would let him past at the first corner, I said he would be forced to let him past. And he was. I don't see that as anti anything, not anti Lewis, or anti Mercedes. It's just stating the fact that Mercedes clearly have a No.1 driver. "Clear to race" is ridiculous, one of them has just come of the pits on fresh tires, that radio was obviosuly, 1. for the TV audience, and 2. a clear signal for Bottas to play nice.

I'm a huge fan of F1 and racing, I have always loved the competetion of it, the cut and thrust, and the challenge. But hey, I disagree with a few, very loud, posters here so I must be a troll. No one else is allowed a different opinion, nope, he must be a troll.
    Dominance due to techinal brilliance is fine, but at the end of the day it's an entertainment product, and the product at the moment is terrible. Go out of your bubble and listen to what casual F1 fans say about the current state of it. You think these fans are going to pay to watch the current show? Only people like us, the hard core F1 fans are left watching now, in the past the FIA have taken steps to stop this type of dominance, would you have been happy about 10 years of Ferrari dominance in the 2000's? or how about Red Bull after that? It didn't happen because the FIA stopped it, this time, because of Ross Brawn, they haven't stepped in yet. I think it's time to do so.

Craftsman
    I have been enjoying watching McLaren; with Mercedes power and the DR/LN partnership next year, I’m genuinely excited for them for next season.

So clearly Andy you watched the race but didn’t WATCH the race. The Mercs couldn’t look after their tyres as well as the Red Bull. Even after Valtteri and Lewis had fresh hard tyres on they were only matching Max who had much MUCH older hard tyres on. He passed LeClerc and Bottas as he was on much fresher rubber.
    My point was Bottas had a fresh set of tires at the same time as MV, but was unable to even challenge him within the first couple of laps. In fact he was going slower than MV. When LH got new tires he set the quickest lap time of the race. So clearly for a short period and before the tires went off, the Mercedes was quick. No idea whether it was as quick as the Redbull, but was disappointed that Bottas didn’t try to put MV under more pressure in the first couple of laps after the second pit stop.
    Last edited by Andyg; 9th August 2020 at 19:52. Reason: Typo��

Friedrich Nietzsche

My point was Bottas had a fresh set of tires at the same time as MS, but was unable to even challenge him within the first couple of laps. In fact he was going slower than MS. When LH got new tires he set the quickest lap time of the race. So clearly for a short period and before the tires went off, the Mercedes was quick. No idea whether it was as quick as the Redbull, but was disappointed that Bottas didn’t try to put MV under more pressure in the first couple of laps after the second pit stop.
    MS?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Makes me laugh, when the superior car wins (MB) it’s definitely the car could never be the driver Except when the superior car wins with Verstappen driving it’s the absolutely the man not the car, fantastic drive haha

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    It is the official national anthem for Great Britain & Northern Ireland which includes the constituent countries of Wales & Scotland, both of which also have ‘unofficial national anthems’.

England,of course,is part of Great Britain and thus God Save Our Queen is also England’s official national anthem.

Quite.
    I love this sort of stuff. Great Britain is an island which includes Scotland, Wales and England, but EXCLUDES NI. So it’s not the same as the UK of Great Britain. Agreed?

Plus the island Great Britain is purely a geographic location, so doesn’t have a Nation Anthem, because it’s not a nation. It’s just a big rock which hosts a number of “countries”.

So you can be a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and live in Great Britain, but you cannot be a citizen of Great Britain. You can however be considered British (because you come from Great Britain), or European, because the British Isles are part of Europe.

For more information see https://www.britannica.com/story/wha...united-kingdom.

Regarding Flower of Scotland and Land of our Father I wish you the very best of luck persuading a Scot or Welshman these are NOT their national anthems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    MS?
    Sorry MV.

Friedrich Nietzsche

My point was Bottas had a fresh set of tires at the same time as MS, but was unable to even challenge him within the first couple of laps. In fact he was going slower than MS. When LH got new tires he set the quickest lap time of the race. So clearly for a short period and before the tires went off, the Mercedes was quick. No idea whether it was as quick as the Redbull, but was disappointed that Bottas didn’t try to put MV under more pressure in the first couple of laps after the second pit stop.
    Granted Bottas didn't close the gap to Verstappen however you can't compare the Finn's immediate lap times with Hamilton's as Bottas was racing to the end, Hamilton only had the last 8-9 laps or whatever it was - he could go flat out, Bottas couldn't. I suspect that Bottas couldn't have beaten, or even challenged, Verstappen anyway as the Red Bull plus Verstappen package was, quite simply, better than that of both Mercedes. Barcelona may prove to be a challenge to the Silver Arrows as well, high temperatures plus a circuit known for front left tyre wear may well fall favourable to Red Bull again.

Leclerc raced very well, 4th on a one stop strategy, given the relative performance of Ferrari my driver of the day goes to him rather than Verstappen, though the Dutchman would be a close second. Bottas was understandably miffed at his pole to third step though I don't think he could have done any better given the circumstances, a (typically) faster teammate and a superior RB dealt his hand. Team orders had zip to do with Hamilton getting past him. Vettel's relationship with Ferrari appears to be even more troubled, his "...but you know that you've messed up" are further signs of a crumbling partnership, and Magnussen once again showed himself capable of a "robust" manoeuvre when he nearly took out Latifi, the former's 2 point licence penalty plus his 5sec time penalty thoroughly deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    I have been enjoying watching McLaren; with Mercedes power and the DR/LN partnership next year, I’m genuinely excited for them for next season.
    Ditto.

Master
    I couldn't care less what the drivers are like out of the cars, they are F1 drivers, they are all selfish idots. It comes with the territory in my opinion and in some ways makes them better drivers.

I never said Bottas would let him past at the first corner, I said he would be forced to let him past. And he was. I don't see that as anti anything, not anti Lewis, or anti Mercedes. It's just stating the fact that Mercedes clearly have a No.1 driver. "Clear to race" is ridiculous, one of them has just come of the pits on fresh tires, that radio was obviosuly, 1. for the TV audience, and 2. a clear signal for Bottas to play nice.

I'm a huge fan of F1 and racing, I have always loved the competetion of it, the cut and thrust, and the challenge. But hey, I disagree with a few, very loud, posters here so I must be a troll. No one else is allowed a different opinion, nope, he must be a troll.
    Dominance due to techinal brilliance is fine, but at the end of the day it's an entertainment product, and the product at the moment is terrible. Go out of your bubble and listen to what casual F1 fans say about the current state of it. You think these fans are going to pay to watch the current show? Only people like us, the hard core F1 fans are left watching now, in the past the FIA have taken steps to stop this type of dominance, would you have been happy about 10 years of Ferrari dominance in the 2000's? or how about Red Bull after that? It didn't happen because the FIA stopped it, this time, because of Ross Brawn, they haven't stepped in yet. I think it's time to do so.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I love this sort of stuff. Great Britain is an island which includes Scotland, Wales and England, but EXCLUDES NI. So it’s not the same as the UK of Great Britain. Agreed?

Plus the island Great Britain is purely a geographic location, so doesn’t have a Nation Anthem, because it’s not a nation. It’s just a big rock which hosts a number of “countries”.

So you can be a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and live in Great Britain, but you cannot be a citizen of Great Britain. You can however be considered British (because you come from Great Britain), or European, because the British Isles are part of Europe.

For more information see https://www.britannica.com/story/wha...united-kingdom.

Regarding Flower of Scotland and Land of our Father I wish you the very best of luck persuading a Scot or Welshman these are NOT their national anthems.

You may love this sort of stuff but it appears you still don’t know it.

I can’t be arsed repeating myself in general but perhaps this link to to Encyclopaedia Brittanica might help to start your education? Perhaps pay particular attention to the sentence regarding the oldest national anthem in the world being Great Britain’s “God Save The Queen.”

Thanks for the interesting lesson...in your own words

Ps...I don’t need to persuade the Scottish or the Welsh. God Save The Queen is still the official national anthem of the whole of the U.K but doesn’t mean that each country cannot have an unofficial anthem.

Also...apologies to the F1 fraternity for thread spoiling. I will say no more on the subject.

I missed the race as I was watching my son play cricket, so I've just caught up with the highlights.

A decent race, Red Bull played a good hand in qualifying which allowed Max Verstappen to start the race on this week's "hard" compound, which was last week's "medium", and proved to be a master stroke.

A great result for Formula 1.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I missed the race as I was watching my son play cricket, so I've just caught up with the highlights.

A decent race, Red Bull played a good hand in qualifying which allowed Max Verstappen to start the race on this week's "hard" compound, which was last week's "medium", and proved to be a master stroke.

A great result for Formula 1.
    I don't think anyone expect that result :) You're right, a great day for F1.

Albon was pretty good too, exciting and very brave moves. Disappointing quali for him, but a good race, being the second driver in the RedBull is a hot seat but I think he's done enough for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Granted Bottas didn't close the gap to Verstappen however you can't compare the Finn's immediate lap times with Hamilton's as Bottas was racing to the end, Hamilton only had the last 8-9 laps or whatever it was - he could go flat out, Bottas couldn't. I suspect that Bottas couldn't have beaten, or even challenged, Verstappen anyway as the Red Bull plus Verstappen package was, quite simply, better than that of both Mercedes. Barcelona may prove to be a challenge to the Silver Arrows as well, high temperatures plus a circuit known for front left tyre wear may well fall favourable to Red Bull again.

Leclerc raced very well, 4th on a one stop strategy, given the relative performance of Ferrari my driver of the day goes to him rather than Verstappen, though the Dutchman would be a close second. Bottas was understandably miffed at his pole to third step though I don't think he could have done any better given the circumstances, a (typically) faster teammate and a superior RB dealt his hand. Team orders had zip to do with Hamilton getting past him. Vettel's relationship with Ferrari appears to be even more troubled, his "...but you know that you've messed up" are further signs of a crumbling partnership, and Magnussen once again showed himself capable of a "robust" manoeuvre when he nearly took out Latifi, the former's 2 point licence penalty plus his 5sec time penalty thoroughly deserved.
    Fair enough.

Friedrich Nietzsche

They twice talked about “Great Britain“, which I believe is the name to describe the big island, which comprises most of England, Wales and Scotland and which forms part of British Isles which includes the islands known as Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of White, etc.
    "Isle of White", eh? Is that a Freudian slip for where you'd really like to live?

I don't think anyone expect that result :) You're right, a great day for F1.

Albon was pretty good too, exciting and very brave moves. Disappointing quali for him, but a good race, being the second driver in the RedBull is a hot seat but I think he's done enough for another season.
    Red Bull got it bang on today - great result, and a Honda powered first place!.

Clearly there are ongoing issues for Mercedes in terms of tyre life/chassis dynamics.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    "Isle of White", eh? Is that a Freudian slip for where you'd really like to live?
    ohhh burn. Isle of Wight (or wrong)

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Red Bull got it bang on today - great result, and a Honda powered first place!.

Clearly there are ongoing issues for Mercedes in terms of tyre life/chassis dynamics.

Not sure about the “ongoing issue“. They won the first 3 races and have a 63 point lead in the WCC. Perhaps if there is a problem, it’s that the Mercedes engine/torque is simply to powerful for the tyres Pirelli are providing and they are simply shredding them. So is the problem the car or the tires?

Hopefully Pirelli can provide something tires which are fit for purpose. The softs they provided were good for 6 laps, so rather than having a choice of 3 the teams actually only had a choice of 2 and even then the Meds were only good for about 12 laps at a decent race pace.

Personally I would much rather watch drivers going “balls out”, rather then having to manage tires.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Not sure about the “ongoing issue“. They won the first 3 races and have a 63 point lead in the WCC. Perhaps if there is a problem, it’s that the Mercedes engine/torque is simply to powerful for the tyres Pirelli are providing and they are simply shredding them. So is the problem the car or the tires?

Hopefully Pirelli can provide something tires which are fit for purpose. The softs they provided were good for 6 laps, so rather than having a choice of 3 the teams actually only had a choice of 2 and even then the Meds were only good for about 12 laps at a decent race pace.

Personally I would much rather watch drivers going “balls out”, rather then having to manage tires.
    Mercedes are prone to cooling issues, tyre management can be a concern for them as well under certain conditions as this race attests to. Tyre management is affected my many aspects, chassis dynamics being one of them. Seeing as they're on a bit of a roll with championship wins I'd say it certainly isn't a problem with the car or, on average, the management of their tyres.

This was Pirelli Tyre selection for Spain in March. It will be interesting to see whether they stick with it in light of yesterday’s race. If yes then good, if no then are Pirelli, The FIA, Liberty Media trying to engineer the results Race by race.

https://maxf1.net/en/pirelli-reveals...20-spanish-gp/

Friedrich Nietzsche

This was Pirelli Tyre selection for Spain in March. It will be interesting to see whether they stick with it in light of yesterday’s race. If yes then good, if no then are Pirelli, The FIA, Liberty Media trying to engineer the results Race by race.

I would of thought every selection is being revisited based on the different climatic conditions based on time of year.

Of course they are trying to manipulate the race, it is now clear how the different cars perform and treat their tyres, they are control tyres as in several other classes of racing.

Call me stupid, but I thought the National Anthem of England was "Ole! Ole! Ole!".

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I would of thought every selection is being revisited based on the different climatic conditions based on time of year.

The original Spanish GP was scheduled for May when the average temps are low 20’s and Pirelli spec’ed the 3 hardest compounds due to the nature of the track. Now it will be run in August when the temps are high 20’s, therefore logic dictates that Pirelli should once again offer the 3 hardest tire choices. If not then why not?

As an aside, many congratulation to LH for matching Schumacher total of Podiums. It took MS 308 starts, LH achieved it in 255.

Friedrich Nietzsche

The original Spanish GP was scheduled for May when the average temps are low 20’s and Pirelli spec’ed the 3 hardest compounds due to the nature of the track. Now it will be run in August when the temps are high 20’s, therefore logic dictates that Pirelli should once again offer the 3 hardest tire choices. If not then why not?

As an aside, many congratulation to LH for matching Schumacher total of Podiums. It took MS 308 starts, LH achieved it in 255.
    Do you have any idea what goes in to the tyre choices made by pirelli?

Craftsman

I think Pirelli's tyre choices were set when the GPs were added to the revised calendar... If not, that would be a bit silly as you say.

Congrats indeed, and although that included four years in a Ferrari (1996-9) I think that was cancelled out by five years of Brawn Ferrari + Bridgestones tailored to him (2000-2005)

- Tim
    Last edited by in_denial; 10th August 2020 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Do you have any idea what goes in to the tyre choices made by pirelli?
    Not really, however in 2019, the C1, C2 and C3 tyre selection was only made for the following circuits

Bahrain
    Spain
    Silverstone
    Spa
    Brazil

Perhaps due to the high speed corners and wear rates.

Also the linked article suggested Vandvoort had already been identified as being a C1, C2 and C3 track.

However irrespective of the methods used (remember this is where they test) it would be rather odd if they didn’t select C1, C2 and C3 again would it.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Clearly that’s rubbish, when you have a car that is that much quicker around a race track than any other car in the field whatever driver is in, it is the car, look what happens when Russell drove Hamilton’s car, oh he was fastest, point proved end of argument
    This is quite correct, look back on history. Jenson Button’s one off World Championship, Mika Hakkinen’s dominance, Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel; plus plenty more examples. The overriding factor is the car; not the driver. Schumacher and Senna might have out-performed their cars a tad as they were geniuses but still the cars were good enough to get them to the championships.

Quote Originally Posted by in_denial View Post
    I think Pirelli's tyre choices were set when the GPs were added to the revised calendar... If not, that would be a bit silly as you say.

Congrats indeed, and although that included four years in a Ferrari (1996-9) I think that was cancelled out by five years of Brawn Ferrari + Bridgestones tailored to him (2000-2005)

- Tim
    All true, but for the sake of balance, don’t forget Lewis’s troubles between 2009 and 2014. That said he still managed 32 podiums and 13 wins in cars which were not dominate. In fact in 2013 Vettel won 9 GPs on the bounce.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Jenson Button’s one off World Championship
    Bad example imo. Remember that Button out pointed Hamilton over a season when they were team mates. One of Button's biggest flaws was choice of team and he admittedly got it right that year, but he still beat Barichello in the same car, and not many people accuse him of being a rubbish driver. Perhaps Jaques Villeneuve would be a better example?