closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hotel in Edinburgh recommendation

Craftsman

Hotel in Edinburgh recommendation

Thinking of going to Edinburgh on a short 3 night mid week break early July. There will be 4 of us going so 2 x double/twin rooms with a decent breakfast. Its 20 years since I was last there but hoping to keep within a budget of 100-200 pounds per room per night.

TripAdvisor threw up the Royal Scots Club, Abercromby Place which would be at the top of the budget. Just looking for a standard room really. Any recommendations appreciated.

Master
    There’s a couple of places I use regularly for customer meetings as they are convenient but also good hotels

Out of the centre I use the village hotel which has excellent facilities all round

In the city I use the jury’s inn near Waverley station, good breakfast, central location and easy for most of the touristy bits

If you do go I recommend you getting an Indian breakfast at dishooom, and a pizza at little Italy, both superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apex Grassmarket is my favourite. Love it.

Craftsman
    Glasshouse was pretty decent last time we spent a few days in Edinburgh.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Apex Grassmarket is my favourite. Love it.
    I'd agree with this one. Good value.

Avoid the Mercure on Princes Street, rooms are too noisy to have the windows closed and the street is too noisy to have them open

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    When we had a mini break to see the Tattoo we stayed at the Radisson Blu. Not the best or the cheapest, but has the advantage of being on the Royal Mile so very central.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I normally use the Hilton Edinburgh Carlton and I really like the place and the location.

Just stayed 3 nights in 'The Hub' by Premier inn Edinburgh Haymarket. Really modern and functional. Small rooms, nice bar and a great cafe just around the corner (Zest & Co) for breakfast. Also, really easily located for all of the grat places in Edinburgh to eat/visit.

We booked early for a work show and only paid £30 per night this week, bargain!

John